Broncos Planning to Switch to Orange Jerseys Full Time

number81

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bump the royal...how 'bout a nice pastel blue?

(Or they could shock us all, completely flip the script...and come out in sepia and saffron. But we all know that ain't happenin'...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Damn! They announce this the day AFTER I buy an authentic Blue Tebow jersey!

So it's still returnable

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

My main problem with the Orange Crush era unis is that there was hardly any orange in the road set. Blue helmet, white jerseys with blue numerals, and white pants. Orange was only a trim color. I know the Broncos wore orange pants on the road at times in the 60s and early 70s, but they never wore them during the Elway years. If Denver is going to emphasize orange again, they need to be more consistent.

My main problem with the Orange Crush era unis is that there was hardly any orange in the road set. Blue helmet, white jerseys with blue numerals, and white pants. Orange was only a trim color. I know the Broncos wore orange pants on the road at times in the 60s and early 70s, but they never wore them during the Elway years. If Denver is going to emphasize orange again, they need to be more consistent.

I agree with this and it's one of the main reasons I don't want Denver to simply switch to the current orange alts as the home uniforms. At home they'd be primarily orange, but on the road become a primarily navy team. Also why I hate the Giants' away uniforms.

So like I was saying...sepia and saffron???

bronco1.jpgbronco2.jpg

bronco3.jpg

(Almost anything is possible in my world of Photoshop Phantasies...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Personally, I think the Red-Orange (Burnt Orange) from the 1965 through 1976 seasons would be a nice color to utilize moving forward. It would be unique in the league, and would also be a nod to the past.

I totally agree! And pair it with a very deep royal blue, which looks fantastic:

GilchristDenverColor600w.jpg1966Broncos.jpg

At the risk of living in the past, I have to say that this was the greatest Bronco set ever. The sleeve inserts are bold and unique, the sans-serif numbers stood out (at the time) from the endless parade of standard block fonts, and there was a wonderful balance between the colors (love how the royal blue sleeve inserts match the socks on the home set and the red-orange sleeve inserts match the helmet on the road set). I think the main objection to this set is the cartoonish logo, but I always kind of liked it. This set was vastly superior to what followed...

1968_10_27_TensiS-1.jpg1969_11_27_TensiS.jpg

Even as a major Bronco fan my entire life, the next generation of unis always left me cold. I didn't like the royal helmet with the orange jersey, and I never liked the original striping patterns on the home jerseys OR the pants (this was alleviated somewhat when they went to blue-orange-blue on the pants in the mid-80s), although I found the road set with orange pants much more tolerable. And though many folks find it iconic, I never liked the "D" logo that much, as it was very hard to tell what was inside the D until you saw it very close up.

The plain royal socks were always the best choice for this design, but in the early 70s the Broncos started experimenting with a number of different striping patterns which mucked things up. They eventually went to orange socks with stripes to match those on the sleeves, but when they changed the sleeve stripes to a simpler pattern in the 90s, they kept the old pattern on the socks, which just looked stupid, IMHO.

I admit to having mixed feelings about the current set. When they first came out I thought they were bold and exciting, but I never liked the "swoosh" treatment. Like most fans, I associate them with the two Super Bowl victories, but the Josh McDaniels period just about killed that memory (my theory is that he is actually a double-agent still in the employ of the Patriots and sent to set the Broncs back five years). Anwyay, this design could easily be "de-Nikefied" by turning all the swooshes into thick, regular stripes. Of course, now that Nike has the contract again, there is no incentive to de-Nikefy.

To sum up: I'm excited to see that the Broncos will go back to orange jerseys, and I'm curious as to if it will be major overhaul or not. Please forgive the length of this post, but this is obviously my favorite topic!

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

1966Broncos.jpg

I agree that these were the best uniforms the Broncos have had (even with the wierd horse logo). I would fully support new uniforms based on these.

Something based off of those with a blue helmet and the current numbers I wouldn't mind.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived