2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Billy B

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Purdue? Maybe. Georgetown? Absolutely not.

That's what I meant, you guys can't possibly think that a domination of Purdue is not impressive. I agree beating Georgetown without their best player probably wasn't that impressive but still, most of America had them losing that game.

I can say I am one happy fan for my alma mater. VCU has basically silenced all those that said they shouldn't even be in. I can't wait to see the game against Butler. That is gonna be a great game.

Nope. You can still say they shouldn't have been in because based on their resume there were others who deserved it more. And who's to say they wouldn't have done the same if they had been given their due chance. Now I'm happy for them especially beating KU, but they got a chance that should've gone to others. They got lucky in getting a spot and are taking full advantage of it. Great for them. It's been awesome to watch. But it doesn't change anything about the initial picks.

If you can't crack the top 5 in the Big XII, or need the rest of your division to blow to get an attractive record, maybe you really don't deserve a spot either.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

A note from the VCU-Kansas game. While I was really rooting for VCU, I now have a respect for Bill Self and his Jayhawks. The way both teams were continuously helping the opposing players off the floor leads me to believe that both of those coaches/teams are class acts. I wish there were more teams like that in all sports.

I can say I am one happy fan for my alma mater. VCU has basically silenced all those that said they shouldn't even be in. I can't wait to see the game against Butler. That is gonna be a great game.

Nope. You can still say they shouldn't have been in because based on their resume there were others who deserved it more. And who's to say they wouldn't have done the same if they had been given their due chance. Now I'm happy for them especially beating KU, but they got a chance that should've gone to others. They got lucky in getting a spot and are taking full advantage of it. Great for them. It's been awesome to watch. But it doesn't change anything about the initial picks.

If you can't crack the top 5 in the Big XII, or need the rest of your division to blow to get an attractive record, maybe you really don't deserve a spot either.

If the Big East can get 11 teams in then a team outside the top 5 in the Big 12 can. If Mizzou had been left out I'd probably understand. But Colorado, MSU and others probably should've been in before VCU. But again I'm happy with what they've been doing.

I feel like Butler is going to finish the job they didn't finish last season. That's what I think we'll see. I can't see them getting back here and not finishing the job

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Just saw this on SportsCenter:

Out of the 5,900,000 brackets filled out on espn.com, 2 people got the final four correct. 2!

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Here's one of the brackets. He's currently in 1st place.

http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/en/entry?entryID=1079446

This mysterious second person must've done horrible otherwise, because they aren't on the leaderboard.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

I seriously want to know how the hell you pick that bracket to make that Final Four and only miss 11 games on the way to that. That's just stupid.

Huzzah for Butler.

Huzzah for VCU.

Kind of a shame that the two of them have to play each other, but at least this Final Four has a different spice to it that most.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

By the way...

My predictions:

Butler def. Florida

Arizona def. UConn

VCU def. Kansas

Kentucky def. North Carolina

After how crazy this tournament has been, I just don't see the Elite Eight going chalk.

So you're picking all four lower seeds? Yeah... Not happening.

Hey Cujo, three out of four ain't bad, and the only one I got wrong was a two-point game. I hate to say I told you so, but... I told you so. :P

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

By the way...

My predictions:

Butler def. Florida

Arizona def. UConn

VCU def. Kansas

After how crazy this tournament has been, I just don't see the Elite Eight going chalk.

Hey Cujo, three out of four ain't bad, and the only one I got wrong was a two-point game. I hate to say I told you so, but... I told you so. :P

Yep, one shot away from being perfect. :cry:

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

By the way...

My predictions:

Butler def. Florida

Arizona def. UConn

VCU def. Kansas

No. I told you there was no way ALL FOUR of those teams would win. Arizona lost. Thus, I was correct. You didn't tell me anything.

6uXNWAo.png

If the Big East can get 11 teams in then a team outside the top 5 in the Big 12 can. If Mizzou had been left out I'd probably understand. But Colorado, MSU and others probably should've been in before VCU. But again I'm happy with what they've been doing.

You should hear what I have to say about not finishing in the top 8 of your Conference. AND YES I KNOW THE ONLY BIG EAST TEAMS THAT REMEMBERED THERE IS BASKETBALL IN MARCH DIDN'T FINISH IN THE TOP 8!!!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived