Super Bowl XLVI logo rough draft?

sportsfan0518

Since the NFL changed it so the Super Bowl logo will be standardized (which I hate) I found this logo on the Indy Super Bowl Host website: http://www.provocate.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/sb2012logo.jpg Now this is obviously not the logo but could this mean that the next Super Bowl logo will be orange and blue? It makes sense because when the Colts were in Super Bowl XLI, the logo was orange and blue. But the odds are the logo will be gray.

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with the new logo system is that there is no distinction now between the Super Bowl logos. They will all look exactly the same besides the roman numerals. I liked that I could look at any Super Bowl logo and instantly know which game it was, without even having to read the number. Now that is lost and we are stuck with the same bland identity year in, year out.

SuperBowlLogos.jpg

I'd rather have the unique logo system back as well...some are amazing while other are so-so, but I can remember each game just by looking at the logo.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

why did the NFL chose to do this... did they think people would like it or something..

anybody know?

Perhaps for financial reasons? To save money and not have to hire a graphic design outfit to create a completely new identity package for each Super Bowl?

May God bless you all and fill your hearts with faith, hope, and love!

I've said it before, this "system" likely won't last too long. Give it five or six years before they go back to unique Super Bowl logos.

I'll give it thru XLIX for this pase and then the do something different starting with 50.

why did the NFL chose to do this... did they think people would like it or something..

anybody know?

Perhaps for financial reasons? To save money and not have to hire a graphic design outfit to create a completely new identity package for each Super Bowl?

It has more to do with branding and league/team politics.

Since the mid-90s - and even earlier - there has been a concerted effort made by the NFL to establish itself as a single company/body with 32 portions, not 32 individual teams that all happen to belong to the same league. Everything from nixing individual team contracts on jerseys, to NFL Equipment, to the new NFL logo, and now to the Superbowl logo, playoff logos, and trophies. Essentially, all these changes are small steps towards creating a uniform, homogenous identity package instead of a heterogeneous mix and match of various elements that tend to draw the focus away from the NFL and more to the individual team/organization/city.

It's basically the football equivalent of the 17th Amendment.

galaxy.png

I've said it before, this "system" likely won't last too long. Give it five or six years before they go back to unique Super Bowl logos.

I'll give it thru XLIX for this pase and then the do something different starting with 50.

I agree. I think the NFL will realize that just an L under a huge logo would look dumb.

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

SuperBowlLogos.jpg

I'd rather have the unique logo system back as well...some are amazing while other are so-so, but I can remember each game just by looking at the logo.

Other than Super Bowl 42, every logo since they started this system with the 40th one has sucked. It's a shame really since Super Bowl 43 will go down as the best game with the worst logo of all-time.

SuperBowlLogos.jpg

Other than Super Bowl 42, every logo since they started this system with the 40th one has sucked. It's a shame really since Super Bowl 43 will go down as the best game with the worst logo of all-time.

Going back and looking at all of them, 42 is the WORST, 43 is second worst and 40 third worst. The rest do not bug me all that much.

SuperBowlLogos.jpg

You're right. Though I'd take that 40-44 garbage over the new master plan.

newsig.jpg

Archived