2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recommend the Boston goalie NOT make the flight back.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I recommend the Boston goalie NOT make the flight back.

Yup, Thomas leaving the crease with no teammates in any position to cover his weak side was suicidally stupid.

CCSLC signature.png

Scored on by a guy who shouldn't have been in this game to begin with and it happened twice. Ference commits yet another turnover and Zdeno Chara proves to be overrated once again. Yeah, you guys up in Vancouver were 100% right - the NHL is definitely gonna show favoritism towards the Bruins because of Gregory Campbell. Give me a break.

Oh well. They were down 2-0 in these playoffs to another Canadian team this postseason and it ended well.

Could be argued that Chara shouldn't have been in the playoffs let alone this game........................er, maybe. I'm glad he didn't get the suspension though, childish and stupid as it was, so is diving and haven't seen any game suspensions for embellishment.

Very good point on the second part though. Can't wait to see what happens in Boston.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

If I were a Bruin's fan, I'd be complaining about my tragically inept powerplay and routinely exposed defensive coverage that is unable to cope with Vancouver's speed.

Honestly, your goaltender has been the best player in both of these games, with a goalie on less of a roll, I think this wouldn't even be close.

That said, I still believe this is coming back to Vancouver.

Even though the Canucks have a ton of momentum, I don't think it's time to count out the Bruins just yet. Last year looked like all Chicago before Philly tied it up after their homestand. I think the B's can steal one at home if they can get their offense clicking.

That being said, I think the 'Nucks have a real edge here. They're clicking a bit more than the Bruins and Luongo's been solid. Luckily for the Bruins, Thomas has been even stronger aside from that OT brainfart. That being said, I can see Vancouver taking a 3-1 series lead out of Boston.

And for the record, even though I've been squarely on the Bruins bandwagon since the quarterfinals (as the avatar suggests, it also helps I spent almost the first six years of my life in south central New Hampshire or whatever you call in between Concord and Manchester), I'd be fine with the Canucks winning the Cup too. Either way, it will be a nice end to a championship drought and both teams are likeable to me.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Even though it's 2-0, "steal one at home" is a bit dramatic. This is not the hallowed juggernaut all of Canada has been frothing over. They are a great team, but hardly dominant over the Bruins. Both of these games could have easily gone either way and a big reason they both went Vancouver's is that Boston has started playing like smelly ass in each 3rd period while the Canucks have sustained their offensive pressure. The B's have been a third period team all playoffs and I don't think they just forgot how to close.

Against Montreal, we lost the first two at home in much more convincing fashion. These first two games have shown that this is a pretty even matchup and as such, I think it is far from over.

If I were a Bruin's fan, I'd be complaining about my tragically inept powerplay and routinely exposed defensive coverage that is unable to cope with Vancouver's speed.

It's not the speed of Vancouver that is killing or "exposing" the Boston defense, it's awful, bonehead decisions by the likes of Johnny Boychuk.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

It's not the speed of Vancouver that is killing or "exposing" the Boston defense, it's awful, bonehead decisions by the likes of Johnny Boychuk.

Ah, but not tonight. Perhaps Ference should find another 80's clothing item on eBay to give to the goat of each game. He needs to make sure it is in his size, though.

And seriously, if your top two players are doing that less than 20 seconds into overtime, you should lose. I would have felt better if game 1 had happened again so I wouldn't have had to wait around 18 minutes to see it end in the time it took to get my OT beer and get back on the couch.

Bruins could be on their way to a 5th consecutive Finals loss to a superior team from Canada.

1977 Montreal 4-0

1978 Montreal 4-2

1988 Edmonton 4-1

1990 Edmonton 4-0

It's not over, but the better team pulls out wins exactly the way Vancouver has.

Boston will have to win both games 3 and 4 to have a shot at the upset.

sig-1.png

Even though it's 2-0, "steal one at home" is a bit dramatic. This is not the hallowed juggernaut all of Canada has been frothing over. They are a great team, but hardly dominant over the Bruins. Both of these games could have easily gone either way and a big reason they both went Vancouver's is that Boston has started playing like smelly ass in each 3rd period while the Canucks have sustained their offensive pressure. The B's have been a third period team all playoffs and I don't think they just forgot how to close.

Against Montreal, we lost the first two at home in much more convincing fashion. These first two games have shown that this is a pretty even matchup and as such, I think it is far from over.

Vancouver was pretty dominant in the 3rd in Game One, maybe less so in the 3rd in Game Two. Maybe the B's were getting tired late in the game being unused to the timezone. Though with the 5pm west coast starts, that shouldn't really be a problem.

Ignoring team love and hate for a moment, what a great night for Manny Malhotra. It was good to see him back on the ice. In the pregame, when they showed him on the bench, I questioned whether it was a good idea to have him back. The game showed how valuable he could be to the Canucks. Faceoff wins and gave that 4th line a good jump.

Archived