New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

I'm so shocked many of you are even on the fence about these. This is absolutely atrocious...my goodness. It's not even close to being a solid identity. How many Crayola "M" logos can they fit into one uniform? I'll wait for the official unveiling to pass more horrible judgement...

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fishheatcats,

Get over it and move on with your life.

Sincerely,

The Chris Creamer Sports Logos Community

No.

Sincerely,

The guy who's baseball team has been murdered.

Seriously, people would put up with Yankees or Cubs fans throwing a fit if Loria pulled this kind of crap with those teams. When one of the few sources of joy and pride you have is destroyed, I think one has the right to bitch. I apologize if that bothers anyone here. And if one of you're hometown teams and a piece of your childhood is made a joke of, I won't be telling you to "shut up and get over it".

In a few hours baseball dies to me, so you won't have to hear me talk about it here anymore.

Cheers.

If baseball dies to you because a team changed it's uniforms, then you weren't a real fan to begin with.

2IA3b.png

From what I've seen, these uniforms only really need a few tweaks: even out the fonts, put an orange bill on the orange alt cap, and maybe move the fish to the "M" on the Marlins script. I'd rate it a solid B, not fantastic, but certainly interesting and colorful. In 15 years, I could see a "bring back the art deco" fan minority appearing (if the Marlins change them).

Fishheatcats,

Get over it and move on with your life.

Sincerely,

The Chris Creamer Sports Logos Community

No.

Sincerely,

The guy who's baseball team has been murdered.

Seriously, people would put up with Yankees or Cubs fans throwing a fit if Loria pulled this kind of crap with those teams. When one of the few sources of joy and pride you have is destroyed, I think one has the right to bitch. I apologize if that bothers anyone here. And if one of you're hometown teams and a piece of your childhood is made a joke of, I won't be telling you to "shut up and get over it".

In a few hours baseball dies to me, so you won't have to hear me talk about it here anymore.

Cheers.

Dude, you're way overeating. It sucks you got fired for that (though, as soon as you posted that on MB I said to you that you had made a huge mistake) but you need to let up. You sound like a scorned lover.

I'm so shocked many of you are even on the fence about these. This is absolutely atrocious...my goodness. It's not even close to being a solid identity. How many Crayola "M" logos can they fit into one uniform? I'll wait for the official unveiling to pass more horrible judgement...

Who would have thought people have their own opinions. I actually like them.

2IA3b.png

Who would have thought people have their own opinions. I actually like them.

My statement was meant solely based on the history of many member's opinions in the past...please spare me the "we're entitled to love them!" card...

Do you think these uniforms will stand 10 years from now?

Depends on Loria. If he's still around then yeah. If he sales (not saying he will) within a few years, then it's a new enough look that a new owner may want to put their own stamp on it. If they go at least 6 or 7 years, then it could have a good shot at staying. Though that wasn't the case for the Blue Jays, but they had already had their ideal look before. The Marlins had a great look, but since it was "Florida", chances are they wouldn't go back to it. Maybe the colors themselves, but not the logo set.

Totally expected poll results from one of the the local papers. Since it was put up last night it's gotten 1364 votes, 1128 or 83% of which voted "God-awful! This is way over the top!".

Sure the new design represents Miami... the tacky, touristy, Crockett and Tubbs Miami.

They've already distanced themselves both figuratively and literally from the fans in Broward and Palm Beach Counties(which together have a larger population and historically higher season ticket sales than Miami-Dade), and the new identity will further hurt support in the northern counties.

The local reaction to the "leaks" in South Florida has been clear, overwhelmingly negative. We'll never develop the strong fanbase I know we have the potential to become if we keep getting kicked in the stomach every time things seem to be moving in the right direction. As usual, it's one step forward, five steps back for the Fish.

Thankfully the ballpark deal came with a 30 year agreement with the Marlins and MLB to keep the team in South Florida, so eventually when Loria sells the team or dies, this crap can go with him. There is already a spot reserved for the Miami Marlins alongside the Gorton's Fisherman and the Buffaslug on the Island of Misfit Mascots.

Ouch. Never good when the vast majority of your paying public hates your product. Something tells me Miami Marlins merch sales are going to blow.

People who answer an online poll are not the vast majority of the paying public.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I like it! Way more interesting than the 2003-11 wannabe White Sox/Rockies.

Can't wait to see this orange cap - first/only team to wear one since Houston, right?

(Not counting O's orange paneled black cap)

I'd definitely buy one if they weren't a division rival.

I'm excited to see the whole package - I see the cap M on the sleeve - is this the primary? When it was leaked, I remember Loria saying it wasn't...

And of course I'll be way less excited about this if/when the Marlins sign Jose Reyes :cry:

Totally expected poll results from one of the the local papers. Since it was put up last night it's gotten 1364 votes, 1128 or 83% of which voted "God-awful! This is way over the top!".

Sure the new design represents Miami... the tacky, touristy, Crockett and Tubbs Miami.

They've already distanced themselves both figuratively and literally from the fans in Broward and Palm Beach Counties(which together have a larger population and historically higher season ticket sales than Miami-Dade), and the new identity will further hurt support in the northern counties.

The local reaction to the "leaks" in South Florida has been clear, overwhelmingly negative. We'll never develop the strong fanbase I know we have the potential to become if we keep getting kicked in the stomach every time things seem to be moving in the right direction. As usual, it's one step forward, five steps back for the Fish.

Thankfully the ballpark deal came with a 30 year agreement with the Marlins and MLB to keep the team in South Florida, so eventually when Loria sells the team or dies, this crap can go with him. There is already a spot reserved for the Miami Marlins alongside the Gorton's Fisherman and the Buffaslug on the Island of Misfit Mascots.

Ouch. Never good when the vast majority of your paying public hates your product. Something tells me Miami Marlins merch sales are going to blow.

People who answer an online poll are not the vast majority of the paying public.

No but those are probably the two guys who buy into it as long as it coincides with their own personal beliefs.

One thing I was actually liking about the wordmarks was the spacing between the letters. Not having an outline that touched just gave it a bit more of that deco feel. Seeing it with the outline and the letters much closer gives it minor leagueish kind of feel. So does the highlighting. Simply mimicing the outlining from the M would help.

Not sure who that is in the orange jersey, but the logo looks way too big on his cap. It looked better when it was a little smaller.

I like the bigger logo on the cap. I don't want it to be huge, like some fashion caps, but tiny logos on hats are just not my cup of tea.

No but those are probably the two guys who buy into it as long as it coincides with their own personal beliefs.

Agreed.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Yeah dude, I'm sorry that the new uniforms don't capture the essence of Sawgrass Mills the way the White Sox ripoffs did.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

One thing I was actually liking about the wordmarks was the spacing between the letters. Not having an outline that touched just gave it a bit more of that deco feel. Seeing it with the outline and the letters much closer gives it minor leagueish kind of feel. So does the highlighting. Simply mimicing the outlining from the M would help.

Not sure who that is in the orange jersey, but the logo looks way too big on his cap. It looked better when it was a little smaller.

I like the bigger logo on the cap. I don't want it to be huge, like some fashion caps, but tiny logos on hats are just not my cup of tea.

I'm not saying tiny like say the Tigers, but it's a rather colorful logo and a large one just seems to "in your face". The coloring works great when it's about medium size, like say the same sizing as the Yankees NY. Not too big, but not too small either.

If you go back and look at the "leaked" caps from the Buffalo store, it looks a little smaller than the ones on the players here. But it's not really small either. It's like the ideal size.

Archived