LA Rams replica jersey

Slater

Been looking for a decent Rams jersey in their old colors. This one seems fairly well done (except that I think the older jerseys had the heat-pressed numbers and not stitched-on ones). Manufacturers seem to have a problem getting the sleeve horns in the correct shape/thickness on these jerseys, and I've seen some really atrocious attempts. I know it's hard to tell from a picture, but do these horns look fairly close?:

http://www.fansedge.com/Kevin-Greene-LA-Rams-Blue-NFL-Premier-Throwback-Jersey-_2083784597_PD.html

if its that much, why not go to NFL.com? I mean, those jerseys are legit, and the REPLICA is $75 and the premier (Jackson only) is $110. Maybe I'm missing something...

You linked a youth jersey, regular one costs a bit more. Also, you cannot customize an NFL jersey with a past players name/number. I tried GREENE 91 on a standard Rams road custom jersey and it wasn't allowed.

The number font was one of the things that "made" that jersey (for better or worse depending on personal opinion.) A replica with the wrong font would be worthless in my opinion. YMMV.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think the "ram stripes" look like they come down too far under the arms and that they're too thin. They don't look "right" at all to me. If memory serves, all of the numbers on those jerseys were heat pressed/screen printed (not sure which.) BBTV already covered the problem with the number font.

RackMultipart.13082.0_display_image.jpg?1260664307t_28988_01.jpg

As for whether or not you should buy it... The average fan on the street probably won't notice the "problems" with that jersey but to the folks around here it's pretty obvious it's knock-off. Odds are that you don't hang around with uniform geeks like us every day so don't sweat it. If you like it buy it I guess. :D

BB52Big.jpg

if its that much, why not go to NFL.com? I mean, those jerseys are legit, and the REPLICA is $75 and the premier (Jackson only) is $110. Maybe I'm missing something...

You linked a youth jersey, regular one costs a bit more. Also, you cannot customize an NFL jersey with a past players name/number. I tried GREENE 91 on a standard Rams road custom jersey and it wasn't allowed.

gotcha. thats kind of silly by the NFL. anyways, whenever i get a jersey I get it from NFLshop.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Anyone know if the throwbacks the Rams use nowadays are identical to these old jerseys or do they differ in detail?

I'm pretty sure the cut has been modified in order to fit the horn onto the sleeves of the players. As for the actual replicas, Reebok ramped up the horn/stripe size and screened it onto a special shoulder panel and then the sleeve. Going off of my old starter replica Ike jersey (albeit a roadie), the horn was just screened onto the sleeve.

Not sure if this helps or hurts.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

gotcha. thats kind of silly by the NFL.

Nothing silly about it - the NFL shop only has licensing contracts with active players. They don't have a mechanism for sharing the revenue from your custom jersey with Kevin Greene, so they can't sell it.

Anyone know if the throwbacks the Rams use nowadays are identical to these old jerseys or do they differ in detail?

I'm pretty sure the cut has been modified in order to fit the horn onto the sleeves of the players. As for the actual replicas, Reebok ramped up the horn/stripe size and screened it onto a special shoulder panel and then the sleeve. Going off of my old starter replica Ike jersey (albeit a roadie), the horn was just screened onto the sleeve.

Not sure if this helps or hurts.

Sounds good. A friend of mine had a replica Jim Everett (#11) jersey that he bought back in the early 1990's or so. Part of the horn that fits on the sleeve itself was a separate sewn-on panel. Actualy looked pretty sharp but I would imagine more expensive than screening.

Archived