2011 NFL Pro Bowl

Trevis Meseroll

reebok is implementing a new 3/4 pant.... players said reebok plans to offer this option to players next year.

looks ridiculous, imo.

brent-grimes-nike-zoom-vapor-carbon-fly.jpg

Great. Half the players will be in tights and the other half in bicycle shorts. :wacko:

Seriously, doesn't it seem a team would need to wear all of one or the other?

On other below-the-waist issue, the NFL may require players to wear thigh and knee pads next season.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

UniWatch had some info on those pants. Supposedly, the NFL is trying to discourage the "biker shorts" look. But the rational behind the look in the first place is the elastic at the bottom of the pants being uncomfortable on the players, and combined with the built in knee pads, just looks very awkward.

So these pants were developed as a trial to see how they looked, felt, and performed.

It was also noted that this is the NFL's idea, not Reebok's.

I think it's an interesting idea, and if executed better aesthetically, will look pretty good in the long run.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

UniWatch had some info on those pants. Supposedly, the NFL is trying to discourage the "biker shorts" look. But the rational behind the look in the first place is the elastic at the bottom of the pants being uncomfortable on the players, and combined with the built in knee pads, just looks very awkward.

So these pants were developed as a trial to see how they looked, felt, and performed.

It was also noted that this is the NFL's idea, not Reebok's.

I think it's an interesting idea, and if executed better aesthetically, will look pretty good in the long run.

Or at the very least...certain NFL teams can now justify their "leotard" looks. :P

Hmmm...wonder what Dennis "The Menace" Bergan thinks about these...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Always wanted to know, but why do NFL players wear two socks, or looks like wearing two socks? It looks like they wear a 1/4 length white sock, and underneath it they wear a longer length team colour sock...and then it looks like they have another piece of fabric sticking out from under the pants that covers the knee. Anyways, can someone fill me on how the NFL uniform works thigh down? Why can't NFL players just wear one team colour sock? I assume it's some kind of rule, but what is the rational behind it?

Always wanted to know, but why do NFL players wear two socks, or looks like wearing two socks? It looks like they wear a 1/4 length white sock, and underneath it they wear a longer length team colour sock...and then it looks like they have another piece of fabric sticking out from under the pants that covers the knee. Anyways, can someone fill me on how the NFL uniform works thigh down? Why can't NFL players just wear one team colour sock? I assume it's some kind of rule, but what is the rational behind it?

Some players only wear one sock, but most just prefer to wear multiples for whatever reason. More cushioning? I don't know. Team issued socks are one-piece and they're knit from white yarn from the calf midpoint down. the top portion is knit from team-color yarn and, if applicable, with any stripes that the team employs. The only exceptions I've seen are some throwback socks, like the Broncos' vertically-striped throwback socks, which only have the foot of the sock knit from white yarn, and the Lions' and Packers' throwback socks, which might even be solid blue the whole way. I can't tell. These socks generally extend over the knee, but not always. They do make them over the calf length. There are also many players that wear basically team colored leg warmers over their lower legs so that less of that white portion shows, and some players who wear a white sock over their team sock pull them up really high. In the old days, the team sock generally was a stirrup, over which the players wore a white crew sock. This persisted until about the 70s-80s era, when one-piece socks with white bottoms became more commonplace.

Back on topic, I really like these Pro Bowl uniforms, the speed skating pants notwithstanding. The cleanliness of the design is really striking compared to the over-designed crud that's been a hallmark of this game the past decade or so. I like the throwback reference in the stripes as well. Really well done.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived