2011 NBA Playoffs

Rockstar Matt

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Chicago is probably going to give Miami the biggest challenge if in fact they win the series against the Hawks.

Unlike Miami this team can win multiple ways, and also unlike the Heat they have bench depth. Miami has to shoot the lights out in order to win, Chicago can win games shooting at around 40%, and if you can take the Heat just a little bit out of their comfort zone, they are very beatable. Problem is that's been much easier said then done this postseason and Chicago has looked a little inconsistent at times during the playoffs. We'll see what happens, first they have to get past Atlanta which I'm not sure is a given.

I don't think anyone is beating Miami though if they play at the level they played against Boston.

Better yet, Dallas winning would mean Stern handing the trophy to Mark Cuban...

This is why if I wasn't a Bulls fan I'd be solidly in the Mavs' camp. Also because if I was an owner of a major sports team, I would emulate Cuban as much as possible. :censored: the fines.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Anyone else finding it weird to watch the game on ESPN without the "BottomLine"? Or know why exactly they don't have it running? I can't remember the last time I watched a sporting event on ESPN without that thing running across the bottom. It's kind of refreshing, actually.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Anyone else finding it weird to watch the game on ESPN without the "BottomLine"? Or know why exactly they don't have it running? I can't remember the last time I watched a sporting event on ESPN without that thing running across the bottom. It's kind of refreshing, actually.

Didn't even notice it until reading this post, but its definately a welcome change. Now they just need to get rid of the TV timeouts.

On a basketball note, I think once Teague went out the Hawks were done. The Bulls second unit kept pace with the Hawks first unit. When that happens, its next to impossible to win, speaking of course of Atlanta.

Well here we go. Time for the Bulls to take down Team Evil and win for the sake of all pro sports.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I still think it will be tough for the Bulls to take down the Heat. Yeah they swept them in the regular season, but this is a different Heat team now. As much as it pains me to say that.

Somebody needs to remind the Heat that the last series was the conference semifinals, based on their celebration they may have a mixed up schedule.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Welp, sucks to see the Hawks go down in an embarrassing elimination game for the 4th straight year (3 straight at home), but overall I'm pleased with the season. They were 2 games better than the past two seasons (a whole lot of fans were making much ado about the Hawks losing 6 straight coming into this postseason...those games were basically glorified preseason games. Pape Sy was getting major run. Who? Exactly.), Larry Drew may have accidentally unearthed a diamond in the rough in Jeff Teague (after not playing him for a good chunk of the season), and this team is still young and has room to grow. With the Eastern Conference going through a shift of power, the Hawks seem to be the only team that could retain their position near the top of the conference from the past few years, since the Magic & Celtics appear to be on the decline. If this team can stop being so damn erratic from night to night, the Hawks could be scary...but that's a huge if. Either way, I'm cautiously optimistic about the future of my home team.

As for the Bulls...they were great, they showed up when they needed to, and Derrick Rose is proving why he was the MVP for this season. I'm gonna be pulling for them to beat the Heat, but overall it should be an entertaining series to watch. Can't wait to see the rest of the playoffs!

Embarassing Atlanta Hawks fact they have the longest drought of not making it to the Conference Finals 41 years and counting.

Someone to make the Clippers feel better about themselves!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Embarassing Atlanta Hawks fact they have the longest drought of not making it to the Conference Finals 41 years and counting.

Because the Clippers have been a playoff mainstay the past few years.

Why should the Clippers feel better about this? They're tied with the Hawks for longest drought from the league semifinals, 41 seasons. (The Hawks last went to the divisional final in 1969-70, the last year before conferences existed.)

LvZYtbZ.png

Surprised Larry Brown's name hasn't come up. I couldn't see him being there any more then three years, but his name came up with the UNLV job, so I do think he wants to come back.

The best name I've heard though is Rick Adelman. I would put him very high on the list of greatest NBA coaches to have never won a title and it doesen't appear that Houston is going anywhere at the moment. Jackson and Adelman haven't had the greatest professional relationship, so it could have some effect in the hiring. I'd like to think that the Lakers would at least talk to Jackson about any potential replacement.

The best name I've heard though is Rick Adelman. I would put him very high on the list of greatest NBA coaches to have never won a title and it doesen't appear that Houston is going anywhere at the moment. Jackson and Adelman haven't had the greatest professional relationship, so it could have some effect in the hiring. I'd like to think that the Lakers would at least talk to Jackson about any potential replacement.

Wait...what? :blink:

Adelman...Lakers. Lakers...Adelman. I'm sure I'm not the only one who sees the inherent humor--and irony--in that pairing.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Wait...what? :blink:

Adelman...Lakers. Lakers...Adelman. I'm sure I'm not the only one who sees the inherent humor--and irony--in that pairing.

No I see it as well, but I really think he's the best name I've heard so far for the job. There have been stranger pairings in sports so I wouldn't completely dismiss the idea.

So, the Lakers are apparently interested in Mike Dunleavy as their next coach.

....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yeah, they tried that already, and it didn't work out too well. Then again, he did get the Clippers into the Conference Semifinals... and that alone should give anyone Hall of Fame consideration.

Archived