mbannon's College Football Experience

mbannon92

Well, since the thread is starting to lose interest, here's rest of the ACC.

First is Miami. A lot of people like to crazy with Miami with the split-color technique. I wanted to find a way to incorporate the split-color without going overboard. It shows up on the top of the collar, a simple stripe on each sleeve, and the pants. The pants are meant to look the the "U" logo from behind.

Miami.png

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For Va Tech I took their Pro Combat striping and tamed it a little, matching the logo and numbers. I added a VT/state of Virginia logo on the pants and kept the home throwback. The road throwback could still be in play as well, but the template is for 3 unis.

UPDATE: Added an orange alt and the white throwback.

VaTech-1.png

I didn't change a whole lot for Wake. I ditched the piping for a more traditional look, with triple-stripes on the pants, and added the deacon logo under the collar. That's about it though.

Wake.png

And can anyone tell me what's up with my TV numbers and NOBs? I don't know why they get distorted and the outlines get messed up.

I started my Virginia Tech concept with that same striping scheme on the jerseys!! didn't finish it that way though. These are nice. I like the fact you gave Wake a classy set

How funny would that have been if we posted the same design at the same time!

I love all of the recent concepts. Although, I don't feel the VT alt necessary; maybe a orange over maroon alt in it's place?

Yeah, I kinda thought the same thing. I wanted to keep the throwbacks since they wear them a lot and I personally like them, but I'll think about an orange alt.

I love the Miami concept, especially the pants, but having the split U design on the inside of the collar seems a bit much, since that wouldn't be seen in-game.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Solid work with Miami and VT! I love the split color on Miami and VT looks great. I just think that VT's third is kind of unnecessary, and could be replaced with a third color in the current striping. I also would drop the Virginia state silhouette from the pants. Good work on WF even though I'm not a fan of words/letters in places like the sleeves or pants.

I would also start using the new template put out by davidson, or maybe you did these before the template was released. Good work, can't wait to see more.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

In Miami's I like the way you have opposite colors on each sleeve and then the neck to mirror their logo. They are the only team that can get away with that. I find the pants stripe to be somewhat boring. I have no problem with one-colored stripes, but it's so wide...check that. I just figured out what you were doing with it being the U logo on each leg so in that case, I like it, very creative.

On the other two,I have no complaints. they seem well-done.

I like Virginia Tech and Wake Forest, but as for Miami... I'm not a fan of the split color thing that a lot of people on these boards like to do. They got it right in the early 2000's, or more specifically their 2001 uniform set, and I wish they could somehow update that look to the Pro Combat uniforms. But I'm liking the Pro Combat pants and how they can be used to form a "U" if you look hard enough.

All right, let's get this back up and running...moving on to the Big East.

There's only one team from the Big East in this concept. Of the 5 Nike schools, Pitt, UConn, and Syracuse all have the Pro Combat template, and I like Rutgers' look, so I left them out.

So, here are the West Virginia Mountaineers! I wanted to keep a similar look to what they have now, so I kept the number font and shoulder stripes, but I added a gradient to all the striping. No particular rhyme or reason, I just thought it looked good. I also added the WV logo to the chest, but with the ends extended and gradient-ed. I saw a similar idea on here sometime in the fall, so whoever you are, I give you credit.

WestVirginia.png

All right, next up is the Big Ten. I have four teams from the now 12-team conference, both big rivalries.

First up is Iowa-Minnesota. For Iowa I went with a pretty similar look, just tweaking the sleeve stripes to differentiate the Hawkeyes from the Steelers and adding the logo on the side of the pants. I also included the throwback they wore this past year, minus the helmet numbers.

Iowa.png

Archived