Broncos Planning to Switch to Orange Jerseys Full Time

number81

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bout damn time!

Now if they'd just swap out the navy for royal blue and change everything else to something perfect, they'd be perfect.

Corrected that for you.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm still not quite sure why the NFL requires an extra year of notice. You'd think that if the Broncos notified the league in December 2010, they could make the switch happen in time for 2011 season, especially if the plan is to switch the current alternate to the full time home jersey. Maybe they'll come up with a whole new design in partnership with Nike once again.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm still not quite sure why the NFL requires an extra year of notice. You'd think that if the Broncos notified the league in December 2010, they could make the switch happen in time for 2011 season, especially if the plan is to switch the current alternate to the full time home jersey. Maybe they'll come up with a whole new design in partnership with Nike once again.

It takes a long time to change all of the league-produced marketing materials, as well as approve the designs, and deal with the merchandisers, so they need as much heads up as possible. That being said, simply switching primary/alt designations shouldn't be this big of a deal - not sure how much lead time the Falcons gave when they switched the black for red. I'd wager that they're doing a total redesign.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Good point. I'm thinking it could be more of a drastic change in including uniform, logo, and color. The reason is the Atlanta Falcons, a couple of years after they changed to their current uniforms, informed the league just at the beginning a the year they were switching their primary jersey color from the black to their alterate jerseys of red. Not much notice was needed for that simple change.

It takes a long time to change all of the league-produced marketing materials, as well as approve the designs, and deal with the merchandisers, so they need as much heads up as possible. That being said, simply switching primary/alt designations shouldn't be this big of a deal - not sure how much lead time the Falcons gave when they switched the black for red. I'd wager that they're doing a total redesign.

I'd wager that you are correct. The lead time would make sense for a total redesign.

Ridiculous. Should never have to wait more than 6 months to switch. This 1+ year wait thing kills ingenuity, freshness. With increased speed of technology, this is just embarrassing for the NFL.

Ridiculous. Should never have to wait more than 6 months to switch. This 1+ year wait thing kills ingenuity, freshness. With increased speed of technology, this is just embarrassing for the NFL.

It's not about technology. It's about what do you do with next year's merchandise? They don't want to be stuck with a bunch of blank Bronco jerseys or something. This way then can plan and time demand with what's already in inventories and not get stuck with a bunch of worthless blank bronco jerseys. It's about money, not technology.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

2012 is the first year of the Nike takeover, right? If it is, then the total redesign is a very real possibility. I have a feeling though, that if it is a redesign, since it will be Nike's first year they are going to make the Broncos their love child of the NFL (Kind of like Oregon in college football). Why not completely redesign a team and debut it in your first year so you can say "Hey! We're Nike, look at what we can do!"

jNTsTyQ.png

Totally forgot about the Nike takeover. It wouldn't make sense to redesign one year prior.

Just brainstorming from what TtoC said...

If the Broncos are Nike's love child, will the Broncos be the first team with traditional helmet stripes that don't go all the way to the back (a la Arizona and Virginia Tech)? Will they wear sleeve stripes on combat shirts like Oregon State? Will the twill numbers have some patterned design, maybe of the Rocky Mountains?

BTW, these questions are very rhetorical and mostly food for thought...If I had the software and any sense of artistry, I'd do a concept.

Bout damn time!

Now if they'd just swap out the navy for royal blue and change everything else to something perfect, they'd be perfect.

Corrected that for you.

I'll grant you that on its own the Broncos template isn't too special, but it's easily the most significant football uniform designed in the past two decades. Most non-uni geeks I know still refer to side panels as "Bronco stripes." I'd hate to see them go away from something that's such a huge part of their legacy.

It's not about technology. It's about what do you do with next year's merchandise? They don't want to be stuck with a bunch of blank Bronco jerseys or something. This way then can plan and time demand with what's already in inventories and not get stuck with a bunch of worthless blank bronco jerseys. It's about money, not technology.

I don't quite buy this argument since college teams change all the time, sometimes months prior to the season. They have just as much to lose in old merchandise. You could be correct but I'm just not sure that's the real reason.

I don't quite buy this argument since college teams change all the time, sometimes months prior to the season. They have just as much to lose in old merchandise. You could be correct but I'm just not sure that's the real reason.

Well they wouldn't let (I think it was) Javon Walker change his number without him buying however many thousands of dollars worth of his own jersey back...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived