2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so Georgia Bulldogs recruit John Jenkins has found all of the UGA mock ups from these boards, and believes they are the real thing.

His profile picture is the black UGA concept with the white helmet and silver pants, and his other pic on his profile page is the horrendous one with the two tone facemask.

because of this, ajc.com UGA blogger has freaked out over it, which is a mistake, because now all of the dumb UGA fans are buying it.

fun times.

Heres a better pic of the OSU camo helmet.

TJRXYYPKGRCXLOR.20110331140711.jpg

Heres an article on it.

COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio State Buckeyes will sport custom-painted helmets honoring the American military as part of the 2011 Spring Football Game tribute to America's finest on Saturday, April 23, at Ohio Stadium. That day will feature tributes to the 75th anniversary of Jesse Owens' Olympic performance in Berlin, as well as recognition of servicemen and women and Buckeye All-Americans.

The distinctive football helmets are painted in a silver, gray and black camouflage pattern registered and designed specifically for Ohio State. Each helmet will feature an American flag decal on the front and a Jesse Owens commemorative decal on the back.

Ohio State players will be wearing the specially commissioned helmets throughout their 2011 spring practices. Following the Spring Game, all but 25 helmets will be sent away to be repainted in the traditional Buckeye silver.

Each of the 25 remaining "camo" helmets will be individually numbered, autographed by Ohio State head football coach Jim Tressel and then sold, with the sale benefiting the Ohio National Guard Family Readiness and Warrior Support Program, LiFE (Learning in Fitness & Education) through Sports Program and the Ruth and Jesse Owens Scholars Fund.

These helmets will be sold off-line on a first-come, first-served basis for $1,000.00/helmet (limit one per an individual). Each helmet will come with a special Certificate of Authenticity, which will include the purchaser's name, helmet number and OSUDA signature authenticating the item of purchase. The helmet sale will begin with the start of spring practice on Thursday, March 31, 2011. To purchase one of these limited edition helmets please call Jeff Brown at 614/688-0101.

The fourth annual lacrosse Showdown in the Shoe, which features the No. 17/19-ranked Ohio State men's lacrosse team taking on Fairfield, precedes the football spring game, with the ECAC Lacrosse League contest beginning at 11 a.m. The Showdown in the Shoe has set NCAA men's lacrosse regular-season and on-campus attendance records each of its first three seasons, reaching 31,078 at the 2010 event.

Heres an article on it.

COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio State Buckeyes will sport custom-painted helmets honoring the American military as part of the 2011 Spring Football Game tribute to America's finest on Saturday, April 23, at Ohio Stadium. That day will feature tributes to the 75th anniversary of Jesse Owens' Olympic performance in Berlin, as well as recognition of servicemen and women and Buckeye All-Americans.

The distinctive football helmets are painted in a silver, gray and black camouflage pattern registered and designed specifically for Ohio State. Each helmet will feature an American flag decal on the front and a Jesse Owens commemorative decal on the back.

Ohio State players will be wearing the specially commissioned helmets throughout their 2011 spring practices. Following the Spring Game, all but 25 helmets will be sent away to be repainted in the traditional Buckeye silver.

Each of the 25 remaining "camo" helmets will be individually numbered, autographed by Ohio State head football coach Jim Tressel and then sold, with the sale benefiting the Ohio National Guard Family Readiness and Warrior Support Program, LiFE (Learning in Fitness & Education) through Sports Program and the Ruth and Jesse Owens Scholars Fund.

These helmets will be sold off-line on a first-come, first-served basis for $1,000.00/helmet (limit one per an individual). Each helmet will come with a special Certificate of Authenticity, which will include the purchaser's name, helmet number and OSUDA signature authenticating the item of purchase. The helmet sale will begin with the start of spring practice on Thursday, March 31, 2011. To purchase one of these limited edition helmets please call Jeff Brown at 614/688-0101.

The fourth annual lacrosse Showdown in the Shoe, which features the No. 17/19-ranked Ohio State men's lacrosse team taking on Fairfield, precedes the football spring game, with the ECAC Lacrosse League contest beginning at 11 a.m. The Showdown in the Shoe has set NCAA men's lacrosse regular-season and on-campus attendance records each of its first three seasons, reaching 31,078 at the 2010 event.

looks like bird poop.

I guess that's fitting. ^_^

Heres an article on it.

looks like bird poop.

hey nothing says tribute or honoring the military better than playing dress up in camo

Can you post the pictures of Kansas' blue and white jerseys?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'm thinking the red stripe on the helmet might not be accurate as another pic of an actual helmet on the site doesn't have it back on. I'm hoping it is though as I think without the stripe the helmet looks a little too plain.

Home and Away

ejinhg.png

Crimson

o734nc.png

Throwback

2lcpbq1.png

Don't know if this was posted already, but it appears Michigan is testing out their new uniforms for next season in spring practice. They never wore their new adidas uniforms last year, but there seem to be some minor changes including:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPNnbQwGs98&feature=player_embedded#at=18

- Block "M" added above nameplate on the back.

I know this is practice but Robinson made the Wolvy's look real good in white pants. Both home and away jerseys went well with the all white pants.

I know this is practice but Robinson made the Wolvy's look real good in white pants. Both home and away jerseys went well with the all white pants.

If Michigan goes with white pants they need to throw a stripe pattern on there. They look too plain without any logos or stripes. But at least they got rid of that horrid tusk pattern jersey

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

so Georgia Bulldogs recruit John Jenkins has found all of the UGA mock ups from these boards, and believes they are the real thing.

His profile picture is the black UGA concept with the white helmet and silver pants, and his other pic on his profile page is the horrendous one with the two tone facemask.

because of this, ajc.com UGA blogger has freaked out over it, which is a mistake, because now all of the dumb UGA fans are buying it.

fun times.

Yeah it's rediculous.

We were supposed to have a pro combat against Florida this year. It was red with white pants from what i can remember, one of my already-graduated friends with strong connections to UGA football (he used to room with stafford) showed me a picture on his blackberry at the actual UGA-UF tailgate. I can't find a picture though off of google, anyone know what I'm talking about? Apparantly the design was scrapped after being proposed to the team by nike.

3 all new uniforms for TCU (2nd year in a row).

Purple with black sleeves and black pants.

White with black sleeves and white pants.

Black with purple sleeves and purple pants.

Interesting number font and color.

Helmet loses the frog and gains a black stripe down the middle.

Heres an article on it.

looks like bird poop.

hey nothing says tribute or honoring the military better than playing dress up in camo

Tressel probably figures if they all wear camo, nobody will be able to find him or his hoodlums.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I'd rather they keep the frog on there but they do look pretty good. Numbers look like Pitt's Pro Combat numbers without the serifs

I prefer keeping the same helmet that the team has had over the last 10+ years since they have been so successful with it, but aesthetically the larger TCU looks better.

Numbers reminded me of PITT's rivalry uniforms too and the helmet finish does as well. These numbers, however, will be exclusive to TCU.

Also, TCU will not be one of the pro combat rivalry schools this season.

All I know is that those collars better still have that triangle pattern on them. If they don't, the whole thing is a downgrade in my book.

Aaand...upon closer inspection, I really can't tell on the black or purple jersey, but it's at least noticeable on the white one: single-color numbers. (But did they have to go with the Pitt RPC numbers???)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

All I know is that those collars better still have that triangle pattern on them. If they don't, the whole thing is a downgrade in my book.

Aaand...upon closer inspection, I really can't tell on the black or purple jersey, but it's at least noticeable on the white one: single-color numbers. (But did they have to go with the Pitt RPC numbers???)

The numbers on the purple jerseys look like they have a black outline.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived