Dodgers Throwback Alternate Jersey

bowld

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bulls**t. That team should never wear anything that says or references Brooklyn. Ever.

/rant

I would agree. That would be like the Baltimore Ravens wearing Browns throwbacks. Both teams highly offended their former home and fans and should just leave well enough alone and not stoke the fires. What a cheap ploy by the Dodgers to try to cash in and make a buck off thier shameful history.

Are people really still that butt hurt over something that happened over 50 years ago?

I know one Brooklyn Dodger fan who wasn't happy when the Dodgers wore Brooklyn jerseys a couple of years ago, and he probably won't be happy about this. But the dude is in his 70s. Most New Yorkers are over it, especially those of us who weren't alive when the Dodgers moved.

I love the choice of jerseys. That's the one I voted for. The only sucky thing about these uniforms is that they won't be satin as the originals were and worn at night. I understand why they're not satin, but that's the way they were. They also had white versions of these satin uniforms too.

As far as the people who say they shouldn't wear anything Brooklyn. It's the same team. If you are still bitter about their move, build a bridge and get over it. Or just jump off the bridge so we won't have to listen to you're whining about 50 years ago. The fact of the matter is that the O'Malleys couldn't get a new stadium and Los Angeles offered them a new stadium. What would you do? Lose money, or make money. It's pure business and anyone with a brain would do what O'Malley did. Yeah, even those in Brooklyn, who'd sell their mother and their dead grandmother for money!

Bulls**t. That team should never wear anything that says or references Brooklyn. Ever.

/rant

Um...why?

As a fan, I love this. Though they sorta look like the Royals here, I love the look of it. And I don't mind embracing the Brooklyn history at all. My grandfather's stories about growing up in Brooklyn and watching the Dodgers is what made me a Dodger fan in the first place, so I think it's awesome that they're honoring that past.

Exactly and Ditto. Thinking the Dodgers were still in Brooklyn was what made me a Piazza fan in 1993. I was 5, but still. Those stories live on. Most of the people who were outraged back then are either dead or dying right now.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Don't like it. It seems more like a bandwagon/trendy move.

By the way, sorry if this was already answered, but did the Dodgers really wear a uniform like that? Or this this a faux-back?

If that is pretty close to what they actually wore then I guess I'm ok with it.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Don't like it. It seems more like a bandwagon/trendy move.

By the way, sorry if this was already answered, but did the Dodgers really wear a uniform like that? Or this this a faux-back?

If that is pretty close to what they actually wore then I guess I'm ok with it.

Yeah, it's based on the satin night game jerseys from 1944:

nl_1944_brooklyn.gif

Wrong all the way around. Slap in the face to Brooklyn and to Los Angeles. Who are they going to sell these to? No one in Brooklyn that's for sure.

I'll buy one.

I'd buy a blue Brooklyn Dodgers cap too, but nobody's made one in years.

Nobody's made one in years?! But there's plenty of Brooklyn Dogs caps! Blue, white, pinstriped, etc. ones.

Try eBay, Cooperstown Memories or MLB Shop.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Wrong all the way around. Slap in the face to Brooklyn and to Los Angeles. Who are they going to sell these to? No one in Brooklyn that's for sure.

I'll buy one.

I'd buy a blue Brooklyn Dodgers cap too, but nobody's made one in years.

Nobody's made one in years?! But there's plenty of Brooklyn Dogs caps! Blue, white, pinstriped, etc. ones.

Try eBay, Cooperstown Memories or MLB Shop.

Don't forget lids.com! They have a whole line of cooperstowns, and I know they've got a Brooklyn one!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Not a blue one, unfortunately. None of them have an accurate logo. New Era's caps use a Bakersfield Dodgers logo:

974_IMG_4594.jpg

and all the others use a bastardized Boston Red Sox logo with a cutout (thanks to MLB's inaccurate style guide).

TWfranchisebrododCP-roy.jpg

Should look like this:

chuck-dressen-game-worn-brooklyn-dodgers-cap.001.jpg

U1071991INP.jpgU930962INP.jpg2554701429_377f00b658.jpg

The key is the loops - they should be full circles.

Some of the white caps have the correct logo, but nobody's made a genuine classic Dodger Blue cap since ballcap.com went under. And Mitchell & Ness before them, but that was a decade ago.

That's the point I was trying to make. Sorry I was too subtle. The graphic from the voting page depicted a much more accurate logo, not New Era's standard garbage:

40sUniform.jpg

Gave me hope.

Yeah, it's based on the satin night game jerseys from 1944:

nl_1944_brooklyn.gif

Why they would choose from the 1944 baseball season is silly. MLB was so depleted from players away at WWII that even the old-timers would probably not recognize those. The lowly St Louis Browns played in their only World Series that year!

More people could probably identify the Racine Belles and Rockford Peaches uniforms worn in the 1944 season :grin:

2007 season at least they wore the very popular 1955 throwback from when the DODGERS won their 1st ever World Series after all those losses to the YANKEES from '41 onward.

Only thing is, with the '55s worn in 2007 they never wore gray uniforms or jerseys that read 'Brooklyn' during home games at Ebbets Field, yet they wore the gray Brooklyn's at some home games at Chavez Ravine, lol.

340x.jpg

Someone (UnderArmour maybe?) does make heathered doubleknits. I think some college may have them (saw on UW a long time ago.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

/rant

I'm inclined to agree. Their move was one of the most contentious in MLB history. No need to rub it in to the elderly's faces.

/rant

I would agree. That would be like the Baltimore Ravens wearing Browns throwbacks. Both teams highly offended their former home and fans and should just leave well enough alone and not stoke the fires. What a cheap ploy by the Dodgers to try to cash in and make a buck off thier shameful history.

Yeah it's not unlike the situation where the Titans wore Oilers throwbacks a few years ago. It's insulting.

Archived