NBA Identities as Football Teams

Raven52

Hi, first-time poster and extremely long-time lurker here. This is really my first project and I've chosen to post my work here, seeing as the concept is quite unique. My idea is to use NBA identities as if they were football teams. I have not excelled yet in the area of designing my own fictional identities, so this seems like a good attempt to begin with. This is honestly my first attempt at a complete jersey, and I am quite proud. So here goes...first up: the Washington Wizards.

g7404.png

So let's begin at the top. For the logo I chose the Wiz's current alternate. Of course, this required the removal of the basketball, but this wasn't absurdly impossible for a novice such as myself. I think it actually makes quite a good helmet logo. Color choice throughout the uniform wasn't too difficult a consideration. The NOB and number font are straight from the Wizards' actual jerseys, serving as another connection in the crossover. The uniform also includes a basic side jersey and pants panel. I experimented with multiple pants colors, such as black and gold, and while they all looked surprisingly nice, I went with white (I can post the variations later.) Finally, seeing as how I used a Pro Combat template, some obscure hidden reference seemed like a must. I integrated the three stars, a common theme in Washington sports (Maryland, Virginia, and D.C.), on the lower front of the jersey. Look closer and you will discover that one of the stars is topped by the Capitol Building.

So that's it for the Wiz Kidz. If you have any suggestions, I would love to attempt them and post the results. Of course, Washington's famed gold alt's will come at a later date.

Up Next (Pick One):

Milwaukee Bucks or Boston Celtics

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might want to adjust the shoulder numbers so they read right.

Are you referring to how the numbers on the away jersey aren't cut? I don't know how I overlooked that. I can fix it when I get the chance.

EDIT: Nvm, I just got what you meant haha. Well that's embarassing, I suppose I just flipped the numbers compulsively. I will definitely fix that.

Might want to adjust the shoulder numbers so they read right.

Are you referring to how the numbers on the away jersey aren't cut? I don't know how I overlooked that. I can fix it when I get the chance.

EDIT: Nvm, I just got what you meant haha. Well that's embarassing, I suppose I just flipped the numbers compulsively. I will definitely fix that.

Yeah fix that it does take away from the concept a bit.

I'd love to see where this thread goes. I think it'd be a bit more interesting if you tried to mimic some of their NBA striping designs onto the uniform instead of filling in shapes on the template. It would become a bit more creative and bring some interest in the project.

Also, I think the front numbers are typically smaller than the back numbers because it allows room for any type of wordmark.

Nice start.

I like it, although I think a different logo would be better for the helmet, like the Wizard itself or the W in the script. Great job on the rest of the uniform, and I would also have to vote to see the Bucks next.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

I think this looks nice and I can't wait for you to continue with this.

I think Bucks would be better, because it gives you the chance to do something creative, while the Celtics have simple jerseys.

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

Archived