2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

Rome suspended for the remainder of the finals.

Hard to play against a charged up team when 21 other guys give up early.

The canucks do seem to fold up when things get ugly fast. I'm surprised they leave luongo out there to suffer.

Rome gets 4 games

That is the remainder.

4, 5, possibly 6, possibly 7

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see anything about the Canucks condemning the taunting, but then again, I haven't read many reports. My impression was that both teams had 'moved on' from the incident, with Julien particularly disgusted by fingers in general. I guess things change in a hurry.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The canucks do seem to fold up when things get ugly fast. I'm surprised they leave luongo out there to suffer.

Rome gets 4 games

That is the remainder.

Indeed, that's why I said remainder of the finals, because to my knowledge they don't play a best of 9.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I didn't see anything about the Canucks condemning the taunting, but then again, I haven't read many reports. My impression was that both teams had 'moved on' from the incident, with Julien particularly disgusted by fingers in general. I guess things change in a hurry.

I highly doubt that Claude Julien told his players "hey, go out there and shove your fingers in their faces." He probably spoke to the team after game two and said enough with the finger crap. The team agreed (because what else are they supposed to do?) and focused on game three. Then, the scrums after the whistle started. If you want to get under somebody's skin, you're going to do something that hits close to home like Burrows and the bite. You're going to do it without thinking and not stop and go "oh, wait, Coach told us not to do that." Believing that Claude Julien controls every little aspect of his team on the ice is ridiculous.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Enough of this quibbling; let's focus on some Real Canadian Heroes, those brave few Canucks fans with thousands of dollars in disposable income who would dare set foot in the fetid hell of Boston. True courage ignites the soul of a nation.

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=565021

Honestly, WWE writers would reject this heel turn as being "too aggressive".

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Rome gets 4 games

That is the remainder.

Indeed, that's why I said remainder of the finals, because to my knowledge they don't play a best of 9.

Yes, but if this ends in 5, does he have to serve the rest of the games next year?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I highly doubt that Claude Julien told his players "hey, go out there and shove your fingers in their faces." He probably spoke to the team after game two and said enough with the finger crap. The team agreed (because what else are they supposed to do?) and focused on game three. Then, the scrums after the whistle started. If you want to get under somebody's skin, you're going to do something that hits close to home like Burrows and the bite. You're going to do it without thinking and not stop and go "oh, wait, Coach told us not to do that." Believing that Claude Julien controls every little aspect of his team on the ice is ridiculous.

Julien chews out Recchi and Lucic for finger taunting

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Rome gets 4 games

That is the remainder.

Yes, but if this ends in 5, does he have to serve the rest of the games next year?

Yup.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

[Yes, but if this ends in 5, does he have to serve the rest of the games next year?

I read it on either Twitter or Boston.com, Rome has to serve the 4 games. If the series ends early, the suspension carries over to the 2011-12 regular season.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Moral of the story? If you're gonna knock somebody out, 1. be a star player, and 2. run them into a stanchion instead.

Quoted for truth.

Quoted to show butthurt Canadians trying to still play the Chara card...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Then have Rome out of the rest of the series, too. Have the punishment match the crime.

This is bad policy. This just opens itself up to crappy gamesmanship when you can knock a divisional rival's top player out for the year by LTIRing (how do we say this? littering?) Gord Callup with a season-ending injury.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Not butthurt at all. But when the disciplinary committee calls Brian Burke, among others, to determine what kind if suspension should be handed down, you start wondering what's going on.

I'm not saying that Rome should have gotten away cleanly. I just keep wondering where the consistency is.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Not butthurt at all. But when the disciplinary committee calls Brian Burke, among others, to determine what kind if suspension should be handed down, you start wondering what's going on.

I'm not saying that Rome should have gotten away cleanly. I just keep wondering where the consistency is.

Why waste time wondering? There is no consistency. I would've given Rome two. Either way, team-bias aside, the NHL punishment system is an absolute joke.

Don't worry, everything is magically going to get better when Brendan Shanahan takes over discipline, just like how Steve Yzerman magically transformed the Tampa Bay Lightning. Stay tuned for a revolutionizing of the NHL's twitter feed courtesy of Kirk Maltby.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived