Buc's Pro-Combatized NFL

tBBP

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, just noticed the 'wings' of the Saints' FDL are crescents. Very nice, subtle but effective.

As others may know, New Orleans is nicknamed the Crescent City (because of the huge u-turn the Mississippi makes there) and that shape is used in logos around the city.

new_orleans_police_patch.jpg

P.S. The center of it looks like a sword pointing up, was that intentional?

I didn't say anything about that on purpose...was wondering how long it'd take you to catch that. ;)Probably didn't even catch the NOPD-influenced sleeve adornment, did you? Oh and to answer your question about the logo...the idea I had for tat fleur-de-lis came from studying the fence designs around New Orleans...it's a rendition of the top of a fence post and two crescents (which you caught), held together by a metal ring. (Better explanation given in here.)

Thanks to all who've commented thus far. Not sure when I'll have the next batch up...but I'm thinking I might go ol' school wit' it. Stay tuned...

No, our work monitors are 'dark' to begin with and with the shadows, I completely whiffed until you pointed it out and I went back and looked more closely. It looks great. Really like these concepts.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Aiight folks...update time.

Remember when I mentioned I was thinking I might go old school with it next? Well...here they go. Follow along.

-------------------------------------------------------------

GREEN BAY PACKERS - I already knew what I wanted to do with this team, since I started working on a Packers concept long ago that (like much my work) never reached completion. Made some revisions from that concept to this one, but based it off that old photo my folk illwauk loves posting up (this one right 'chea), as well as the old GB logo that Gothamite once had in his signature, one I'd really like the Pack to try and revive somewhere down the line. Anyway, here'smy rendition of that:

GBpackers_PChome.png

GBpackers_PCaway.png

(I started to go with "Lambeau Legends" as the tagline, but the NFL's championship is named after Lombardi, Green Bay may as well be NFL's "titletown", so I figured the one I used would aso be appropriate.)

------------------------------------------------------------

DALLAS COWBOYS - Just about every Cowboys concept conceived in these parts does one of two things: 1) corrects the silver to either the bluish or pure version, and 2) uses the old-school serified block numbers. For thatvery reason, I did neither. Instead, I pretty much based this off the '94 throwback uniforms, to combine the doublestar era as well as the '80s-early '90s look (the dark jerseys, that is). I also kept the greenish silver because I like the way it looks against the dark blue and it allows for a little bit of uniqueness. Kept the numbers currently used on the dark jerseys....

DALcowboys_PChome.png

DALcowboys_PCaway.png

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS - Again, I already knew what I wanted to do with this since I started working on a concept for them a while back. Little bit of a switch here in this one though...you might note the '94 (a.k.a. throwback) influence on this, as well as--well, you'll see. Here they are:

SF49ers_PChome.png

SF49ers_PCaway.png

CHICAGO BEARS - Another one with which I already knew what I wanted to do. Contemplated going the '94 throwback route here, but decided to have a lil' fun and go the "stripes, stripes, and more stripes" route instead. (For those I just lost, here's what I mean.) And now you know what I did:

CHIbears_PChome.png

CHIbears_PCroad.png

--------------------------------------------------------------

That's what I got for right now. More to come later. Think I might cook up a batch of AFC "wildness" next...stay tuned!

~Buc

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I really like those Niners uniforms, especially the number font. I also like the Bears unis you did, as people don't typically use that throwback design, so it's unique for a throwback.

On the Cowboys, I would make the shoulder yokes on the home silver...the helmet, pants, and numbers are all silver, so the white shoulders don't really go with the rest of the set.

like the unis. but the cowboys are not americas team. not even. change it to "lone star" or something. but no.

The Cowboys are "America's Team." That has been the team's nickname since the 70's. So it fits pretty well.

e5jlhh.jpg

like the unis. but the cowboys are not americas team. not even. change it to "lone star" or something. but no.

The Cowboys are "America's Team." That has been the team's nickname since the 70's. So it fits pretty well.

should it be though? that is the question.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

You've got a ton of great ideas in here, dude.

Your closest to perfection is the Bears, and all I think it needs are those same one-color, old-school thin block numerals from the illustration, and a jersey-colored collar (never liked solid colored collars for some reason, looks cheap to me, I guess). I think that particular uniform needs to be pretty true to the original. The current numerals don't work very well for me, but you were right to change the socks. You might even look at going with all orange stripes and numerals on the blue jersey/socks.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

You've got a ton of great ideas in here, dude.

Your closest to perfection is the Bears, and all I think it needs are those same one-color, old-school thin block numerals from the illustration, and a jersey-colored collar (never liked solid colored collars for some reason, looks cheap to me, I guess). I think that particular uniform needs to be pretty true to the original. The current numerals don't work very well for me, but you were right to change the socks. You might even look at going with all orange stripes and numerals on the blue jersey/socks.

That is a GREAT idea, I completely agree. It's like the throwbacks they wore this year, with no white on the jersey. I agree on the number font as well.

The Rams one is badass - very well done. I think the Patriots may look better with a red facemask for a little more contrast, and to make the red in the uniform "pop".

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Changing back to the original subject...

I like pretty much all of these. I'm curious to see what the Bears would look like if you retained your helmet design but added the wishbone C to it.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

• 2 weeks later...

That's like saying should Jacksonville keep their nickname as the Jaguars, since Jaguars don't exactly roam around in Florida... Dallas will always be known as America's team, end of story.

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

That's like saying should Jacksonville keep their nickname as the Jaguars, since Jaguars don't exactly roam around in Florida... Dallas will always be known as America's team, end of story.

I think it's pretty silly that they're referred to as "America's Team", especially since I don't even really hear that at all anymore, but it's still one of their marketing slogans, and it does have some hisotical merit, so it works fine on the jersey.

"Should it be?" is not the question. That's a whole other thread!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived