2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry, I know how frustrating it is when your so close against the Canucks.

You're a Flames fan. You have no idea what it's like to be so close against the Canucks.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I thought both teams played a very smart game (Of course no one scores on the PP and that'll help) but really all it took was Lappierre to throw it on net and beat Tim Thom.

1st Star - Luongo

2nd Star - Luongo

3rd Star - Lapierre

Bruins have done everything but win in Vancouver that's all and if they get it to a Game 7, not a better time to get it done.

I know it's a lot easier for a neutral to get over this, Flames were in the exact same situation in 2004. Cup was in the building, home ice and they blew it and it bit them in the a$$ in Game 7. I know what it's like right now believe me.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Wow.

What a miserable and frustrating game to watch. The Bruins, even when down by one with two minutes to go, showed little signs of urgency. And again, it was fundamental things that they lacked like puck control, clean passing and clock awareness (I'm looking at you, Zdeno Chara.)

This series isn't over by a long shot, though. I expect the B's to come out big on Monday night. At least, they better.

BTW, is Claude Julien the only coach in the entire National Hockey League who doesn't talk to his team during a timeout and leaves it for his assistants? I'm not blaming him for the lost (though his constant shuffling of lines didn't help) but just an honest question.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I thought both teams played a very smart game (Of course no one scores on the PP and that'll help) but really all it took was Lappierre to throw it on net and beat Tim Thom.

1st Star - Luongo

2nd Star - Luongo

3rd Star - Lapierre

Bruins have done everything but win in Vancouver that's all and if they get it to a Game 7, not a better time to get it done.

I know it's a lot easier for a neutral to get over this, Flames were in the exact same situation in 2004. Cup was in the building, home ice and they blew it and it bit them in the a$$ in Game 7. I know what it's like right now believe me.

I couldn't take it if I was a canucks fan. 1, I'd hate myself every day for owning a sedin jersey and for the 80's/90's sweaters, and 2, Luongo's schizophrenia in net would make me go insane. He's either legendary or a total putz.

And I saw the same things you did, brass. I saw very little hustle in Boston for most of the night. They played great on D, but barely did anything besides dump and chase on offense. They couldn't keep the puck inside their blue line at all, and didn't show any desperation until the final minute when they had the extra man.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Wow.

What a miserable and frustrating game to watch. The Bruins, even when down by one with two minutes to go, showed little signs of urgency. And again, it was fundamental things that they lacked like puck control, clean passing and clock awareness (I'm looking at you, Zdeno Chara.)

This series isn't over by a long shot, though. I expect the B's to come out big on Monday night. At least, they better.

BTW, is Claude Julien the only coach in the entire National Hockey League who doesn't talk to his team during a timeout and leaves it for his assistants? I'm not blaming him for the lost (though his constant shuffling of lines didn't help) but just an honest question.

Many assistant coaches are in charge of the powerplay, for example (an assistant is for Vancouver), so they might be in charge of drawing up the play with an empty net too.

I was glad to see the Vancouver crowd was a little louder today and not too paralysed with nerves. The reffing was brutal today, B's seemed to be allowed to get away with all kinds of :censored: with no penalties.

Missing: Two twins, gender: male? Answer to Henrik and Daniel. Last seen vs. San Jose Sharks. Likely accompanied by a man wearing a red and white striped shirt.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Missing: Two twins, gender: male? Answer to Henrik and Daniel. Last seen vs. San Jose Sharks. Likely accompanied by a man wearing a red and white striped shirt.

These two fit the description a little.

Thelma_Louise_Sedins.jpg

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

These two fit the description a little.

Thelma_Louise_Sedins.jpg

Nicely done.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

It would really surprise me if Vancouver wins in Boston in game 6. In games 3 and 4 they looked completely overwhelmed by the energy of the Bruins and the fans in the building. I predict a game 7.

And Luongo. Yeesh. He starts with a shutout, gives up 14 goals in three games, and then pitches another shutout. The Canucks should throw him through some bipolar disorder tests.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Wow.

THAT was Boston Bruins hockey. Dump and chase, blind passes, overall confusion. Didn't think we would see that again after games 3 and 4 and their general domination on the road (save games 1 and 2) these playoffs. Oh well, not shocked this is going 7.

ONE WIN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY :censored: WHAT A GAME

Enjoy the weekend.

I know I'd be stoked all weekend if the Bruins won.

Sorry if I'm rubbing it in too much, I'm just ridiculously excited about this.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

I agree this series has been too good not to go the distance. I fully expect the Bruins to win Game 6. Meaning it will all come down to Wednesday in Game 7. Although this series has been home cooking I give the Bruins a fighting chance in Game 7 as all three games in Vancouver have been as close as close can be.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Aggregate score in series thru 5 games: Boston 13, Vancouver 6.

Too bad for the Bruins that playoff series aren't decided on aggregate.

Pending results of games six (and if necessary seven), this could turn out to be hockey's version of the 1960 World Series. Then the Yankees out scored the Pirates 55-27, but lost the series in seven games (on Mazeroski's) home run.

Enjoy the weekend.

Not rubbing it in at all.

I would have been saying the same thing.

I was couple months shy of age 3 in '72 and Boston hasn't won more than 2 games in their 5 Finals since.

It wasn't meant sarcastically, I just know how exciting it must be around there.

sig-1.png

Enjoy the weekend.

Why be sorry? If Boston had won everyone on the B's bandwagon would be saying much, much worse and in a far more irritating manner.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived