mbannon's College Football Experience

mbannon92

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All right, not much feedback on Mizzou or OSU, so I'll assume that everyone likes them and move on.

Next up is Baylor. I felt like a classic look would work best for Baylor, so I went that route, but with some perks. First, I added stripes extending from the collar to the sleeve that match the triple stripe on the pants. I really like this look on Oklahoma's basketball unis (and others), and I think it works well here as well. I removed the black trim from their current look, as I feel like it's unnecessary and makes the unis somewhat dull. I tweaked their white helmet and added a green one as well, allowing more possible combinations (the helmet will always match the pants).

Baylor.png

For Kansas State, I wanted to combine the classic look of their football uniforms with the more modern look of their basketball uniforms. Most noticeably, I added black to the color scheme, but only as trim (other than the black alternate, of course). I also made the stripes thinner to match the basketball unis (from the first half of the year). As mentioned, I added a black alternate, likely to be worn once a year in a big primetime game.K-State.png

I think K-State is a little too simple.

I think a Purple or Black monochrome uniform for Kansas State would look sweet.

I disagree with both of these. I think the simple look works really well in this case and the silver pants really work well with all three jerseys.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I really cannot get behind Baylor's terrible gold color and I think it should be minimized or altered to look less ughish. K-State is also a little bland, but their colors are very good. One other thing is that your numbers are little small on the front and back. For instance I use 69 for the front and 81 for the back numbers. I then use 27 for the shoulders/25 for the upper arm and 21 for the NOB. Just as a reference...

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I think you should do something a little more "flashy" with KState. It just seems to bland and generic to be honest.

I see what you all are saying on K-State, but their football unis have always been pretty basic, and their basketball unis are too, so I wanted to stick with that.

Also, these aren't "Pro Combat" concepts, which are supposed to be out there. These are meant to be the teams' permanent unis, so I want to keep tradition and...aesthetics...in mind.

I appreciate the comments, though.

I think you should do something a little more "flashy" with KState. It just seems to bland and generic to be honest.

I see what you all are saying on K-State, but their football unis have always been pretty basic, and their basketball unis are too, so I wanted to stick with that.

Also, these aren't "Pro Combat" concepts, which are supposed to be out there. These are meant to be the teams' permanent unis, so I want to keep tradition and...aesthetics...in mind.

I appreciate the comments, though.

I completely get what you're saying and I agree with you, but it kind of seems like you tried to fit the stripes in there, it just doesn't seem like it fits. You know? But that may just be me.

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

Okay, time to move on to the newly-expanded Pac 12. Kicking it off is one of college football's most historic rivalries: Cal-Stanford.

I had a little bit of trouble with Cal. I either wanted to base these off their Broncos-style uniforms, their current uniforms, or come up with something different. I couldn't make the Broncos-style work, and I couldn't think of something new that would fit, so I worked off their current unis. The helmet stays the same, and I moved their jersey striping from the collar to the sleeves, and I think it worked out real well. I had trouble on the pants, and I ended up taking the larger stripe from the sleeves and rotating it.Cal.png

And here's Stanford. I went a little retro for these, drawing inspiration from the Elway-era unis. I changed the facemask from red to white, brightened the red a little, added sleeve numbers, and went with a single pant stripe. I put my own twist on it though, with contrasting sleeve cuffs and a double outline on the numbers to match the logo. I also kept the black alt from this past year.Stanford-1.png

Cal: Wow, I really love these, might be my favorite of this series so far. I love the update of the current style they have. And that all white uni looks great.

Stanford: I'm a newer kind of uniform guy, so these are a little bland for me, but it's Stanford so you don't have much to work with. I love the sleeve/jersey contrast and the black monochrome looks sweet.

Great job on both.

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

That Cal uniform is lightyears ahead of their current one. Great job.

Stanford should stick with a simple look and you did that well. Great job there as well.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Pac-12 looks great so far...great job with both schools as well as with the other concepts.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Alright, next up is the Civil War: Oregon State vs. Oregon.

For Oregon State, I wanted to try and change their look without straying too far from what they have now, and I think I accomplished that. I added curved stripes under the arms and at the bottom of the pants, matching the logo and numbers. I also added a stripe to the helmet, as I really liked their Pro Combat helmets.

OregonState.png

Archived