Broncos Planning to Switch to Orange Jerseys Full Time

number81

Uhh, no.

That idea ran out of relevence about 1981 and was mercifully put out of its misery in 1997.

See, this is why nobody has any apprehension tearing your posts apart. Take a look at your post yesterday how "opinions can't be wrong" or whatever nonsense you wrote. Not only do the majority of people here disagree with your opinions, but you post in such absolutes. No, the previous classic Broncos look didn't "run out of relevance" in 1981, but the ultra "kewl" crap the Broncos debuted in 1997 already looks very dated, and the Broncos are looking to redo their look despite winning two Super Bowls in these unis.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with this and it's one of the main reasons I don't want Denver to simply switch to the current orange alts as the home uniforms. At home they'd be primarily orange, but on the road become a primarily navy team. Also why I hate the Giants' away uniforms.

Well, that problem could be solved by adding orange pants with a navy stripe to be paired with the white jerseys. However, we know that would lead to orange monochromes, so it should never happen. I think swapping the navy and orange on the numbers would do the trick.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

1966Broncos.jpg

I agree that these were the best uniforms the Broncos have had (even with the wierd horse logo). I would fully support new uniforms based on these.

Something based off of those with a blue helmet and the current numbers I wouldn't mind.

I came up with this a while ago:

bronco-jersey-home.png

I'm not too fond of several things on it though. I think I might be revisiting this one.

spacer.png

From watching the NFL Network's "America's Team" on the 1997 Broncos, the players couldn't stand the old "Orange Crush" unis and couldn't wait to usher in something new and modern. Now, there's been countless debates on this board about why players should have zero say-so in uniform changes and designs, but the fact that the players of that era couldn't stand those unis should speak for something.

That athletes have awful taste and should never be the driving force behind design.

The athletes are the ones wearing the uniforms. They should be able to do whatever they want.

People around here think you are more important just because you "have" to look at it.

Look at real life examples. Do you see the crap celebrities are wearing nowadays? just because Lady Gaga wants to wear a hat made of meat, that doesn't have any effect on my life, so why let it bother me?

So like I was saying...sepia and saffron???

bronco1.jpgbronco2.jpg

bronco3.jpg

(Almost anything is possible in my world of Photoshop Phantasies...)

Great work, but doesn't/didn't the Wyoming Cowboys have a nearly identical get-up?

6uXNWAo.png

I've said it on "The People's Denver Broncos Concept" (or whatever it's called) thread, and I'll say it here again--the Denver Broncos look most identifiable when they wear white pants only. Many concepts I've seen here on these boards that have royal blue and orange pants look too close to the Boise State Broncos, while the all-navy look (even if it was indeed originally proposed in 1997) seems far too Arena League-ish or otherwise un-NFL-ish/un-Bronco-ish (even in this day and age).

If there's a pair of non-white pants that the Broncos can use (maybe blue with the orange uniforms, so their look would be blue/orange/blue) that doesn't make the Denver Broncos look like the Boise State Broncos, I'd like to see it, but so far I haven't.

That said, I like the Broncos going back to the orange full-time; no other team currently wears it as the primary color, and outside of Tampa Bay or Cincinatti (possibly), no other team should. If they do make major changes to their look (new number font, uniform design, logo, etc.), then a good updated traditional look or traditional/modern hybrid would look great.

From watching the NFL Network's "America's Team" on the 1997 Broncos, the players couldn't stand the old "Orange Crush" unis and couldn't wait to usher in something new and modern. Now, there's been countless debates on this board about why players should have zero say-so in uniform changes and designs, but the fact that the players of that era couldn't stand those unis should speak for something.

That athletes have awful taste and should never be the driving force behind design.

The athletes are the ones wearing the uniforms. They should be able to do whatever they want.

People around here think you are more important just because you "have" to look at it.

Look at real life examples. Do you see the crap celebrities are wearing nowadays? just because Lady Gaga wants to wear a hat made of meat, that doesn't have any effect on my life, so why let it bother me?

Well, we are the ones who buy the merchandise, and since professional sports exists solely to make money, I'd say that the customer's opinions count a million times more than the players. If the team wants a certain image to market themselves by, then they're going to change their uniforms to be in-line with that, regardless of what the players want. Of course, they could (and teams have) let the players have a lot of input, but ultimately, in professional sports, the athlete's opinions are irrelevant. High school? Whole different story.

As for your celebrity comment, they wear these things not necessarily because they want to, but because they want to get their names in people's mouths and on TV more. It's about publicity. It couldn't be a less relevant comparison. In professional sports, the players "model" the product that fans buy. In the music world, the artists are the product, and they wear the outfits to bring attention to the product.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

(Almost anything is possible in my world of Photoshop Phantasies...)

Great work, but doesn't/didn't the Wyoming Cowboys have a nearly identical get-up?

Yeah but it's not like anyone would notice. No one pays any attention to Wyoming.

BB52Big.jpg

1966Broncos.jpg

I agree that these were the best uniforms the Broncos have had (even with the wierd horse logo). I would fully support new uniforms based on these.

Throw the current horse logo on there, update the numbers, and you're laughing.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Ok the sepia and saffron is a WIN. Also something i just noticed is the broncos white pants, on the fatheads tebow and moreno are both wearing white pants but they are different. Tebows pants have just the stripe and morenos have a stripe with piping on the outside. So i looked at the broncos page and saw i was correct and they have two different sets of white pants, one with piping (road) and one without (home). Has anyone else noticed this or am i just a moron for just now seeing it.

okay i am an idiot the home pants have a orange stripe and the road have a blue stripe. but it is kinda dumb to have 2 pairs of white pants right

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Frankly, I don't think the blue and orange is working for the Broncos anymore. Everyone complains about the current uniforms but if they went traditional, they would look too similar to the Bears. I would love to see them bring back the brown and yellow color scheme, as it would be distinctive in the NFL and pro sports as a whole.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Ok the sepia and saffron is a WIN. Also something i just noticed is the broncos white pants, on the fatheads tebow and moreno are both wearing white pants but they are different. Tebows pants have just the stripe and morenos have a stripe with piping on the outside. So i looked at the broncos page and saw i was correct and they have two different sets of white pants, one with piping (road) and one without (home). Has anyone else noticed this or am i just a moron for just now seeing it.

okay i am an idiot the home pants have a orange stripe and the road have a blue stripe. but it is kinda dumb to have 2 pairs of white pants right

Considering the alternative is to either have mismatching stripes or go monochrome every time they wear blue, I don't think it's dumb at all. How bad would it look to wear the blue jerseys with the orange swoosh on them matched up with the white pants with the blue swoosh?

IUe6Hvh.png

bronco1.jpg

I really like this re-color, but you realize it would only result in thread after thread of "A team called the Browns wears orange and the Broncos, who used to wear orange, now wear brown. Cleveland and Denver should swap names."

Well shoot, considering Denver's track record of importing former Browns onto their team, I suppose that would fit them just fine. :)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I like Buc's photoshop with the brown and yellow, but let's be honest...it's never coming back full time as long as Pat Bowlen owns the franchise. Blue and orange will be around for a long, long time in these parts.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived