New Indians Unis

meetthemets

Kind of disappointed with these, maybe because they are shown all together. If the piping and lettering were more consistent, they would look better as a group.

For years I had hoped for a red hat, now they add one when they use navy as a predominant color. I wish they would go back to the red piping, socks and cleats from the 90's. Then, a red cap would be perfect.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't see this posted anywhere yet...

5159628492_ee48b5086a_o.jpg

http://mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=...s_cle&c_id=cle

As much as I like the scripted name on the current uniforms, I really dig the home alt and the new roads.

For both of the lids, the 'C' seems to get a bit lost. I wouldn't mind a very thin outline of white around the C. Wouldn't that help it stand out just a bit more?

"Conduct may be founded on the hard rock or the wet marshes."

they should've updated the script wordmark...the "I" looks more like a "J"

and I thought they were gonna slowly move away from using chief wahoo??? not eliminate all together but just move away from that as the primary? no? oh well I'm not gonna get into THAT debate with you people (most of you think the logo is fine to use in 2010)

nevertheless

this is crap

what was wrong with what they were already using? just when I thought it was awful, they unveil something WORSE

smh

They should have kept a consistent piping style through out all 4 uniforms. Not sure why they decided it would be better to have 3 different piping styles on 4 uniforms.

Not only that, as people have said before... why not put script Indians on the Home, block Cleveland on the road. Keep block Indians on the alt home, and then put script Cleveland on the road alt? It would have been a bit of a mismatch, but it would have been a throw back to older uniforms when they had script on the home, block on the road... and still would have kept an even look of block to script and Indians to Cleveland.

That being said, I think the block Cleveland is going to look sharp, on field.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

No. You can't have 2 identities. It doesn't work that way. I am denying the fact that this is humanly possible! This is how it should be:

Home: Home alt becomes home primary.

Road: Same.

Sunday Home Alt: Red Jersey with navy INDIANS script and a cream outline (as seen in current home alt). With red socks and a red hat (as seen with current home alt).

Road Alt: Navy jersey with red CLEVELAND script and cream outline (as seen in current road alt). With navy socks and a navy hat (as seen in current road alt).

C'mon man! <<<<<(MNF Countdown reference!)

Why is it so wrong for a team to use one word mark on the home jersey, and another on the road? I'll discount Washington, but what about the Mets, Twins, Padres? They all have two different word marks. Does this mean they are struggling with their identity?

Or is this more about piping and eleventybillion hats...?

And, I'd like to point out that throughout the 40s and 50s, the Indians had cursive word mark on their home jersey and block letters on the road...

No. You can't have 2 identities. It doesn't work that way. I am denying the fact that this is humanly possible! This is how it should be:

Home: Home alt becomes home primary.

Road: Same.

Sunday Home Alt: Red Jersey with navy INDIANS script and a cream outline (as seen in current home alt). With red socks and a red hat (as seen with current home alt).

Road Alt: Navy jersey with red CLEVELAND script and cream outline (as seen in current road alt). With navy socks and a navy hat (as seen in current road alt).

C'mon man! <<<<<(MNF Countdown reference!)

Why is it so wrong for a team to use one word mark on the home jersey, and another on the road? I'll discount Washington, but what about the Mets, Twins, Padres? They all have two different word marks. Does this mean they are struggling with their identity?

Or is this more about piping and eleventybillion hats...?

And, I'd like to point out that throughout the 40s and 50s, the Indians had cursive word mark on their home jersey and block letters on the road...

I typically find it ok to have script on the home and block on the road (i.e., Twins pinstripes, 80's Mets...) or like mentioned, the current Mets. Actually, the block Cleveland doesn't bother me. It's the 2 different pipings that do. If they had left it off the collar, it'd be ok. Like when the Rangers were in red or the 90's Orioles. But for some reason adding it around the collar on one feels like a completely different design.

And of course the TWO FRICKIN NAVY BLUES!

Yes! All three of those teams are, in fact, struggling with their respective identities. The Padres have too many hats, too many uniforms, and they avoid wearing the road pee-pee-soaked-greys as much as possible, probably because there's a big ugly script on such an ugly color for matching shirts and pants. The Twins dug back to 1961 for a road script to match the old-style home script, ostensibly as part of a plan to turn back the clock to the early Metropolitan Stadium days, and then they maintained the 87-91 home script alongside the neo-retro tailed script anyway. As for the Mets struggling with their visual identity, they practically wrote the book.

With modern design, whether you're coming up with entirely new designs or looking to the past for ideas, you have to have harmony between all your elements. It's not enough anymore to slap together whatever you have on hand and call it a uniform. That's fine in 1950. Today, you're expected to think things through. There are merchandising dollars at stake the likes of which nobody imagined when hastily cobbling together the Baltimore Orioles or Oakland A's.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Minnesota hasn't had a revolution since someone raised his hand in a Lutheran church basement and said "I'm thinking of bringing fish to next week's potluck instead."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I was thinking the same thing for the Indians... something like a Rust-Brown. I am working on an MLB tweak concept, and I am using a dark Navy, Rust-Brown, and their current Red. I really do not enjoy seeing all the Red/White/Navy teams and the new emergence of Navy/Light Blue/Gold in every teams alt now.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I always make the Indians Maroon and Red when I am making concepts in my head. Wahoo would be relegated to the uni sleeve and alternate logo status. The hat logo would be the cursive I, which is awesome by the way. You can keep the script Indians and Cleveland (red) in the 90s style to make people happy. An alt uni would be Maroon with a red Indians scipt. All hats would have a red brim. Bam. Done.

Everyone loves a roundel.

Minnesota hasn't had a revolution since someone raised his hand in a Lutheran church basement and said "I'm thinking of bringing fish to next week's potluck instead."

Bringing fish to the potluck would have only caused a kerfuffle. Not bringing anything would have caused a revolution!

"Conduct may be founded on the hard rock or the wet marshes."

Phasing out the script logos is such an epic fail. How they can see moving to ridiculously generic uniforms as a good idea is beyond me.

Well, because they look better, for one.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Didn't see this posted anywhere yet...

5159628492_ee48b5086a_o.jpg

http://mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=...s_cle&c_id=cle

As much as I like the scripted name on the current uniforms, I really dig the home alt and the new roads.

For both of the lids, the 'C' seems to get a bit lost. I wouldn't mind a very thin outline of white around the C. Wouldn't that help it stand out just a bit more?

Nope. That would just make it like very other freaking hat out there. Enough with the outlines.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Well, because they look better, for one.

Maybe for a high-school team that can't afford better uniforms.

Ye have much to learn. The script jerseys look very 'softball-ish' and 'minor league-y,' whereas the block-lettered jerseys make them look like an actual baseball team, and that's basically all there is to it.

Baseball Player:

Bob_Feller_June_1947.jpg

That's just how they're supposed to look. I don't know how else to break it to you. ^ What a great freaking uniform, by the way.

The scripts actually look interesting and complement the Chief Wahoo logo perfectly (although the extra outline is superfluous). The block letters could be used by any team USA and do absolutely nothing to distinguish the team other than spell its city or team name.

Oh, and these guys are also baseball players:

2467130401_84dcaac325.jpg

...and not only that, they're also wearing the best baseball uniforms of all time, IMO. B)

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived