The Wisconsin-Nebraska solution

mcrosby

It's simple, here's what I'd do.

Wisconsin-the red is actually cardinal

-shoulder yoke on the away

-new number/name font to match wordmark

-removal of black (I refuse to differentiate Nebraska and Wisconsin by adding black to Wisconsin's unis. I just won't do it.)

-no red pants, dumb*** Bielema will go back to the blood clot look if given that option.

-red socks...not sure why the badgers use black socks now-half socks at that.

-Wisconsin wordmark on the chest on both home and away.

WisconsinUnis.png

Nebraska-pant stripe now single stripe to match helmet

-jersey stripes removed for simplicity's sake, single stripe reflected in collar/sleeve hems

-retro font for uniqueness

-red pants, of course

nebraskabig10.png

If Navy vs. Notre Dame has not an issue for decades, why make it an issue with these two schools? The officials were seeing the game in color in the era of B/W television. Nothing has changed, so why change now.

Because they will be regularly playing eachother in the same conference. I know navy and notre dame play alot(I don't know if it's every year) and there's notable differences between navy and notre dames uniforms, especially with the uni navy sported vs San Diego state. It would just be weird if two teams in a defined conference would have nearly the exact same uniforms. Now on the concept. I'm not a fan of the shoulder yokes or the changed fonts on both. But if one font had to change wisconsins works. Adding small amounts of black is fine for the badgers as well. Besides the number font and helmet logo I'd say you're almost perfect with Nebraska.

maehl.png

As someone who has grown up as a Wisconsin and Nebraska fan (my dad's from Nebraska and I live in Wisconsin), I hate to see either team change. Those numbers on the Nebraska jersey just seem too different from what Nebraska's had for years. (They remind me of Kansas' basketball jersey numbers from a few years back.) The Wisconsin aways looks nice that you have here. I think they could work. I think if either team must change change, it should be Wisconsin since they have changed their look more often than Nebraska whose look has been consistent for years and years, although some might argue that it's Nebraska changing conferences so they should be the one's to change.

Also, won't they be in different divisions within the BigTen. One in the Legends and the others in the Leaders division, so they won't play every year.

I like Wisconsin all except the shoulder yoke.

Nebraska, don't like the choice of the academic N on the helmet. If you want to make a switch there go with the athletic N, which is just the solid red block N. Other than that it looks pretty nice, would like to see a white belt in the red pants like the 80's teams did. Regarding the number font, this is similar to what they had back in the early 60's so I don't have a problem with it, although I don't think too many people in Nebraska were fans.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

For Wisconsin, I like dropping the black drop shadow. The thicker sleeve stripes are actually more "Nebraska-ish" than the current thin ones.

For Nebraska, I know concepts are fun, but in terms of "realistic" I think they once talked about chaning the "N" on the helmet and all hell broke loose. That's not changing.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

If Navy vs. Notre Dame has not an issue for decades, why make it an issue with these two schools? The officials were seeing the game in color in the era of B/W television. Nothing has changed, so why change now.

Because they will be regularly playing eachother in the same conference. I know navy and notre dame play alot(I don't know if it's every year) and there's notable differences between navy and notre dames uniforms, especially with the uni navy sported vs San Diego state. It would just be weird if two teams in a defined conference would have nearly the exact same uniforms. Now on the concept. I'm not a fan of the shoulder yokes or the changed fonts on both. But if one font had to change wisconsins works. Adding small amounts of black is fine for the badgers as well. Besides the number font and helmet logo I'd say you're almost perfect with Nebraska.

Navy and Notre Dame play every year. Both teams wear the usual uniforms. It's a rivalry that has been going on longer than most of these conferences were around and they have found a way to make it work. It's simple:

One team (usually home) wears a blue jersey

the other (usually the away) wears a white one.

Remarkably simple actually...

Point being there is no problem. If you want to make a Wisconsin or Nebraska concept, more power to you. But you don't need to drastically change solid uniforms in order to address a non existent problem.

I agree^^, besides Nebraska has made their sleeve stripes different enough to where you can tell the difference between the two teams. But I get the reasoning behind the concept and I like your point of wanting the teams to be unique, I'm a huge fan of teams trying to separate themselves from everyone else.

As far as the concept goes, I like what you did for Wisconsin, but Nebraska's red almost looks too bright, and that N logo just looks strange on a football uniform, I think you should just stick to the plain block N or the one they use for their primary logo.

is that wisconsin away jersey legal?

Pretty sure it is, you being an SEC fan I would think you have seen these before, but then again you are a Tennessee fan... :P

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Hmmm...not bad, not bad. I agree with bigmike that the red looks a tad too bright for the Huskers. The only other change I would make to Nebraska would be to make the helmet logo just their primary block N, I believe the logo you have there is used more as a university logo and such. It is a little too simple for my tastes, but if they were to switch to that you wouldn't hear any complaints from me.

And on Wisconsin, I actually love the shoulder yoke for the road unis. I think that looks fantastic.

All in all I think you did a great job here!

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I like making Nebraska more streamline with just 1 stripe on the pants, helmet, and shirts... however, I don't think think that is the right N for them. They should either keep the N they have now, or switch to the block N. I also wouldn't mind seeing Nebraska move to a more cream shade of white... just to set it a bit more apart.

As for Wisconsin... I don't really like the shoulders. I'm all for keeping 2 stripes throughout the Badgers uniform, but I think the addition of black would really make the uniform look better and set it apart from Nebraska's.

None-the-less... I think it is an improvement.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Your Nebraska revision is great.

I heard a comment a while back that I really liked for NU-Wisc games. Seeing that we both call ourselves "Big Red" as a nickname, what about making the Nebraska-Wisconsin game "Battle of the Big Reds?" The winner of the last game would get to wear red uniforms for the next matchup, regardless of home or away.

Also, while I know that most Nebraska fans HATE the all-red look, I think that for a new sort of rivalry with Wisconsin, this could work. Both teams could agree to ONLY wear the all-red look for that game specifically. For the very first matchup, they could just flip a coin to determine who got the "reds."

I think it would be just as good if not better than any Big Ten Trophy (ie, Paul Bunyan's Axe, etc). Not only is it a "trophy," but it's something tangible that players get to participate in during the game. Welcome to the new Big Ten, Badgers and Huskers; you've got to EARN your RED in this conference.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

-removal of black (I refuse to differentiate Nebraska and Wisconsin by adding black to Wisconsin's unis. I just won't do it.)

-no red pants, dumb*** Bielema will go back to the blood clot look if given that option.

WisconsinUnis.png

-jersey stripes removed for simplicity's sake, single stripe reflected in collar/sleeve hems

-red pants, of course

nebraskabig10.png

NICE

I was thinking the same thing and in the middle of making a Wisconsin Concept.

I happen to be using the same Number Font, but with the Black Shadow like the "W" Logo.

Mine will also have RED Helmets with the White Version of the "W" Logo. When I'm finished, I'll post them on this thread.

George Ashburn - My Website

yuku-sp-me-roll.gifyuku-jd-shake.gif

• 3 weeks later...

WisconsinUnis.png

-red pants, of course

nebraskabig10.png

NICE

I was thinking the same thing and in the middle of making a Wisconsin Concept.

I happen to be using the same Number Font, but with the Black Shadow like the "W" Logo.

Mine will also have RED Helmets with the White Version of the "W" Logo. When I'm finished, I'll post them on this thread.

Here is my version which I finished a couple of days ago

wis-ftbl-uni-design.gif

George Ashburn - My Website

yuku-sp-me-roll.gifyuku-jd-shake.gif

Archived