Michigan State going black?

nicklas

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As devout MSU fan, and hater of everything BFBS, I hope these are not legit. My first thought when Nike debuted the new identity with the bronze trim was "well, it's better than black I guess." Still love my Alma Mater and the wordmark has grown on me, but I'd always hoped we'd stay above the BFBS fringe...

Michigan fans, you can't really talk trash for basketball. Sorry.

Really? Apparently you haven't been watching basketball this year, or had the game erased from your memory, because the series so far this year reads 1-0 Michigan, and that game was at the Breslin... Sorry.

And those black jerseys look horrible. Fits right in with State's identity. Dark green numbers on a black jersey never look good to me.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Really? Apparently you haven't been watching basketball this year, or had the game erased from your memory, because the series so far this year reads 1-0 Michigan, and that game was at the Breslin... Sorry.

Sorry buddy. One game doesn't make up for 11 years.

ANYWAY the uniforms look fine, in a vacuum. I was fine with the green/white/bronze look, but the black just makes it complicated since it's not really part of the new identity. As long as it's a one-time thing, I'm fine with it.

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

ANYWAY the uniforms look fine, in a vacuum. I was fine with the green/white/bronze look, but the black just makes it complicated since it's not really part of the new identity. As long as it's a one-time thing, I'm fine with it.

Look who's living in the past. Sorry, but State's era is over. Michigan's has just begun, while they will be a team to beat in the future. They don't even have a senior on the team, so watch out the next few years.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Look who's living in the past. Sorry, but State's era is over. Michigan's has just begun, while they will be a team to beat in the future. They don't even have a senior on the team, so watch out the next few years.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Arizona State was saying similar things while they were beating us regularly during the Arizona interim coach years and now that things are settled down in Tucson, we've gone back to dominating them. It's gonna take a lot more than a couple seasons to change the dynamic of a rivalry, especially one involving a basketball powerhouse.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Sorry, but State's era is over. Michigan's has just begun, while they will be a team to beat in the future. They don't even have a senior on the team, so watch out the next few years.

Are you serious? You can't be.

Although, talking football and switching places betwen MSU and U of M, you might have it about right.

Sorry, but State's era is over. Michigan's has just begun, while they will be a team to beat in the future. They don't even have a senior on the team, so watch out the next few years.

Although, talking football and switching places betwen MSU and U of M, you might have it about right.

Basketball - sure.

Football is another story. There has never been a significant period of time when MSU was better than Michigan in football. MSU was better in the mid-60s, and the last three years, and that's about it. Expecting the programs to switch their historical roles now would be like expecting Oklahoma State to become better than Oklahoma or like expecting Texas A&M to become better than Texas. Maybe for a few years here and there, but it'll never happen in the long term. (And since we're on a sports logos board, I should point out that one of the reasons for this is because MSU keeps dicking around with their identity while Michigan remains classy and distinctive.)

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Basketball - sure.

Football is another story. There has never been a significant period of time when MSU was better than Michigan in football. MSU was better in the mid-60s, and the last three years, and that's about it. Expecting the programs to switch their historical roles now would be like expecting Oklahoma State to become better than Oklahoma or like expecting Texas A&M to become better than Texas. Maybe for a few years here and there, but it'll never happen in the long term. (And since we're on a sports logos board, I should point out that one of the reasons for this is because MSU keeps dicking around with their identity while Michigan remains classy and distinctive.)

Thank you, that is the right way to put it. Basketball can change anytime, and it is happening right now.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Is there a sports logo board where conversations don't instantly turn into fans of rival schools arguing over stuff no one else cares about?

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Is there a sports logo board where conversations don't instantly turn into fans of rival schools arguing over stuff no one else cares about?

No.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

No kidding. We need a separate forum for the Senators vs. Maple Leafs contingent and the MSU vs. U of M contingent.

It really gets old.

(How 'bout them BOILERS!!!!)

Archived