Buc's Pro-Combatized NFL

tBBP

Yeah, y'all done suckered me into this Pro Combat mess, too.

I know I'm super-late to the Pro Combat party, but I'm here now...got me a new toy to play with (finally downloaded the freegin' templates), got bored, and this was the result, so I figured I'd toss my hat into the ring, as well. This thing could turn into a recurring series, but I won't make any promises. :grin:

Anyway..first up, the two teams representing this coming Monday night's AFC East matchup.

-------------------------------------------------------

NEW YORK JETS - For some reason, Jets concepts come really easy for me, so th direction of this one was clear. It's actually just a photoshop version of this concept set here.

NYjets_PChome.png

NYjets_PCaway.png

NYjets_PChome2.png

NYjets_PCaway2.png

------------------------------------------------------------

And now for the second half of that Monday nighter...

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS - Again, jut a photoshop Pro Combat version of my previous Patriots concept, seen right here.

NEpatriots_PChome.png

NEpatriots_PCroad.png

-------------------------------------------------------------

So there's your first two, there may be more to come. Holla back at me, if you so choose....

~Buc

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 for 2 here! absolutely great job. I love love love that Jets primary logo! only thing I would do is keep that darker green...but i know most people love kelly green for some reason...

also, the patriots jersey design is really awesome! i know most people lean towards the stripes on the chest and back from the old days...but why not?

Ideas for team slogans:

Bears: Bear Down

Bengals: Who Dey

Bills: Circle the Wagons

Broncos: Orange Crush

Browns: Big Dawgs

Bucs: Fire the Cannons

Cardinals: Big Red

Chargers: Thunder & Lightning

Chiefs: Arrowhead Pride

Colts: Fast Lane

Cowboys: America's Team

Dolphins: Remember '72

Eagles: Fly Eagles Fly

Falcons: Dirty Birds

49ers: Gold Rush

Giants: Big Blue

Jags: Earn Your Spots

Lions: Motor City

Packers: Titletown USA

Panthers: Cardiac Cats

Raiders: Commitment to Excellence

Rams: Spirit of St. Louis

Ravens: Nevermore

Redskins: Fight for Old DC

Saints: Who Dat

Seahawks: Birds of Prey

Steelers: Steel Curtain

Texans: Battle Flag

Titans: Music City

Vikings: 40 for 60

both are really solid i dont think theres anything that needs to change on either. i think the Pat's shoulder stripes might work best on the helmet and/or pants though. its kind of funny the way it begins on the jersey. since its Pro Combat, maybe even try it on the socks?

dont forget about textures, patterns, gradients, and half tones. a lot of that stuff really made for some excellent design on this years PC group

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I'm not sold on the Jets helmet, but I'm really glad you used white shoes. If any team should have them, it's the Jets. Also, are those pants silver or white?

As for the Pats, I like how you combined their last 20 years into this package. I especially like the sublimated stripes. But don't be afraid to use shoulder #'s, which is what I would've done here. Nike managed to fix that on their template, as evidenced on Florida's PC unis this year.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Ideas for team slogans:

Bears: Bear Down

Bengals: Who Dey

Bills: Circle the Wagons

Broncos: Orange Crush

Browns: Big Dawgs

Bucs: Fire the Cannons

Cardinals: Big Red

Chargers: Thunder & Lightning

Chiefs: Arrowhead Pride

Colts: Fast Lane

Cowboys: America's Team

Dolphins: Remember '72

Eagles: Fly Eagles Fly

Falcons: Dirty Birds

49ers: Gold Rush

Giants: Big Blue

Jags: Earn Your Spots

Lions: Motor City

Packers: Titletown USA

Panthers: Cardiac Cats

Raiders: Commitment to Excellence

Rams: Spirit of St. Louis

Ravens: Nevermore

Redskins: Fight for Old DC

Saints: Who Dat

Seahawks: Birds of Prey

Steelers: Steel Curtain

Texans: Battle Flag

Titans: Music City

Vikings: Skol!

Fixed.

Great job on these first two, can't wait to see the rest.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Don't forget about textures, patterns, gradients, and half tones. a lot of that stuff really made for some excellent design on this years PC group

But don't be afraid to use shoulder #'s, which is what I would've done here. Nike managed to fix that on their template, as evidenced on Florida's PC unis this year.

Stay tuned...I got some ideas coming that I think y'all might like. Jay...Imma see what I can cook up for them Dirty Birds somewhere down the line.

In the interim, got three more for y'all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - Had several different ways I wanted to go with this one. Really, I wanted to try out the throwback mash-up set from this concept set, but at the same time, I'm insanely attached to the white helmet concept for the Saints...so it's a modified version of the one in the middle of that set that got pro-combatized here. Check 'em out:

NOsaints_PChome.png

NOsaints_PCaway.png

Somehow, I think bouncing gold off a black and white base makes for a pretty interesting look...what y'all think?

--------------------------------------------------------------

ST. LOUIS RAMS - One of my favorite teams to do a concept for, because it's so easy to do. Some of you might remember my most recent Rams concept, seen here. Well let's just say this Pro Combat cut was right up the Rams' alley (think of that city's landmark structure)...lovely how some things just work out sometimes. Check 'em out:

STLrams_PChome.png

STLrams_PCaway.png

Even the team motto worked nicely ino this set. This might be a new favorite of mine...

---------------------------------------------------------------

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - and then comes this team. I had some fun with this one here. Love the colors here...allows for plenty of visual interest. Of course the neon green showed up in this, just like my last Seahawks concept set. I also came up with a pretty neat idea for the helmets, as well. Several combos here...

SEAseahawks_PChome.png

SEAseahawks_PCaway.png

SEAseahawks_PChome2.png

SEAseahawks_PCaway2.png

And, of course...you all should have known this one was coming...the "Seahawk Shawker" set, pro-combatized:

SEAseahawks_PCalt.png

-------------------------------------------------------

That's what I got for right now. I get the feeling there will be more to follow. Holla back...

~Buc

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

They are all great. I love the font you used for the Saints numbers. I like the white helmets and more gold in the set as well. The Rams uniform looks great, especially with the old colors. That Seahawks helmet is sick. I love the bits of neon throughout the set and then BLAM! the Neon special. Looking good here. Nothing overdone.

Buc, your work as always is terrific. This template isn't. Everybody uses it for the Pro Combat stuff but viewers can't see pants stripe detail and there are so many shadows you can't see the sleeve detail either. So the looks, thumbs up (though I'm not sold on that FDL), template, thumbs down.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

These are amazing. 'Nuff said. I wasn't sure about the font you used for the Saints' numbers, but they go well with the logo you whipped up.

And the Chiefs phrase HAS to be "Sea of Red." Or "Loudest and Proudest." You decide. :D

Buc, your work as always is terrific. This template isn't. Everybody uses it for the Pro Combat stuff but viewers can't see pants stripe detail and there are so many shadows you can't see the sleeve detail either. So the looks, thumbs up (though I'm not sold on that FDL), template, thumbs down.

I couldn't agree more! This might be my least favorite template on the site, for all the reasons you gave.

Buc, if you're going for a more realistic look, take a look at andrewharrington's template here. It's 2D, but extremely well done and realistic. I'm currently using it for a little project I'm working on.

Oh, and by the way, your concepts are all very good. I like all of them, and my only two complaints are the kelly green on the Jets (I'm a big fan of their current shade) and the silver pants on the Pats.

Okay, just noticed the 'wings' of the Saints' FDL are crescents. Very nice, subtle but effective.

As others may know, New Orleans is nicknamed the Crescent City (because of the huge u-turn the Mississippi makes there) and that shape is used in logos around the city.

new_orleans_police_patch.jpg

P.S. The center of it looks like a sword pointing up, was that intentional?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

these are fantastic. i am in love with the jets one. i would sign up for those in a heartbeat. for years, i've been lamenting that the jets should find a way to:

1) give themselves a real and non-generic primary logo

2) be able to use their 1980s-90s jet plane logo in doing so

3) keep the foundation of their classic uniform elements (shoulder/sock stripe, no monochrome) while making it a touch more modern looking

4) lighten their green to match their original look

this concept does all four and does it to perfection. keep up the great work!

sig2024.png

I couldn't agree more! This might be my least favorite template on the site, for all the reasons you gave.

Buc, if you're going for a more realistic look, take a look at andrewharrington's template here. It's 2D, but extremely well done and realistic. I'm currently using it for a little project I'm working on.

Oh, and by the way, your concepts are all very good. I like all of them, and my only two complaints are the kelly green on the Jets (I'm a big fan of their current shade) and the silver pants on the Pats.

Yeah I kinda been thinking the same thing...but, this is the temp that Fraser made, so it's what I got to work with. ^_^ I don't fool around in Photoshop near enough, plus I'm a little Illustrator'd out, so this came at a good time for me. I've been thinking that I might go back and add a graphic that shows the side detail...and use that for future iterations, as well.

These are amazing. 'Nuff said. I wasn't sure about the font you used for the Saints' numbers, but they go well with the logo you whipped up.

And the Chiefs phrase HAS to be "Sea of Red." Or "Loudest and Proudest." You decide. :D

First, thanks for the idea for a team slogan (and to the other guy who provided that whole list--many thanks). Second, I got an idea coming for your Chiefs that I think you might like--and that might catch a few folks by surprise. Stay tuned.

Okay, just noticed the 'wings' of the Saints' FDL are crescents. Very nice, subtle but effective.

As others may know, New Orleans is nicknamed the Crescent City (because of the huge u-turn the Mississippi makes there) and that shape is used in logos around the city.

new_orleans_police_patch.jpg

P.S. The center of it looks like a sword pointing up, was that intentional?

I didn't say anything about that on purpose...was wondering how long it'd take you to catch that. ;) Probably didn't even catch the NOPD-influenced sleeve adornment, did you? Oh and to answer your question about the logo...the idea I had for tat fleur-de-lis came from studying the fence designs around New Orleans...it's a rendition of the top of a fence post and two crescents (which you caught), held together by a metal ring. (Better explanation given in here.)

Thanks to all who've commented thus far. Not sure when I'll have the next batch up...but I'm thinking I might go ol' school wit' it. Stay tuned...

Archived