2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like both teams are gonna have to wait a little longer for some "Breakfast in America"

yeahhhh.jpg

But in all seriousness, I don't mind the 2 days off. As said before, it gives CBC it's traditional HNIC on Saturday plus gives a good balance to the NBA Finals

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I am going to game 2. This is already the best birthday ever with just getting an authentic pavel bure jersey and now this. Holy :censored:. A Canucks Stanley cup will make this flawless.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

Oh for :censored: s sake, don't tell me Vancouver's economy has collapsed too.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Sounds like Mahlotra may play, and Alberts may go in for Hamhuis. The second seems pretty dumb, I don't think the Canucks should care about a physical battle with the Bruins forwards, quick passes from Ballard would do a better job of replacing Hamhuis.

It's a shame AV crippled Ballard's confidence this season with the way he handled him.

Whether Stamkos gets poached or they have to pay him market value, let's see what a freakin' genius Steve Yzerman is now.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Like they said on the radio, biting can only be done by intending to bite.

It's not a reflexive action. The teeth would just rest there on his finger if Burrows didn't intend to bite.

So finding no intent is complete hogwash.

At least without the suspension, Vancouver has no excuses losing tonight, nor can they say the NHL favored Boston because of Campbell.

My prediction for tonight:

Boston 4 Vancouver 2.

And for God's sake get Seguin on the PP instead of Recchi, whom has now gone a full month without a PP point.

sig-1.png

It isn't about intent really, as was said earlier, its about "this is the freaking Stanley Cup Final and this was a minor incident"

I mean, if Horton didn't get a game for spraying water at a fan and allegedly tossing a water bottle at them in the Boston-Tampa series, did you really think this was going to merit a game?

It isn't about intent really, as was said earlier, its about "this is the freaking Stanley Cup Final and this was a minor incident"

I mean, if Horton didn't get a game for spraying water at a fan and allegedly tossing a water bottle at them in the Boston-Tampa series, did you really think this was going to merit a game?

So no bitching if Chara puts somebody in the turnbuckle, 'kay Canucks fans?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So no bitching if Chara puts somebody in the turnbuckle, 'kay Canucks fans?

Yeah, because driving a players head into a solid object which could potentially cause permanent brain damage or a broken neck (not that I think Chara did that intentionally to the Canadiens player) is totally on the same level as someone getting a little chomp on the finger which wouldn't even cause them to miss a shift.

I look forward to your next ridiculous out of proportion comparison.

Honestly, I think some of you folks have confused Burrows for this fellow.

jaws-grill.jpg

Yeah, biting is silly and shouldn't happen, but it is no more egregious than the thousands of fash washes, cross checks, slashes to unprotected wrists and gloved punches to the face that are dealt out every game, and less likely to cause an injury than most of those.

A bite from Alex Burrows could cause a serious infection if it breaks the skin, seeing as how the guy eats sh-t and all.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

No. And that is fine with me.

I was just pointing out the NHL's usual ridiculousness in the reasoning given behind the decision.

I would rather they just said "this is the freaking Stanley Cup Final and this was a minor incident".

sig-1.png

Archived