2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

Even though it's 2-0, "steal one at home" is a bit dramatic. This is not the hallowed juggernaut all of Canada has been frothing over. They are a great team, but hardly dominant over the Bruins. Both of these games could have easily gone either way and a big reason they both went Vancouver's is that Boston has started playing like smelly ass in each 3rd period while the Canucks have sustained their offensive pressure. The B's have been a third period team all playoffs and I don't think they just forgot how to close.

Against Montreal, we lost the first two at home in much more convincing fashion. These first two games have shown that this is a pretty even matchup and as such, I think it is far from over.

Vancouver was pretty dominant in the 3rd in Game One, maybe less so in the 3rd in Game Two. Maybe the B's were getting tired late in the game being unused to the timezone. Though with the 5pm west coast starts, that shouldn't really be a problem.

They were both pretty bad. I sure hope it's not fatigue because you just can't get tired all of a sudden at that point in the game and expect to win, no matter which time zone you're in.

You know who is definitely not fatigued? Tyler Seguin. Because he has riding the :censored:ing bench with 6-8 minutes a game while Mark Recchi's old, slow ass has been getting 15+. Thanks Claude, your unheralded "disciplining" of young and extremely talented players is really helping the team here. Idiot.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody else feeling indifferent about this series? For those who don't have a horse in the race, do you care at all? I love hockey like none other and watched every minute of the Finals the past few years but just don't care about this one.

Anybody else feeling indifferent about this series? For those who don't have a horse in the race, do you care at all? I love hockey like none other and watched every minute of the Finals the past few years but just don't care about this one.

It would seem people disagree.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stanleycup/story/2011/06/02/sp-us-cup-ratings.html

http://www.thecanadianpress.com/english/online/OnlineFullStory.aspx?filename=DOR-MNN-CP.73e96ef3e02d44a5a2f1f5a55065c4ba.CPKEY2008111306&newsitemid=7032637&languageid=1

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stanleycup/story/2011/06/02/sp-us-cup-ratings.html

http://www.thecanadianpress.com/english/online/OnlineFullStory.aspx?filename=DOR-MNN-CP.73e96ef3e02d44a5a2f1f5a55065c4ba.CPKEY2008111306&newsitemid=7032637&languageid=1

Really, Canadians are lapping up a Canadian team in the Finals? No way! ^_^

Most of them develop a lemming-like attitude come the playoffs towards the last remaining Canadian team. Which is why I mentioned for those who "don't have a horse in the race." Maybe it's because outside of detesting a few of the Canucks I don't have any strong feelings but I even preferred Red Wings vs Penguins Round II over this. I was just surprised to find that I didn't care because normally I'm riveted by the Finals and have been so far through the 2011 playoffs.

Most of them develop a lemming-like attitude come the playoffs towards the last remaining Canadian team. Which is why I mentioned for those who "don't have a horse in the race." Maybe it's because outside of detesting a few of the Canucks I don't have any strong feelings but I even preferred Red Wings vs Penguins Round II over this. I was just surprised to find that I didn't care because normally I'm riveted by the Finals and have been so far through the 2011 playoffs.

This is the most excited about the Finals as I have been in a long time. 2 teams aiming end droughts from great hockey markets (1 Canadian and 1 Original 6) is always a good matchup. Last year was a great matchup too but I despise the Flyers so you could say I had a dog in the race (the Flyers losing). The Canucks are a great great team. They rolled through the regular season and they finally vanquished their nemesis in the 1st round. The Bruins are a bit of an underdog so it makes for a good David/Goliath in the sense that the Bruins weren't horrible in the regular season but they hardly got the notice the Caps, Flyers, and Penguins did for their success. The Canucks are very versatile in their style of play which is why I knew the Presidents Trophy "curse" wasnt going to hit them like it did the one dimensional Caps last year. All in all I am very excited for every game in this series.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Most of them develop a lemming-like attitude come the playoffs towards the last remaining Canadian team. Which is why I mentioned for those who "don't have a horse in the race."

The CBC article mentioned that in addition to strong numbers in Canada the first game of the Finals on NBC scored the highest rating for a Stanley Cup Finals game in the United States since 1999. It's not just us in Canadaland that are excited about this series. A lot of Yanks seem invested as well.

Maybe it's because outside of detesting a few of the Canucks I don't have any strong feelings

You dislike players on the Canucks and the Bruins eliminated your Lightning in the Eastern Finals. I think I see why you're not interested in the outcome this year ^_^

I've got a message for Claude Julien: BITE ME! :P

Bruins coach angry at Canucks

What happened to the Bruins "moving on" from the Burrows biting incident? I thought they weren't going to dwell on that.

After Bitegate in Game 1, the Canucks had to think they were on a real short leash with the officials. For one of them to blast Horton like that after he got rid of the puck was an even dumber move than Thomas leaving the crease in Game 2 OT.

CCSLC signature.png

Glenn Healy: "I'm between the benches, and I have to press the mute button every once and a while."

If I was the one that had to spend an entire game beside Pierre McGuire, I'd be pressing it a lot more often.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

What happened to the Bruins "moving on" from the Burrows biting incident? I thought they weren't going to dwell on that.

Kind of hard when the team that got away with the bite is

sticking a finger in your face, taunting that they got away with it.

Also hard when the same team is shouldering your players in the face.

And it was a game misconduct based on the hit to the head. Otherwise, I doubt it would have been.

sig-1.png

I counted at least two strides from the time he passed the puck. WAY LATE.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived