Chicago Bulls Rebrand

razr32154

Hey guys, I've been a long time reader of the boards here, and I wanted to try my hand at creating a logo.

I know I picked a very difficult team to create a concept for because the current Bulls logo is perfect, and it should not be changed, but I decided I'd make an attempt to modernize it a tad.

I'm currently working on jerseys and an alternate logo.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

bulls-update-1copy.png

Warpaint?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

It's not bad, but I don't think it's much better than what they have now. Seems like a lateral move / change for the sake of change. I don't really see how this "modernizes" the existing logo.

That said, I like the fact that you didn't modify the bull's face too much, which is what a lot of the concepts posted here seem to do (they try to make the bull seem more abstract or realistic). So I like that. It's the best Bulls concept logo I've seen on this website, I'll say that.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

dont want to hijack, but i feel like the biggest issue with the bulls current logo is the eyes. also, the black lines that come from the back of the logo need to be thickened.

heres my Bulls concept. My link

I like that logo you made, its quite sharp. But, I know what you mean about the eyes. I tried a bunch of different eye shapes, but I went back to the normal eye shape because none of the other's seem to work.

Everyone focuses on modernizing the Bull logo. What about the wordmark? I'd love to see a Bulls concept with the current logo, but modernized fonts and marks.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The pinstripes on all three seemed kind of forced. I even think the idea of only Bulls pinstriped alternate unis was kind of a stretch, but the Bulls were able to pull it off because of Jordan. It's kind of hard to make him look bad in a uniform.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

My absolute hatred for the Bulls aside, I really like what you've done here. I agree with others that the pinstripes would probably work best on the black only, but the idea to have them on all three wasn't a bad one. The logo is great, it keeps the classic look while keeping up with the times, which is always a win to me. Great job!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

i think the logo still needs work. one of the best things about BB's version is the strong, bold outline. yours is close, but still a bit too thin. maybe try variying the stroke width in some places and eliminating the black line between the red and white on the horns. the eyebrow is too large and is drawing focus to that area because it looks "off" and unnatural. not to coppy BB, but i think the nose ring was a nice touch and allowed more white to be used providing a nice balance of color. maybe consider that.

the thing that bothers me most is the typography. i dont see the need for the two-tone letters, theres nothing in the logo or uniforms that reflect that. my biggest issue are the "C"s. i hate the diagonal cut. it makes the entire font look a bit childish or young. not strong professional sports team. the logo is well balanced and symmetrical; the typography just dosnt reflect that. contrast and rhythm (repeating visual elements or traits) is something you always fight against, you need a balance of both. i believ this needs more rhythm though. a font thats a bit more aggresive and not so rounded

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived