New Indians Unis

meetthemets

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a team that can't decide whether to go retro or modern, or whether to embrace Chief Wahoo or ditch him, so they thought "let's just do everything!" I have gotten used to seeing all the different alternate jerseys different teams use lately, but do they really need 4 caps?

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

Looks like a team that can't decide whether to go retro or modern, or whether to embrace Chief Wahoo or ditch him, so they thought "let's just do everything!" I have gotten used to seeing all the different alternate jerseys different teams use lately, but do they really need 4 caps?

Agreed, I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw Cleveland roll out this new set. I prefer the fauxback set, but I wouldn't mind if they stayed with what they already had. Either way, they need to pick one. Four caps really is unnecessary for one team (I think I may buy the red hat, though. It's sharp.)

No. You can't have 2 identities. It doesn't work that way. I am denying the fact that this is humanly possible! This is how it should be:

Home: Home alt becomes home primary.

Road: Same.

Sunday Home Alt: Red Jersey with navy INDIANS script and a cream outline (as seen in current home alt). With red socks and a red hat (as seen with current home alt).

Road Alt: Navy jersey with red CLEVELAND script and cream outline (as seen in current road alt). With navy socks and a navy hat (as seen in current road alt).

C'mon man! <<<<<(MNF Countdown reference!)

25yzwqg.png

I really like the road, honestly. I just saw this video on the Indians website. The piping around the neck looks nice. I just don't know why they wouldn't do the same to the alternate home.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

These are great, my only changes would be to keep the grey away with the cursive "cleveland" script. Might have been cool to put that on the blue jersey instead.

I'm glad they added a red cap! Can't wait to see the batting helmets, hopefully they have 3. Red with C, Blue with C, and Blue with chief wahoo.

So they have offset piping on the Home and road alt. No piping on the home alt. Neckline piping on the away. Why not just have a consistent piping on all 3 uniforms? Moreover, why not use the cursive fonts on the Home and Road... and the block font on the alts? At least have some sort of consistency. I never understood the approach of throwing :censored: at the wall and seeing what sticks.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Of all those four jerseys, I like only one: the gray with Cleveland across its chest.

Caps? Mmmmhhh... I would like the Indians use the 1954 hat. It's very nice.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Could have been much worse. I just hope they wear the alternates sparingly enough so as to establish a clear main identity (which I am assuming is supposed to be the throwback look). Since this team is from the same city as the Cavs I'm not too surprised with the mish-mash of identities/eras/logos/looks.

And for the record, the link in the original post doesn't work, at least for me.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Could have been much worse. I just hope they wear the alternates sparingly enough so as to establish a clear main identity (which I am assuming is supposed to be the throwback look). Since this team is from the same city as the Cavs I'm not too surprised with the mish-mash of identities/eras/logos/looks.

And for the record, the link in the original post doesn't work, at least for me.

Edit - I just read on the other thread that the gray is going to be the primary road, and the far right (Indians cursive) is going to be primary home. So the home primary is "modern", the road primary is "retro", the home alternate is "retro", and the road alternate is "modern". So much for maintaining a clear identity, I guess that was too much to ask for from Cleveland.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

The new road jersey is making me very, very sleepy. A definite downgrade from the previous road jersey.

Also, anybody else notice they decided to debut their set by showing us the REPLICA jerseys? No wonder the lettering looks like crap.

I could just mention this in the official MLB thread where this was already covered, but I'll add this here:

As has been said in both threads, I hate the set. Not any jersey in general, I just hate the set of the four together. It's horribly mismatched, Chief Wahoo looks out of place on all 4 sleeves, the piping issues, etc, etc, etc.

Has this even happened before? Where a team has exactly 4 jerseys and 4 unique hats, one for each jersey? I'm sure the Pirates and Astros may have cone close but exactly 4 and 4?

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

What sucks is, the set isn't that hard to fix with the current 4 jerseys.

- Make the block jerseys(home and road) the primaries.

- Make the script jersey(home and alt) the home alt and road alt, respectively.

- Give the block home navy piping, so it matches the other 2 non-navy unis.

- Drop the red hat, drop the all navy Wahoo hat.

- Put a white outline on the red C on the navy hat, so both remaining hats have white outlines.

OR

- Don't come up with 2 completely different identities and unveil them as one set.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

I like all the jerseys. Having them "split" the way they are is just ridiculous. Put my vote in the "make the block letter jerseys the primaries" column if for no other reason than if you're going to "change" uniforms then commit to changing them. Right now the Indians are half pregnant. Damn, and I thought the Cavs did some stupid :censored: with their 32 uniforms.

PS: Four hats? :rolleyes:

BB52Big.jpg

Archived