Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

White helmets have to be worn with white pants (though colored pants are fine with white jerseys). That look with white pants in the same style (or actually with the bolt on the pants) was great. However, with the yellow pants, the white helmet looks incomplete, like it doesn't match. It looks like their helmets got lost in transit so they bought some stock helmets from a sporting goods store and put the decals on the night before the game. The Titans have this same problem, as the white helmet stands out with the horrible monochrome and double blue looks they use.

But yes, other than the yellow pants, that look is 1000x better than the crap they currently wear.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Yeah, I like that shade of blue. Also, white numbers stood out better than yellow.

3931a091f55e424cae2b2a4.jpg

That photo was the very last season the CHARGERS wore the powder blues, 1973.

T'was Robert Holmes and Bob Thomas talking to OJ after the game. SD won 34-7 :(

SD only won 2 games, we probably would have made the playoffs instead of the STEELERS had we won.

CHARGERS looked best with both white numbers and white pants, IMO too.

The Chargers switched to blue helmets and the "Rams look" in '74 when Tommy Prothro took over. It also had a lot to do with the team wanting to distance itself from the drugs and losing of the previous administration.

The way they were:

1973 Chargers

What they became:

1974 San Diego Chargers

DAMN B!!!! THOSE YOUTUBE VIDEOS, ARE DOPE!!!

AWESOME STUFF!!

THERES SOME AMAZING STUFF IN THAT GALLERY!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Panthers11222

The crowd was small but vocal.

3912913.jpg

:D

Ran across that pic from 1960 while looking for Chargers pics (opponent is the Oilers). Can you imagine? Those guys must have really wanted to play.

Edit: Maybe it wasn't quite as bad as the first pic looked. From the same game:

3912948.jpg

That's the Coliseum btw. Is it common knowledge that they were originally the Los Angeles Chargers?

With apologies to Cujo, assuming he was talking about me. Had no idea my threadjacking exploits were so notorious. :wacko:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Why the navy on the stripes but not around the buffalo? hmm.gif Not that I would like to see it around the Buffalo, but rather would like to NOT see it with the stripes. This is much better than what they have now, but the navy stripe continues the Bills tradition of having an unnecessary distraction on their helmet/uniform. It's hard to appreciate the rest of the helmet because my attention gets drawn to the out-of-place navy stripe.

Why the navy on the stripes but not around the buffalo? hmm.gif Not that I would like to see it around the Buffalo, but rather would like to NOT see it with the stripes. This is much better than what they have now, but the navy stripe continues the Bills tradition of having an unnecessary distraction on their helmet/uniform. It's hard to appreciate the rest of the helmet because my attention gets drawn to the out-of-place navy stripe.

I agree, the absence of navy anywhere else on the helmet makes its use on the stripes seem like an unnecessary addition. Used in such a limited way, the navy looks more like a BFBS-type addition.

Archived