Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

The Packers' end zone wordmark is more than just an added outline - it is (or at least it has been) a whole different stencil wordmark.

The letters are spaced out a bit, but the pictures I found use the same (or very similar) letterforms with a white stroke added. Raiders were a definite oversight. How did I forget that one. Now that I think of it, the Dolphins had these super-classy endzones last season:

sun-life-stadium.jpg

And don't forget about this monstrosity of a field:

heinz-field.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Packers' end zone wordmark is more than just an added outline - it is (or at least it has been) a whole different stencil wordmark.

The letters are spaced out a bit, but the pictures I found use the same (or very similar) letterforms with a white stroke added. Raiders were a definite oversight. How did I forget that one. Now that I think of it, the Dolphins had these super-classy endzones last season:

sun-life-stadium.jpg

heinz-field.jpg

both those stadiums are shared with a college team hence the non standard end zones...in addition I remember the cardinals had some killer end zone designs when they were at sun devil stadium

Then there's the Raiders:

OaklandRaiders_EndZone_1995-9999_SCC_SRGB.png

This isn't part of their official graphics package, but they paint this in the end zones....

is this a retro inspired from the 60's or 70's?..they had a different endzone font before this one during oakand v2.0

sun-life-stadium.jpg

heinz-field.jpg

both those stadiums are shared with a college team hence the non standard end zones...in addition I remember the cardinals had some killer end zone designs when they were at sun devil stadium

While true that those are different wordmarks, I'd argue that they are not in the same class because they are intentionally generic so they can pass for both tenants of the stadium. They also use a city name alone instead of including a reworked team name like the Raiders, Lions, etc. (field) and the Cowboys (jerseys).

So the RAIDERS don't use this for their end-zones?

raiders_wordmark.gif

I always thought theirs looked very similar to the REDSKINS.

1062.gif

I don't remember last season, but in most seasons I remember Miami using this word-mark in their end zones.

880.gif

In the post '96 rebrand years, while still sharing the Vet with the Phillies, the Eagles used some generic rounded-serif italicized EAGLES type in their end zones until baseball season was over (of course back then, baseball season was over around May 15.) Certainly never part of their identity.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

sun-life-stadium.jpg

heinz-field.jpg

Two words: Re. Paint. They can have an enormous Dolphin on the 50 I see, but they go with generic wordmarks in the endzones? Something doesn't add up (though I must admit that I LOVE those generic MIAMI wordmarks and I HATE the Dolphins' actual wordmark). Maybe they only add the Dolphin after college football is over? Pittsburgh's field just looks so bad that way. Why not just go with lines in both endzones, or a gold PITTSBURGH in both. The combo of the two is what makes it so terrible.

Also, Sun Devil Stadium was shared with a college team as well, so how come the Cardinals were able to have killer end zone designs?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I don't remember last season, but in most seasons I remember Miami using this word-mark in their end zones.

880.gif

It's because The U shares that stadium with the Dolphins now so they just put Miami to represent both of them

Edit- Just like how Pittsburgh just puts Pittsburgh in one endzone.

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

Two words: Re. Paint. They can have an enormous Dolphin on the 50 I see, but they go with generic wordmarks in the endzones? Something doesn't add up (though I must admit that I LOVE those generic MIAMI wordmarks and I HATE the Dolphins' actual wordmark). Maybe they only add the Dolphin after college football is over? Pittsburgh's field just looks so bad that way. Why not just go with lines in both endzones, or a gold PITTSBURGH in both. The combo of the two is what makes it so terrible.

Also, Sun Devil Stadium was shared with a college team as well, so how come the Cardinals were able to have killer end zone designs?

In the beginning of the Hurricanes playing at JoePlayer SunShark, both endzones had the generic Miami font and there was no logo at midfield. However, after a game or two, the students and alums started a movement to get the U logo put at midfield. Pressure was big enough that the Dolphins decided to relent and put the logo at midfield. After each game, they rip the square of turf out of midfield and lay down new sod with the Dolphin logo painted on it. They then rip that out and put down fresh turf with the U painted on it before the next Hurricanes game. For the entire Hurricanes season you can see the square of turf at midfield is fresh and doesn't match the rest of the turf.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Isn't it the the AZ CARDINALS that have a pull-out gridirion where they maintain the natural grass more outdoors to keep in among the best in the NFL where it is then slid right back in?

If so, it be good to see the GIANTS / JETS and STEELERS / PANTHERS able do the same .... I love real gress fields, how football should be played.

sun-life-stadium.jpg

heinz-field.jpg

like this..

http://timelapsetech.com/fiesta.htm

I remember both the BRONCOS and CHARGERS using diamond end-zones during the late AFL days. BRONCOS still do, CHARGERS did on throwback night.

Those looked cool.

broncosendzone1.jpg?w=500&h=274

4b5266a1a556d9378cb049273d3dc8070932247b.jpg

Yeah. Didn't one of the NY teams use it at some point? Both?

Anyway, they look cool, and I wish someone would use checkerboard or some a blown up section of the team's logo...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived