Super Bowl XLVI logo rough draft?

sportsfan0518

SuperBowlLogos.jpg

I'd rather have the unique logo system back as well...some are amazing while other are so-so, but I can remember each game just by looking at the logo.

Other than Super Bowl 42, every logo since they started this system with the 40th one has sucked. It's a shame really since Super Bowl 43 will go down as the best game with the worst logo of all-time.

Going back and looking at all of them, 42 is the WORST, 43 is second worst and 40 third worst. The rest do not bug me all that much.

At least there's a local identity in the XL logo... I believe the words "Super Bowl" are supposed to be in an odometer... a nod to the host city of Detroit...

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SuperBowlLogos.jpg

I'd rather have the unique logo system back as well...some are amazing while other are so-so, but I can remember each game just by looking at the logo.

Other than Super Bowl 42, every logo since they started this system with the 40th one has sucked. It's a shame really since Super Bowl 43 will go down as the best game with the worst logo of all-time.

Correction: The best game of all time was Super Bowl XLII. Also people are saying the NFL had a system with the 40-44 logos...the only thing i notice is the red and blue stars and the font. Is that the system?

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

SuperBowlLogos.jpg

Going back and looking at all of them, 42 is the WORST, 43 is second worst and 40 third worst. The rest do not bug me all that much.

At least there's a local identity in the XL logo... I believe the words "Super Bowl" are supposed to be in an odometer... a nod to the host city of Detroit...

Here's my rankings of 40-45 logos:

5. Super Bowl XLI

4. Super Bowl XLIV

3. Super Bowl XLV

2. Super Bowl XLIII

1. Super Bowl XLII

I just saw a tweet from @NFL that said you could download the official super bowl program for free on your iPad. Well I don't have one, and i cant do it on my iphone, does anyone else have an iPad? And can you verify that it unveils the super bowl XLVI logo? Im from Indy and I'm excited to see it! Thanks!

Zach.

I just saw a tweet from @NFL that said you could download the official super bowl program for free on your iPad. Well I don't have one, and i cant do it on my iphone, does anyone else have an iPad? And can you verify that it unveils the super bowl XLVI logo? Im from Indy and I'm excited to see it! Thanks!

I just got it and it's pretty nice. No sign of the XLVI logo, unless I missed it.

newsig.jpg

I just got it and it's pretty nice. No sign of the XLVI logo, unless I missed it.

I am in the midst of downloading it now. I will take a closer look when the download is finished.

03ec1fbf.png

Nice work on this. I really wish they would go away from this but I guess this is what we have to look forward to next year.

Did anyone else see that this logo was up on Wikipedia already? Not that that means anything but crazy!

Does anyone have a concept with the Lucas Oil Stadium behind the VL trophy yet? Or does anyone know when they will release the new official logos for XLVI?

03ec1fbf.png

Nice work on this. I really wish they would go away from this but I guess this is what we have to look forward to next year.

Did anyone else see that this logo was up on Wikipedia already? Not that that means anything but crazy!

Does anyone have a concept with the Lucas Oil Stadium behind the VL trophy yet? Or does anyone know when they will release the new official logos for XLVI?

I noticed it was on wikipedia too.

03ec1fbf.png

I noticed it was on wikipedia too.

I put this together kind of quickly. I think it conveys the idea.

xlvi.png

packchampionslfroh.png

Archived