Buc's Pro-Combatized NFL

tBBP

I personally am not crazy about the Tennessee Titans' uniforms, but then again, I never have been as they've never gotten it right from day one. As for the Cardinals one, I definitely like that one the best out of your newest set, and the Dolphins as well as Redskins are simple, yet easy on the eyes.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dammit--just now realized my gaffe on that Titans concept. (See kids...this is why you should always let someone else look at your work before you post it. :P ) It'll be fixed once all these get onto my webfolio. Several of these might see slight edits before that point, as well.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

New member here, I've been scoping this site for a few months now and decided that i'd get in on the action. Alas, here are my thoughts on your latest set.

Jacksonville: I like what you're doing with the jaguar print on the side of the jersey and pants, along with the block numbers. However, i dislike the teal outline on the helmet. The Jag's helmet is beautiful because of the black in the logo meshing with the black of the helmet. Also, i think the collar looks off here. maybe the same color as the jerseys would be better here, but it isn't that big.

Titans: Love the idea that you came up with here, however, i think you may want to scale down the thickness of the red.

Dolphins: Reminds me of a what San Diego did a few years ago, with the modern number change and helmet. I like it and i like the new dolphin logo. Again, the collar looks weird for me here.

Cardinals: While it looks good on paper, i'm not quite sure how the red beak would do in game or how it would fly with cardinals fans. It's an interesting take on the logo and for this concept, it looks fantastic.

Redskins: While i don't approve of FSU (Gator Bait) I could see the redskins possibly going more in that direction in the future. If Iowa and Pittsburgh can do it, i'm sure the redskins and the noles can figure out something.

Good job so far, cant wait for the new ones.

As a Redskins fan, I see all these concepts that change up the main logo, and none of them work well. The W or R with a new style of feathers just dont work well. I know about the whole P.C. thing but it just doesn't work. And I'm not feeling the burnt yellowish color.

Agreed. Sanitizing the logo never works. They have a solid identity right now, could even be called classic even though it is only 39 years old.

Just putting this out there:

REDSKINS WORE THE SPEAR BEFORE FSU-ABOUT TEN YEARS BEFORE.

THANK YOU!

That bugs me every time...they're not "Florida State" spears...FSU ripped them off from the Skins.

87Redskins.png

Jaguars: Not a fan of the jaguar print...a little too feminine for me.

Titans: HUGE fan of the inclusion of red in the striping, and I like the slight updates to the design. And fnz is right on the helmet...I'd use the one on the player model as well.

Dolphins: I prefer their current number font and logo, and the design is essentially the same, so IMO the removal of navy is the only change you should have in your concept.

Cards: I love the simplicity of these and the sublimated flag on the chest. You did a good job of simplifying the look without making it look boring or outdated.

Skins: I'm a fan of the spear logo and color scheme, and the updated logo looks really nice. My only complaint is the helmet stripe, as it doesn't match the unis, but you can't use the double stripe and make it symmetrical, so I'd just leave it.

Buc,I like most of these,but your Colts logo is very innapropriate.You'll see what I mean.

I still ain't figured this one out. Eh well.

Had to go back and examine it 'outside the box,' i.e. leaving aside the context of it being a sports logo and so on. My conclusion as to his meaning is that it looks like an abstract, Colt-ified diagram from a Human Sexuality textbook. To put it delicately.

Solid work on everything else. You could will do this for a living.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Buc,I like most of these,but your Colts logo is very innapropriate.You'll see what I mean.

I still ain't figured this one out. Eh well.

Had to go back and examine it 'outside the box,' i.e. leaving aside the context of it being a sports logo and so on. My conclusion as to his meaning is that it looks like an abstract, Colt-ified diagram from a Human Sexuality textbook. To put it delicately.

Solid work on everything else. You could will do this for a living.

Eh...if only I could. Unfortunately right now Uncle Sam has other ideas. (Is it 2012 yet? :cursing: )

Re: the Cardinals...I figured the all-red bird (see what I did there?) probably came as a bit of a surprise being that so many are used to the yellow beak. But I went and tried it anyway. Re: the 'Skins (and this is all I'll say on this topic--let's please keep any impending political debate up outta here, kthx), really the only reason I went that route is because if ever the 'Skins were to roll out a new logo, unless it's a 90% close cleanup of the current, I couldn't see them rolling out a new logo featuring that same kind of imagery, given the current controversy. I myself am indifferent to it, but I don't speak for others on that front.

Well...looks like I got about six left to go in this series. If you thought I had surprises before, then stay tuned--I'm tryna go out of this one with a BIG ol' bang. ^_^

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

• 3 weeks later...

At long last, folks...I've finallly managed to wrap all this up. So here I present, on the back end of all this Pro Combat Craziness...the grand finale. Got a few more surprises in store...let's do this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

MINNESOTA VIKINGS - Still working on a logo revision for this team here, so in the interim I'm just sticking with the horn. I wanted to find some way to bring to modern life the older look many fans like so much, so I kinda did a hybrid of the old threads and the current looks, minus the side panels. Far as I'm concerned, the Vikings OWN the color purple in the NFL, and I wanted this set to reflect as much. (That also explains the tagline.) See what I did below...

MINvikings_NPC.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------

OAKLAND RAIDERS - the Silver and Black. Had to be careful with this one. On the one hand, just the nickname and rabid fan aura alone could make one go wildin' out with a design for this team. On the other hand, this IS da Raidahz we're talking about, and for all their recent futility, there's still a longstanding tradition of winning associated with this franchise. To that end, I kept to the overall super-simplistic look, but with some refreshments. I managed to find a then-intended-to-be throw-away mockup sketch for a Raiders logo I started long ago; roughed it up, cleaned it somewhat, and used that as the placeholder here. The numbers come from a Grambling State concept set I did a while ago. All that said, here's the Silver and Black:

OAKraiders_NPC.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------

DETROIT LIONS - okay, here it go. I think just about everyone's attempted a Lions concept at some point or other in the five years that I've been a Creamerite. This is but one version of a concept I started well over three years ago, but couldn't quite figure out where I wanted to go with it. It's still in progress, and a full-blown Illy concept set may be soon to follow, but let's just say that I aimed to go with this concept where no other Lions concept has ever gone. I'm still working on the actual lion, so in its place is a secondary monogram logo I marked up. Just a quick breezer on my design direction with this: where most Lions concepts (hell, most sports identities period) try to capture ferocity, with this, i zagged the other way and aimed to capture the "royalty" aspect instead, being that the lion is the "king of the jungle", after all. Oh--and um, I did something else that'll really be hit-or-miss with the masses, too. I'm actually REALLY interested to see the feedback I get on this here....so here it is.

DETlions_NPC.png

CAROLINA PANTHERS - from one cat team to another. This is another one I've been stuck on for the longest, mainly because I kept getting stuck on what I wanted to do with a re-versioned logo. What I finally did come up with was actually inspired both by re-reading through BrandNStudio's Panther logo development thread as well as the contributions Fraser Davidson made in that thread. As for the uniforms themsselves, they're a version of a Panthers concept I did a long, long time ago--one of the first I ever did on here. Key thing here was spotlighting the Ericsson cellphone blue, since that's such a distinctive color. Beyond that, it still sticks mostly to the current Panthers uniforms overall. Here it is for y'all:

CARpanthers_NPC.png

BALTIMORE RAVENS - I got a feeling a lot of y'all gon' like this one. I feel confident in saying that, since this actually turned out to be my favorite of the bunch. Now, if there is one team in the league whose identity lends itself to truly tricked-out designs, it's this team. And I will admit, since I started working on this right around the time of the BCS National 'Ship game, there's a good bit of Oregon influence here--and you'll see what I'm talking about. Basically, I just went for it here--everything that I've wanted to do with this team's identity, I managed to do here...even made up a new bird logo. And I'm quite pleased with the result. BUT...I wanna see what y'all have say, so...here's my Baltimore Ravens set. See what'cha think:

BALravens_NPC.png

And finally, last but most certainly not least.................

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS - alright, some of y'all been waiting on this one. More of you are probably wondering how the pre-eminent Buccaneer fanatic of this community has never done a Buccaneers concept set before? Simple...it's hard as hell to come up with a concept for your favorite team. BUT...I managed to do it anyway AND...I went in a direction didn't none of y'all see coming. Now, As most of you well know, I have an insane attachment to the old creamsicle colors, sooo...that's which way I went here. My intent, as has been the case during this whole project, was to fuse old with new. I even went so far as to revive, and re-invent, good ol' Bucco Bruce, the likeness of which is based, however loosely, upon yours truly. :P (That was something else that held up any potential Buccaneer concepts in the past.) I think most will be able to see how the present was fused into the past here. So, with all that said, here's my re-invention of the classic-colored identity of...my (and some of y'alls) Tampa Bay Buccaneers...

TBbuccaneers_NPC.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

And that, folks, brings to a conclusion my Pro-Combatized NFL Concept Series. Moreover, this is also the first series I've actually managed to see through to completion in five years of doing this. (There's a lesson to be learned in there somewhere...but I can't pick it out right now.) All that said, I wanna send a big-time shout-out to Mr. Davidson again--studying all those tutorials is what helped me begin to develop my logo-making skills. For all the uniform concepts I've created int he past, I've never been good at logo design, but I think that's beginning to change, so thanks for all those, man. And, for all the rest of you who helped me along the way, either with PMs, fan ideas, suggestions, or the like.

Now that I've gotten that out....feel free to share any feedback you may have, about the latest batch, the previous 26, or whatever else you choose. Holla at me!

~Buc

Vikes: Not much to say here, but the small changes you made were for the better.

Raiders: I like the new logo and number font, and the tapered pant stripes look sharp.

Lions: I LOVE what you did here! You're right that there are plenty of Lions concepts out there, and yours by far is the most original. I like the D logo a lot, and the number font is great. I also like the striping a lot. And I'm assuming the hit-or-miss thing you mentioned is the addition of gold, and I really like it.

Panthers: I like the black helmet and the new logo.

Ravens: I really like the shoulder striping...very sharp. I also like that you made black the primary color.

Bucs: I really like your updated Bucco Bruce logo, but I'm not a huge fan of the unis. I know you're going for the throwback look, but with the creamsicle and Bruce I think you could go modern on the jersey design.

Had to go back and examine it 'outside the box,' i.e. leaving aside the context of it being a sports logo and so on. My conclusion as to his meaning is that it looks like an abstract, Colt-ified diagram from a Human Sexuality textbook.

lol doesn't look outside the box at all to me!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Vikings: It's certainly an improvement, and the small changes you made were for the better, but I was expecting more.

Raiders: I love your updated logo and number font, as they work perfectly for the Raiders as a whole. I also like the pants stripes, not only because they look sharp, but because anything else wouldn't match the rest of the identity you gave them.

Lions: *drools*

Panthers: I like the whole package, and the black helmet is something that the Carolina Panthers should go to full-time. I also think that most Panther concepts tend to overplay the silver, and I like how you minimized that, but added to their look as a black and blue team overall.

Ravens: I don't mind the shoulder striping, being that this is a Pro Combat concept, but for some reason the whole uniform seems a tad bland like their expansion uniforms. It's not bad by any means, but I just would've preferred purple as the primary color, and perhaps something more for the shoulders altogether.

Buccaneers: I love your updated Bucco Bruce logo, and I love the creamsicle uniforms from long ago, so this is an absolute wonderful update to their original look.

I really like what you did with Tampa Bay. The only thing that doesn't quite seem right is the right eye (viewer's left). Right now it hovers between eye patch and not eye patch. I would either add a strap or the white of the eye. It's been a really good series.

love the panthers' black helmet. they need to switch to one immediately. it makes their set better by leaps and bounds. and i, too, love the creamsicle bucs unis, so a reimagined bruce and the throwbacks colors are definitely the way to go IMO. and love the idea of the old english D on the lions helmet. very nice touch.

really outstanding work on the entire set!

sig2024.png

MINNESOTA VIKINGS - Not bad... certianly an improvement over what they have now, but nothing that really jumps out at me. Although since it is the Vikings, somehow that seems fitting :P

OAKLAND RAIDERS - Great update on the logo. Although I don't think the uniforms can be improved upon, so I like that you only made minimal changes.

DETROIT LIONS - I love this despite the fact that it gets rid of one of my favorite helmet logos... great work!

CAROLINA PANTHERS - I probably would have forgone the helmet stripes altogether, but overall it's another winner!

BALTIMORE RAVENS - Win on top of win... this may be the best of the entire series. Love the shoulder wings!

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS - I don't know how you did it, but over the years you've convinced me that the Bucs should definitely go back to their classic creamsicle. Bucco looks better than ever.

Man, I'm almost sad to see this end because it's been one of my favorite series in all the time I've been a CCSLCer. But it has convinced me to throw my hat into the NFL Pro Combat ring. Granted, my concepts won't be as good due to my lack of high-end software and talent (at least relative to whats been shown here), but I've never been inspired to do an entire series before. Phenominal work my fam! :D

Archived