2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

I wonder what Julien thinks about his players doing the finger taunt after saying that he wouldn't allow that in his organization. Seems a wee bit hypocritical.

Oh, stop it. It's called the heat of the moment. The "pro-Boston media" isn't out there. The coach isn't out there. It's easy for a coach to say "we're not going to do that" and then a player doing it to get under the skin of the opposition. Have the Canucks stop embellishing hits and I'm sure the Bruins won't mock the finger bite anymore.

What a game, though. Everybody showed up to play from Milan Lucic to Daniel Paille. What a GREAT goal by Brad Marchand, too! For a smaller guy, he's absolutely nasty at getting body position on a defenseman and then he absolutely tooled Roberto Luongo. Hopefully the Bruins can keep this up in game four.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what Julien thinks about his players doing the finger taunt after saying that he wouldn't allow that in his organization. Seems a wee bit hypocritical.

Oh, stop it. It's called the heat of the moment. The "pro-Boston media" isn't out there. The coach isn't out there. It's easy for a coach to say "we're not going to do that" and then a player doing it to get under the skin of the opposition. Have the Canucks stop embellishing hits and I'm sure the Bruins won't mock the finger bite anymore.

What a game, though. Everybody showed up to play from Milan Lucic to Daniel Paille. What a GREAT goal by Brad Marchand, too! For a smaller guy, he's absolutely nasty at getting body position on a defenseman and then he absolutely tooled Roberto Luongo. Hopefully the Bruins can keep this up in game four.

No kidding, I used to have a liking for the Canucks before this series. Admittedly, I never watched that many games but for some reason I liked them. Not anymore, people complain about Boston fans being outlandish and ignorant, you Canucks fans are just as bad (not all of you). I can't stand this team, at all. Admiral's Pierzynski reference was spot on, they just get under your skin; nothing better then seeing them flat out quit in the third period. I'm mildly surprised Sedin went a whole ten minutes in the box without flopping once, good on him.

As for the game, I'd have to say this is the most complete performance I've seen the Bruins put together since Claude has been here. Am I wrong, Brass? The passing was as crisp as I've ever seen it under this regime, great decisions, shut down defense, they gained the zone without their dump and chase/turnover scheme; I almost forgot I was watching the Bruins. If history means anything, the Bruins will come out Wednesday and play like total garbage, but let's hope I'm wrong and they finally carry some momentum from game to game.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

No kidding, I used to have a liking for the Canucks before this series. Admittedly, I never watched that many games but for some reason I liked them. Not anymore, people complain about Boston fans being outlandish and ignorant, you Canucks fans are just as bad (not all of you). I can't stand this team, at all. Admiral's Pierzynski reference was spot on, they just get under your skin; nothing better then seeing them flat out quit in the third period. I'm mildly surprised Sedin went a whole ten minutes in the box without flopping once, good on him.

As for the game, I'd have to say this is the most complete performance I've seen the Bruins put together since Claude has been here. Am I wrong, Brass? The passing was as crisp as I've ever seen it under this regime, great decisions, shut down defense, they gained the zone without their dump and chase/turnover scheme; I almost forgot I was watching the Bruins. If history means anything, the Bruins will come out Wednesday and play like total garbage, but let's hope I'm wrong and they finally carry some momentum from game to game.

I'd say you're correct. Probably better than their 7-0 thrashing of Montreal a few months ago. Not doing the dump and chase system worked wonders, as they just don't have the legs for it, especially against Vancouver. I thought they were going to go with that after they scored the first goal and hope they could shut the 'Nucks down defensively, but they didn't. They did what any team with a lead is supposed to do in the Finals - go for the jugular. If this game rocks Luongo, the Bruins have a great chance of winning the Stanley Cup, hopefully in game six. Thomas is on a roll and in the playoffs, having a hot goalie is a priority.

Was I the only one surprised by the Ryder/Campbell/Paille powerplay, either? Despite Ryder putting the puck in the back of the net, Campbell set a really good screen in front of Luongo to allow it.

Then have Rome out of the rest of the series, too. Have the punishment match the crime.

what the hell is ccslc?

Yeah, I don't think many people in Vancouver are going to be pissed that Rome's out.

Because, dear reader, the number one goal of a suspension is to piss off the fans. :rolleyes:

what the hell is ccslc?

Yeah, I don't think many people in Vancouver are going to be pissed that Rome's out.

Because, dear reader, the number one goal of a suspension is to piss off the fans. :rolleyes:

... pissing of the fans is the goal of NOT handing out a suspension...

I saw, I came, I left.

I think the point Lee was trying to make is that Rome is not exactly Vancouver's top defenseman, and can be easily replaced in the lineup, so it's not like the fans will be rioting in the streets over him not being on the ice.

Right?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

More or less. I'm also sick of the "tit for tat" suspension angle that people like to go for, and if I really need to explain that one to everyone, I'd be more than happy to.

Last night was the result of a pumped Bruins squad, spurred on by an injury from an unfortunate hit, and Vancouver being down a defenseman (which was a questionable decision, but Bruins fans will be unable to see the logic in that theory). The entire Canucks squad gave up in the third, Luongo was left out to dry, and this happened. I expect a much different, and much more violent, game 4.

edit 1: Recchi and Lucic shoving their fingers towards the Canucks were "heat of the moment?" Bitch please. I'm not defending Burrows, but I don't care who it is, if someone shoves their fingers in my mouth during a game, :censored:ing right I'm chomping down.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Like I mentioned before, I only saw 2 Canucks hustle when they were on the ice, Bieksa and Malhotra.

Hard to play against a charged up team when 21 other guys give up early.

I thought I mentioned those two specifically. Oh well.

It felt nice to have the Bruins fight back instead of playing a passive game. Also easier when you have two obvious villians to hate.

And I only had twitter access on my cell phone the first two games, it's harder to update that often.

Brass-like? That hurts. :upside:

Rome suspended for the remainder of the finals.

The canucks do seem to fold up when things get ugly fast. I'm surprised they leave luongo out there to suffer.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

edit 1: Recchi and Lucic shoving their fingers towards the Canucks were "heat of the moment?" Bitch please. I'm not defending Burrows, but I don't care who it is, if someone shoves their fingers in my mouth during a game, :censored:ing right I'm chomping down.

What these guys do with their fingers in the bedroom is their own business... don't bring it to the ice...

Brass-like? That hurts. :upside:

It was a chair-shot, wasn't it?

Disappointed, yet predictable.

I saw, I came, I left.

So, as I try to analyze the suspension, I should break it down as 1 game for the actual hit, 2 games for the end result, plus another game for "oops we goofed and let things get to this point whoopsie-daisy", right?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Canucks are the small, yappie, loudmouth bully that talks s**t and pokes fun and jabs at the bigger kids because they know the bigger kids won't fight back...

Funny you say that. My impression of Corey Perry has always been the kid that stands behind the bully and says "yeah!" every now and then, which given the makeup of recent Ducks rosters, is actually kind of what Corey Perry is.

Well that was unprovoked. Corey does poke the bull (See: falls on goaltender) and usually doesn't actually end up in the altercation and pisses people off, but then he'll turn the other way and score 50 goals and, well, piss people off... So whatever.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The canucks do seem to fold up when things get ugly fast. I'm surprised they leave luongo out there to suffer.

Rome gets 4 games

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Well, Brass-like proportions are always better than Lee-like proportions.

If people didn't have a problem with Burrows biting Bergeron's finger, then isn't a bit hypocritical for them to condemn the taunting? Yes, it is. It's another case of "it's ok for me or my team to do it, but it's not ok for you or your team to do it."

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived