Washington Wizards 2nd epic uniform fail

Blue Falcon

OH GOD WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END

"Epic fail" can go and die a miserable death any time now. Fail is a verb. Failure is a noun. Your grammar, therefore, would fall under "failure."

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Oh my hell, let the guy say what he wants. Just ignore it if it bothers you so flippin' much.

As for these recent uniform gaffes...

finalbiden7.5.jpg

Especially the jersey one, man that is awful. How does that even happen??

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

It's not difficult to expect proper usage of one's mother tongue.

It's not difficult to let improper usage go and ignore it, either.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be argumentative or anything, I just don't think the usage of "fail" is worth getting tied up in a knot over.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

As for these recent uniform gaffes...

finalbiden7.5.jpg

Especially the jersey one, man that is awful. How does that even happen??

It's like they bought a customized jersey from "GETFREENFLJERSEYANDNBATOO.com.cn" Never seen that before. I guess they should get the benefit of the doubt based on how hastily he was called up, but still. Wow.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be argumentative or anything, I just don't think the usage of "fail" is worth getting tied up in a knot over.

If you don't stop incorrect usage with the little things then it'll snowball and we won't correct large mistakes either. And that's when the language evolves into a mashup of slang and improper usage and before you know it we're all speaking like we're in the movie, Idiocracy.

PvO6ZWJ.png

If you don't stop incorrect usage with the little things then it'll snowball and we won't correct large mistakes either. And that's when the language evolves into a mashup of slang and improper usage and before you know it we're all speaking like we're in the movie, Idiocracy.

"Epic fail" is an intentional misuse. It's not some massive problem like how some people suddenly think apostrophes are used to pluralize (jersey's). The charm of the phrase to people who use it is that it is incorrect, so there is nothing to correct.

"Epic fail" is an intentional misuse. It's not some massive problem like how some people suddenly think apostrophes are used to pluralize (jersey's). The charm of the phrase to people who use it is that it <i>is</i> incorrect, so there is nothing to correct.

Oh, the random apostrophe-thing makes me crazy. On this AZ Cardinals board I'm on, more than half of the guys on there refer to the team in San Francisco as the "49'ers".

Don't get me started on "your" vs. "you're", "there" vs. "their" vs. "they're", and my favorite - "lose" vs. "loose".

I can honestly say that I knew the difference between all of them when I was six years old. No joke.

The interwebs make me sad for the education in this country.

OH GOD WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END

"Epic fail" can go and die a miserable death any time now. Fail is a verb. Failure is a noun. Your grammar, therefore, would fall under "failure."

Thank you. I hate that idiotic term. Stop using it, kids. It was dumb from the first usage of it, but now it's overplayed.

Now, onto the jersey....how can a jersey be messed up THAT badly!?!? Was the team seamstress on opium?

ept_sports_nba_experts-919270555-1295891801.jpg?ymZF1cEDRRncjbU9

Love the player's take on it though:

"I don't know. I think they tried to put my zip code on there," Shakur said, eliciting laughter throughout the locker room. "They, you know, messed it up a little bit."
87Redskins.png

Archived