mbannon's College Football Experience

mbannon92

ACC: Carolina | Duke | FSU | Miami | Va Tech | Wake | Clemson | Virginia | NC State | Georgia Tech | Boston College | Maryland

Big East: West Virginia | Pitt | Rutgers | Syracuse | UConn | Cincinnati | Louisville | USF

Big Ten: Iowa | Minnesota | Illinois | Purdue | MSU | Ohio St. | Penn St. | Michigan | Northwestern | IU | Nebraska | Wisconsin

Big XII: Mizzou | Oklahoma St. | Baylor | KSU | Oklahoma | Texas | Iowa St.

Pac 12: Cal | Stanford | Oregon St. | Oregon | Colorado | USC

SEC: Florida | Georgia | LSU | Ole Miss | Kentucky | Vandy

So, due to the positive feedback on my Nike NFL Redesign, I've decided to do a Nike College Football Redesign. Here's how things are gonna work. I'll start out with the six BCS conferences, redesigning every Nike team EXCEPT:

Teams that already have the Pro Combat template

Teams that have a classic design that wouldn't change in the transition (Alabama, Penn State, Texas, etc.)

Teams that COULD change but I personally wouldn't change (Ohio State, Oklahoma, LSU, etc.)

I'm now working on ALL of the 120 FBS teams!

I'll post the teams by conference, breaking up the bigger conferences into multiple groups (as I've done with the ACC). Also, after I'm done with the Big Six I may do some other teams by request, but please don't request now.

I'll only be posting three uniform combos for each team (for the most part), so pants will be interchangable. You guys can determine what combos would look good or not.

And I'll be posting the actual uniforms on the page (rather than using links), so PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THE POSTED TEAMS!!! If you want to comment on specific teams, just clarify the team in the post. I don't want this to get cluttered and impossible to navigate.

Lastly, I want to give a shoutout to andrewharrington for the amazing templates that many of us have been using, including myself.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also took inspiration from the basketball team for my Duke concept. I took the striping on the sides of the basketball unis and replicated them on the helmet, sleeves, and pants. I also added the D/football logo on the pants, similar to the D/basketball logo.

Duke-1.png

For Florida State I tried to compromise between the current unis and their Pro Combats from 2009. I kept the current number font, and the basic layout of the unis is the same for the most part. However, I added quite a bit of black, put the new feather on the pants and sleeve cuffs, and added a Florida State wordmark to the chest. I also kept the black helmet as an option.

FSU.png

What's going on with the NOB's?

FSU and UNC look fantastic, Duke's normal set is decent but I love the blackout unis.

Why are the belts the same color of the pants every time?

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

What's going on with the NOB's?

FSU and UNC look fantastic, Duke's normal set is decent but I love the blackout unis.

Why are the belts the same color of the pants every time?

The NOBs just do that for some reason when I upload the files...I haven't been able to figure out why (so if someone knows, please let me know!).

And the belts are the same color as the pants because that's how most uniforms are.

Duke looks fantastic, that is definetely my favorite of the three! That's exactly what they should be doing, and not going the copycat-the-Colts direction. One suggestion I have is that, if possible, maybe outlining the D and Devil in black on the helmet, just for some consistency. It still looks great as is though, if you think that looks better. Great job!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I really dig the Florida State unis. I loved their pro combats a few years ago, and I really like the feather. I wish the procombat jerseys they used a few years ago would have been used full time. I wouldn't mind if they wore your set full time either. I would have liked to see a gold jersey, but then again that might be too tacky. The basketball teams gold uni looks great to me, and I would love to see it transfer at least one time to the football field.

I really like the argyle on the UNC pants, and it's not too much like you said. FSU looks great too IMO. Im not normally a fan of the monocolored football jerseys, but I really like that black set and the feather on the pants and sleeves. FSU can get away with fancy stuff like that. All three look nice.

One question I have, and this is partly just because Im not very observant, is do most college teams have a logo under the collar? Duke and FSU have it here and it just seems like a lot is going on between the numbers and the neck with the College football logo, the Nike logo and then this logo. If it's the norm, keep doing it, but Ive never noticed before.

I really like the argyle on the UNC pants, and it's not too much like you said. FSU looks great too IMO. Im not normally a fan of the monocolored football jerseys, but I really like that black set and the feather on the pants and sleeves. FSU can get away with fancy stuff like that. All three look nice.

One question I have, and this is partly just because Im not very observant, is do most college teams have a logo under the collar? Duke and FSU have it here and it just seems like a lot is going on between the numbers and the neck with the College football logo, the Nike logo and then this logo. If it's the norm, keep doing it, but Ive never noticed before.

Yeah, most teams have something underneath the collar. I do agree that Duke and FSU are a little busy on the chest...I'll keep that in mind as I go through this. Thanks for the input though, you're extremely talented and I really respect your opinons.

Archived