Avalanche Rebrand

raysox

Sup? So I got my computer back, and I could finally do concepts.

On NHL 10, I'm the Avalanche on GM mode. The more I looked at their uniforms, the more i noticed things that bugged me. To start a total rehaul, you have to start from the top. I thought that it'd be cool if the A had mountain features, like you see below. The same avalanche motif exists crossing the A, but coming from a now capped mountain. I'm not happy with the light blue streaks, so suggestions! please! I also changed the colors. They use maroon/blue/black/silver, thats really too many colors. I dropped the silver, and made the blue light blue, similar to the Colorado Rapids.

Aves.png

A freakin' sweet update for the most part, I'm especially liking the mountain A. Although the way you worked the avalanche into the logo just seems a bit off for some reason. Perhaps you could stretch the curve out to the left some more?

I was thinking the same thing before I even read Wildwing's post. I think it'd really help balance the logo out a bit better.

As for the blue streaks, I like them, but maybe have them a bit thicker at the bottom, to make it seem like the puck is moving down the mountain and closer to the viewer?

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Actually, it's now making the mountain look weird. At least the way you curved the avalanche. I know it's supposed to be an avalanche carrying a puck down the mountain, but it appears like the mountain is tipping over and the structure of it creates some issues with the A itself. Maybe if you kept the curve intact but defined the mountain peak more it would look a lot better overall. Just my two cents.

I dont see this as an improvement over what they have. I think your A has too many points/peaks on it. But the real thing that seems like a downgrade is how you just have a snow streak behind the puck. On the real logo the snow has formed around the puck giving it this icey feel, as if the puck is freezing as it flies off the mountain. I like your colors, but the snow streak is just not frigid like the real one.

The biggest problem with this is that there is little to suggest movement in regards to how the snow is rendered. Its like the puck just slid down the mountain at a snails pace before coming to a complete stop.

An avalanche is typically a rapid, unstoppable mass of snow that buries or destroys everything its path. I'm not getting that from this. Colours are cool though.

Keep the thin "beginning" of the avalanche, while pulling the left side of the "A" to the left, and have the curve of the avalanche line up with the second highest peak on the left side. That seems like it would make the design flow a bit better.

Nice work, and with some improvements, it could be very good. :)

ayr02r.gif

I don't think, because thinking implies uncertainty. Therefore, I KNOW.

I think the whole white avalanche needs to be narrower right near the top.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Ditch the wordmark on the white and you're good.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived