2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Billy B

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THIS is the Wisconsin team that ALWAYS shows up in March. The Badgers win a tournemant game or two, then crap in the bed. Bo Ryan never disappoints.

Butler advances to the Elite Eight.

Maybe if Wisconsin wasn't so afraid of the basket.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

See....it's crap like this that makes you the low-quality poster that you are.

Whatever you say, dude. I will say this, however: your arsenal of a couple boring, repetitive (and usually somehow Boise State-related) attacks on me isn't exactly the height of quality either.

Who gives a fvck what kind of NBA player Fredette's going to be when he's playing in a college tournament? [...] Why take away from a player just because he might not pan out at the pro level? That's just fvckin' stupid.

Uh... why do you think people play or watch college sports? The athletes want to showcase their skills and parlay that into a big pro contract, and the fans, aside from supporting their alma mater or favorite school, want to see future greats before they go pro. It's disingenuous to suggest that pro sports has little or nothing to do with college sports.

And besides that, what's wrong with speculating how somebody might do in the pros? It's not like we won't be seeing Jimmer in the NBA next season, so there's grounds to make a prediction.

I don't watch them as if they are minor leagues for the pros.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Uh... why do you think people play or watch college sports? The athletes want to showcase their skills and parlay that into a big pro contract, and the fans, aside from supporting their alma mater or favorite school, want to see future greats before they go pro. It's disingenuous to argue that pro sports has nothing to do with college sports.

I'll answer your question with two questions.

1. Do you think Jimmer Fredette was worried about his stock as a "future pro" in tonight's game vs. Florida?

2. When you watch a Boise State football game, you care more about Kellen Moore's prospects at being an NFL QB moreso than how he performs in that game?

No and no, but...

1. Don't think for a second that ESPN won't be starting the "Jimmer in the draft lottery" hype train as soon as possible. Jimmer might not be worried about his draft stock but the media will be talking about it.

2. I'd still like to see him make the jump from successful college QB to successful pro QB.

----

I thought Duke was overrated as a 1 seed on selection day, and they are proving me right. Funny how bad they suck when they're not playing what amounts to home games in the tournament. Also, Butler is playing great.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The vast majority of college players aren't good enough to go pro; most people know this.

Also, no professional sports playoff system can match the NCAA basketball tournament in terms of excitement and unpredictability. The NCAA tournament is unpredictable, in part, because there are so many players not quite good enough to be pros, but good enough to win one game. To worry about so-and-so's pro prospects during the tournament is to miss the entire point of the tournament.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Well, I probably should have made the context clearer in hindsight. I was really complaining about how the media has been overhyping Fredette and pretending he's worthy of a high lottery pick when I just don't see him projecting that well.

AZ 93 Dook 77

Nuff said

Heh, maybe Kevin W was on to something. :P

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Bear Down Arizona!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

AZ 93 Dook 77

Nuff said

And Kevin W. has busted out the hand lotion and...well, you get the rest.

Anyway, thank you Arizona for sending Duke home. Apparently no one has told Butler that they're not supposed to do this two years in a row.

BB52Big.jpg

Hey, I only made one very tame comment.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It was meant as a little joke about your slightly disturbing obsession with all things University of Arizona sports.

I commend you for your restraint in this thread.

BB52Big.jpg

Had Wisconsin's 1 for 16 streak been 4 for 16, it may have been different. Bo Ryan is the winning coach in Big Ten history, but his style of play leads to the occasional sub-25% shooting. They went to the final 8 once (losing to eventual champ UNC), but that will never happen again.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Butler has the defense to slow Florida down. Should be a really good game Saturday afternoon.

That game should be close, but I actually can't wait to see UConn-Zona. I'm not sure what to expect in that one, but you know it's gonna be goooooood!

6uXNWAo.png

It was meant as a little joke about your slightly disturbing obsession with all things University of Arizona sports.

I commend you for your restraint in this thread.

On an occasion like this, I don't have time for unrestrained celebrations on here what with all of the unrestrained celebrations going on away from the computer.

Archived