Houston Rockets Concept

Fifty8_Black O

Thanks for all the C&C guys keep it comin! Like most of you guys I thought #4 was the best option. I continued playing around with it and I think I'm down to these last three options before I settle on a primary. The first option is just option 4 from above, number 2 and number 3 I added a red ring as someone suggested to make the basketball look more like a planet and also to add more red to the concept. #3 I shrunk the ball to put more focus on the rocket portion. I'm not sure how I feel about the red ring, I like the idea of it but maybe I'm struggling with the exucution so some advice on that would be great. Also feel free to fling out some ideas for a secondary logo (I'm at a standstill with that) and I'm in the works on jersey sets now but I'd love some suggestions for those too (right now I'm working with a yellow away and white home, FYI). Also shout out to BaltimoreNewYorkGirl for her Rockets design that inspired me to post the concept, stay at it your NHL-NBA crossover is lookin good!rockets.jpg

thanks for the shoutout.. and thanks.. :grin:

wrb141.jpgnbahoopscardszxzx01.png

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

Im Abby.. nice to meet you

Go Os. Capitals. Mets. Ravens. Rangers. Knicks. Butler Bulldogs. Maryland. Kevin Harvick.

I hate the YANKEESS

Alright I've gotten to a point where I feel like I can share my progress. I've decided on a primary, I just went with the one I liked the best (this is my concept after all) and I made a simple alternate logo featuring the state of Texas with houston rocket text over top. I am open to suggestions on that. I've got some other prototypes I drew up that I may post but I think I'm ok with the simple alt logo. The rest is self explanatory, the jerseys are based off these. I am working on a third jersey but I feel like this may just end with two. I'd like to get some good c&c on these and I might keep this going with another team if there is interest? I have a Clippers logo I've been playing with. But lets hear what you guys think about these:

houstonfinal.jpg

The red jersey is money, i like it better than the yellow. For the alternate, i think it work better if you just put "h," "r," or "hr" instead of the entire team name. It comes off almost as another primary logo. Also, the back numbers seem pretty small. Maybe enlarge them? They should be a good deal bigger than the front numbers

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

#3 seems REALLY busy too me! You got a lot of elements in there ... the ball, the rocket, the rocket's flames, the city name, the team name and the ring around the ball. I like #1, but would ditch the flames and have the rocket more centred in the logo.

Sorry ... I also think the shorts are too busy as well. The top is nice, but the shorts have nine lines, three colours and busy little logo on the sides!

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

I like the font and colors. I think you are on the right track, but you need to find that balance of incorporating the elements better. With that said, I like the retro feel of this.

Other ideas:

I think the red jetstream should be incorporated into the ball lines. And perhaps put a subtle reference of the ball replicating the moon (maybe with shadowing?)

You could also maybe arch "houston" in the upper left part of the ball, and "rockets" in the lower right. Which would mean taking out the wordmark in the rocket all together. This could give you more to play with for the logo itself.

Archived