2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

First the "icing" call late in the third and then the stanchion in OT, just bad luck the Sharks played well and yeah the Nucks were favored from the start (unlike in 04 and last year).

Just like the Philadelphia Eagles, you have to lose 3 Conference Finals before you make it to the big show. :P

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First the "icing" call late in the third and then the stanchion in OT, just bad luck the Sharks played well and yeah the Nucks were favored from the start (unlike in 04 and last year).

Just like the Philadelphia Eagles, you have to lose 3 Conference Finals before you make it to the big show. :P

But the Eagles went on to lose in the big show, too... :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

So....what? Joe Thorton's going to vomit in crunch time come next year's Finals in route to losing to a superior team?

So....what? Joe Thorton's going to vomit in crunch time come next year's Finals in route to losing to a superior team?

... and Patrick Marleau will call him out for being gutless...

I saw, I came, I left.

Common denominator in all of the Sharks' recent playoff losses is that the other team has a dangerous third line and a competent fourth. The Sharks might realize this and finally round out their forward corps. Alternatively, Doug Wilson will look for new ways to stick it to the Blackhawks for firing all his crusty old buddies. I guess either way is a victory in some sense.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I've been waiting all post-Season to post this

i-aint-even-mad.jpg

Ok, I do have to say one thing though. All this s**t about the Sharks being cursed is nonsense. They just don't have the heart. This coming from a Sharks fan.

Exactly, they don't even want to win. The only curse the sharks have is the curse of not giving a flying :censored: about winning the cup.

Next Year?

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

That's silly. Of course they want to win. They're just not structured to do so. Over the course of a best-of-seven grind, their best players either find themselves operating at diminished capacity against better-rotated opposition, or they do get a rest and suddenly there's a red light on.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well to me they look like a team who doesn't seem to mind being the butt of all jokes, they seem to think it is okay to go to the conference finals, it looks like they don't care.

p.s. I am a disappointed fan so take my opinions with a grain of salt.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

You know why the Sharks lost this year?

It's the Canucks year that simple.

After winning on that weird goal last night, I'd tend to agree. Breaks like that, going your way at the most opportune of moments are what separate "teams of destiny" from merely strong contenders.

CCSLC signature.png

Wow. What an downright terrible and awful period of the hockey from the Bruins. Johnny Boychuk is probably the worst defenseman in the league. The only reason he's there is because he hits and he's able to fire off his high 90 mph slapshot once every thirty games or something. Like I stated a few times prior, the Bruins are once again back to their understanding that pretty goals count for more on the scoreboard than regular goals. About 5 or 6 perfect opportunities to just shoot the damn thing, and they pass it.

I'm also 100% convinced that if Tomas Kaberle was alone with the puck in the offensive zone with everybody else in the defensive zone and him standing two feet from an open net, he would decide to pass the puck, rather than shoot.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

When was the last time you said something good about this team? Yeah, they are frustrating to watch but this is not the Maple Leafs. We are potentially 1 period away from the STANLEY CUP FINALS. I think that is pretty damn impressive.

I was going to complain too but your complete pissing on them has turned me much more optimistic. For all the shortcomings (aka 100% retarded special teams), there is a lot of "magic" in the Bruins and they have played their best in the 3rd period this year. Let's see what happens here, because while they can :censored: a game out their :censored:, they can just as easily dominate and take total control of one. I'm pumped.

Edit: Now I sound like a moron. :censored:.

When was the last time you said something good about this team? Yeah, they are frustrating to watch but this is not the Maple Leafs. We are potentially 1 period away from the STANLEY CUP FINALS. I think that is pretty damn impressive.

I was going to complain too but your complete pissing on them has turned me much more optimistic. For all the shortcomings (aka 100% retarded special teams), there is a lot of "magic" in the Bruins and they have played their best in the 3rd period this year. Let's see what happens here, because while they can :censored: a game out their :censored:, they can just as easily dominate and take total control of one. I'm pumped.

Common human flaw. It's easier to see and say what's bad about a team, rather than the positive aspects.

what the hell is ccslc?

Friday would be a great time to stop the "end the season with a Game 7 at home" streak the Bruins have going on.

C'mon, B's. You guys can do this.

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived