2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

Rome may appeal suspension. leave it up to the magical sedin to grace us with his ever-profound insight:

There’s also concern in the Rome camp that he is being punished more severely because he isn’t a big-name defenseman. Bousquet pointed out that more prominent defensemen like Zdeno Chara and Chris Pronger have received what he believes are lenient decisions because of their prominence in the sport.

Daniel Sedin didn’t exactly shoot down that theory on Tuesday.

“Romer gets killed down in San Jose and nothing happens,” Sedin said. “Obviously now he laid the hit and he gets four games. I don’t know, it’s a tough call.”

The appeal process would have to go through NHL commissioner Gary Bettman, which doesn’t work in Rome’s favor. Mike Murphy, who handed out the suspension, works for the league and said he consulted with plenty of people before making his decision. Expect the appeal process to be a negotiating point in upcoming CBA negotiations.

Bousquet said he’s been impressed with how the Canucks have rallied around Rome. The team is taking him out to dinner in Boston tonight to show their support.

“We support him,” Sedin said. “His intentions were never to hurt anyone.”

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/feed/2011-05/canucksbruins/story/agent-canucks-rome-considering-appeal-for-suspension-after-horton-hit-stanley-cu#ixzz1OdEWFjKd

sheesh. i don't know if his intention was to hurt, but watch the play. he friggin blindsided him right into his head. there's no 'whoops,' he decks the living hell out of him.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rome may appeal suspension. leave it up to the magical sedin to grace us with his ever-profound insight:

There’s also concern in the Rome camp that he is being punished more severely because he isn’t a big-name defenseman. Bousquet pointed out that more prominent defensemen like Zdeno Chara and Chris Pronger have received what he believes are lenient decisions because of their prominence in the sport.

Daniel Sedin didn’t exactly shoot down that theory on Tuesday.

“Romer gets killed down in San Jose and nothing happens,” Sedin said. “Obviously now he laid the hit and he gets four games. I don’t know, it’s a tough call.”

The appeal process would have to go through NHL commissioner Gary Bettman, which doesn’t work in Rome’s favor. Mike Murphy, who handed out the suspension, works for the league and said he consulted with plenty of people before making his decision. Expect the appeal process to be a negotiating point in upcoming CBA negotiations.

Bousquet said he’s been impressed with how the Canucks have rallied around Rome. The team is taking him out to dinner in Boston tonight to show their support.

“We support him,” Sedin said. “His intentions were never to hurt anyone.”

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/feed/2011-05/canucksbruins/story/agent-canucks-rome-considering-appeal-for-suspension-after-horton-hit-stanley-cu#ixzz1OdEWFjKd

sheesh. i don't know if his intention was to hurt, but watch the play. he friggin blindsided him right into his head. there's no 'whoops,' he decks the living hell out of him.1bcbac0e21

1. Sedin isn't exactly lying about anything here. McGinn took out two defensemen in a single game in the San Jose series, including giving Rome a concussion, and the NHL handed down a writ of "boys will be boys." Setting a precedent in the finals is questionable at best.

2. how do you blindside someone right in front of you on a north-south play? I agree that the hit was late, but all of the "Pacioretty knew where be was at all times" crowd is flip flopping on this one like mad.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

There's also concern in the Rome camp that he is being punished more severely because he isn't a big-name defenseman. Bousquet pointed out that more prominent defensemen like Zdeno Chara and Chris Pronger have received what he believes are lenient decisions because of their prominence in the sport.

Daniel Sedin didn't exactly shoot down that theory on Tuesday.

"Romer gets killed down in San Jose and nothing happens," Sedin said. "Obviously now he laid the hit and he gets four games. I don't know, it's a tough call."

The appeal process would have to go through NHL commissioner Gary Bettman, which doesn't work in Rome's favor. Mike Murphy, who handed out the suspension, works for the league and said he consulted with plenty of people before making his decision. Expect the appeal process to be a negotiating point in upcoming CBA negotiations.

Bousquet said he's been impressed with how the Canucks have rallied around Rome. The team is taking him out to dinner in Boston tonight to show their support.

"We support him," Sedin said. "His intentions were never to hurt anyone."

Read more: http://aol.sportingn...u#ixzz1OdEWFjKd

sheesh. i don't know if his intention was to hurt, but watch the play. he friggin blindsided him right into his head. there's no 'whoops,' he decks the living hell out of him.1bcbac0e21

1. Sedin isn't exactly lying about anything here. McGinn took out two defensemen in a sine game in the San Jose series, including giving Rome a concussion, and the NHL handed down a writ of "boys will be boys." Setting a precedent in the finals is questionable at best.

2. how do you blindside someone right in front of you on a north-south play? I agree that the hit was late, but all of the "Pacioretty knew where be was at all times" crowd is flip flopping on this one like mad.

Fat fingers or small iphone keys?

Oh, and I don't think it's right to penalize the injury instead of the play. But even taking out the supposed erroneous blindside, it's still a late hit and the referee has the leeway to issue a 5 and a game where he sees fit for interference. What happened with the league after that, well, I think fans of both teams are kind of shaking their heads at this rounds wheel of discipline.

Yeah, it was not a blindside hit.

People think this because Horton was watching the pass go to Lucic which made it seem like the hit came

from the blindside.

I'm surprised Rome is out for the series.

sig-1.png

I'm not saying that Rome should have gotten away cleanly. I just keep wondering where the consistency is.

Did you forget what league you're watching?

I think we're going to start seeing more consistency on these kinds of hits, with the scale more towards the heavy-handed side.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Which is fine, great even. Start showing players that stupid :censored: shouldn't be tolerated.

I question the timing. We KNOW Uncle Colin is out, but Christ on a cracker, ROME for four games? If it were Torres, okay, four. Maybe even five, because all of a sudden, he's The Dirtiest Player in Hockey©. A guy with zero history of violence and who got concussed and taken out of a game or two in the previous series gets four games? Terrible move.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The Canucks made the Bruins mad, and the Canucks don't like them when their angry.

They were lucky to be up 2-0, got away with Burrows bite and they mocked the Bruins on top of it. Too much as some one said earlier A.J. Pierzynski.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Is this starting to look like the 2003 finals? Home team winning each game.

I think thats how its going to be in this series. Each team exploits the matchups and its working. These are 2 top notch coaches. Each has their flaws but they know how to do their jobs for the most part.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived