Red Wal-Mart sign

CS85

I was driving back from Downers Grove last night and saw a red wal-mart sign. It was much like this (not sure of it's location)

(edit: image link is broken)

I've never seen these before anywhere, I've visited walmarts from new orleans up to chicago and only seen this one (and obviously wherever the photograph originates from). It's obviously the old walmart lettering, but I've always seen those as white, not red. Is there any significance behind this?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I drove past there last night if I'm thinking of the same Walmart. It was dark, though, and I didn't pay attention to any signs. I'll probably drive by again while I'm home to check it out.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I drove past there last night if I'm thinking of the same Walmart. It was dark, though, and I didn't pay attention to any signs. I'll probably drive by again while I'm home to check it out.

Yeah it's the one off 75th st I think, I'm not overly familiar with that area yet. If you spy it, grab a pic! I'll do the same next time I'm in that neck of the woods.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Here's one that a Google search turned up.

walmart_byrdhouse.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

I have seen this rare type of walmart, passing by one day in bristol, pa.

heres a pic from flickr.

4420539478_92a9985026_z.jpg

It just seems like walmart liked to used different color chemes in their store design around then as the walmart I usually go to opened in 04 or 05 and uses the same design but different color scheme.

walmartgrant.jpg

It may have more to do with the local real estate laws than anything. Certain towns have restrictions when it comes to outdoor signage...some specify the sign might not be allowed to be backlit, others may require a wooden sign with small spotlights.

It's hard to tell from these specific pictures. If these Wal-Marts exist in shopping centers with other stores, you'd have to see their signage to know for sure.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

heres a pic from flickr.

4420539478_92a9985026_z.jpg

That's the kind I saw near Downers Grove. It was pretty freaky seeing that bright red sign scream at me from the night sky.

twitter

I saying this because I've noticed that all the stores shown are the old logo. So am I just living in a rare region? Do any other members here live near old signage Wal*Mart? Or the newer Walmart*?

I've been living by one for around eight years with the old sign. They're currently going through renovations and will be switching to the new sign soon

Manchester-City-icon.png

Does anyone remember back when the Wal*Mart storefronts were brown?

I was working at a Wal-Mart way back when and we went through a renovation from the old Brown front to the new Blue front. That buidling is now being used as a temporary school since they built a SuperCenter nearby.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

heres a pic from flickr.

That's the kind I saw near Downers Grove. It was pretty freaky seeing that bright red sign scream at me from the night sky.

I think it's red because of the shopping center that it's in. I'm pretty sure it's always been like that, so the red Walmart sign just looks normal to me.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I saying this because I've noticed that all the stores shown are the old logo. So am I just living in a rare region? Do any other members here live near old signage Wal*Mart? Or the newer Walmart*?

All the Wal-Marts near me have the new signage up, but the ones aren't brand new were updated like a year or so ago. Before then they had the old signs like the photos above. I remember back in the early 2000's late 1990's the Wal-Marts in Colorado used a lot of red in their signs and displays. So the red signs might just be old ones that were never updated.

jNTsTyQ.png

walmart_byrdhouse.jpg

Looks like they just stripped the letters off the wall. They could LA Angels it and add a white line to the red letters on the red background though, but it would still suck.

walmart_byrdhouse.jpg

Looks like they just stripped the letters off the wall. They could LA Angels it and add a white line to the red letters on the red background though, but it would still suck.

It looks like its closed

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived