2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Words can't describe how much I enjoy watching Vancouver lose.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Man this thing is a SERIES. No love lost at all, love it. Take it to them Boston, don't let these punks come to your rink and try to strut. Awesome hockey game.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Scheduling Loss

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You'd think not having Nathan Horton would be a huge advantage for Vancouver. I guess not.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Bruins are in their heads.

Minimal chippyness through 2 periods and the Bs still intimidated the Cs.

PK is doing the job.

I wish Luongo stayed in all game, but I knew he would be pulled after a 4th goal.

Huge game 5 in Canada.

If the Bruins win I think the Canucks will pull the el foldo in game 6.

A Vancouver win could re-energize them for a Cup shot in the Gah-den.

sig-1.png

bear_sedingnomes.jpg

I believe I posted this last week. It was created by a Bruins blog called "Days of Y'Orr" and was actually featured in a Vancouver paper in regards to how Vancouver has the Green Men and the Bruins have the Bear posters. Some Canuck fan actually had the audacity to say "We have our green guys, they can have their gnomes. Ours are better. We have original stuff." Yes, because the Green Men aren't stolen from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia or anything. :rolleyes:

Anyway, great game! Awesome to see the Bruins bringing the momentum over from game three into game four. Again, great effort from top to bottom. Fourth line played particularly well again with Campbell showing why he's one of the best defensive players on the team and Paille continuing to bust his butt on a nightly basis. Thornton's energy was, as usual, helpful to the team. Can't wait for game five on Friday!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Never seen a series tilt so dramatically like this. The Canucks clearly looked like the better team in the first two games, but Boston has completely outclassed them since the series went to the Gahden (more specifically, since "The Hit."). It's weird, both Finals series in the NBA & NHL are 2-2, but the NBA's series is still a toss-up at this point. The Bruins have taken absolute control of this series thanks to these past 2 games. It's crazy.

The Canucks had to get over some head games way back in the 1st round, and I guess they'll need to get over it again in the Finals.

Hockey Night in Canada did their third period "Close-Up" feature on the Sedin twins. I was shocked to realize that they had made the trip to Boston.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Cute seeing Burrows get the business end of Timmy's stick then curl up in the fetal position after he shoved him to the ground. This guy is the definition of a douchebag. I also very much loved the complaing by Olczyk (I think) about Marchand going low on Sedin. It was a late hit to begin with, nice cartwheel Sedin, you go girl.

Anyways, once again the Bruins raise the bar and the Canucks fail to match them. Brutally outplayed in every aspect of the game. I'm completely okay with Vancouver refusing to pressure Thomas. This guy is the definition of aggressive and they're doing nothing to curtail that; until they do you can expect the same type of performance you saw tonight.

As for the refs, I haven't read all the posts but were they particularly awful tonight or was it just me? A bunch of ticky-tack offsides calls for both sides and I saw 2 questionable penalties, one for each team.

I also very much loved the complaing by Olczyk (I think) about Marchand going low on Sedin. It was a late hit to begin with, nice cartwheel Sedin, you go girl.

Not to mention Sedin waiting until Marchand's back was to him before going after him.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Cute seeing Burrows get the business end of Timmy's stick then curl up in the fetal position after he shoved him to the ground. This guy is the definition of a douchebag. I also very much loved the complaing by Olczyk (I think) about Marchand going low on Sedin. It was a late hit to begin with, nice cartwheel Sedin, you go girl.

Anyways, once again the Bruins raise the bar and the Canucks fail to match them. Brutally outplayed in every aspect of the game. I'm completely okay with Vancouver refusing to pressure Thomas. This guy is the definition of aggressive and they're doing nothing to curtail that; until they do you can expect the same type of performance you saw tonight.

As for the refs, I haven't read all the posts but were they particularly awful tonight or was it just me? A bunch of ticky-tack offsides calls for both sides and I saw 2 questionable penalties, one for each team.

I don't understand, the play is either offsides or not. What's ticky-tack about it?

Archived