2011 NBA Playoffs

Rockstar Matt

That was plain sad to watch. I don't know how else to describe it.

(first person to say "personal" gets a fat lip :P)

So is it personal yet?

(Like telling us not to say it was going to do anything other than get someone to say it. Frankly, I'm surprised I'm the first one to do it. :P )

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then, I'd be shocked as heck. Stern has never liked Phil though. He's always quick to point out how bad the officials are, and Stern always fines him for it. Plus, Los Angeles hates Stern. Rather more than most places actually.

:rolleyes: The man has coached 11 NBA Championship winning teams since Stern took over. I won't say that there isn't any bad blood between the two, but if the league really is as fixed as you claim it is Jackson wouldn't have won all of those rings.

Enjoy this win Mavericks fans. Our fate was sealed as soon as Kobe called that ref a fa****. (And to an extent, our fate was sealed when we won the title last year. We've looked tired this whole season) It's awful that refs will let a vendetta against Kobe dictate how this series was called. I've never seen a worse officiated series. I fully believe the league is rigged. It makes me wonder how much Cuban is paying the refs in this series...

While the Lakers haven't played up to par this whole season, in these playoffs, both the Hornets and the Mavericks have been allowed to consistently hack the Lakers and the Mavs have gotten away with clogging the paint up with up to 5 guys at times in there for well over 5, 6, 7 and even 10 seconds. While the refs will call bogus fouls on us and let the Mavs clobber the Lakers.

The Lakers in this second half have not played like themselves with Bynum getting ejected and he was rightfully ejected.

I hope the Mavericks lose the next series (to either Memphis or the Thunder) at home. Correction, I hope they get the living snot beat out of them. I also hope we play them next year in the playoffs, because we'll kick the living s*** out of them.

Fans of teams that have won eight titles since Stern has been Commissioner, five since 2000, don't get to complain about the league conspiring against them.

This is perhaps the worst case of sore loser syndrome I've ever seen on these boards.

I'm not a sore loser even though that's what it seems like. Besides Barea, Chandler, Stevenson and Terry, that Mavericks team is full of classy, classy players. Nowitski, Kidd, and Peja are some of the classiest, and nicest, players in the NBA. I'd rather get swept by them then to lose to Boston.

But, seriously, all props go to Dallas. They played one helluva series. Lakers would have been hard pressed to beat them even if we did play well.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I'm not a sore loser even though that's what it seems like.

It seems like it because you are. Your team simply got bitchslapped and what's the first thing you do?

bccf1feb.jpg

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'm not a sore loser even though that's what it seems like.

It seems like it because you are. Your team simply got bitchslapped and what's the first thing you do?

bccf1feb.jpg

Haha, that picture is great! Yeah, yeah I know. I'll still stick by what I said, I just should have showed some restraint in blabbing it out so quickly after a loss.

How about this Thunder-Grizzlies game? Holy crap. What a game.

EDIT: Maybe most exciting game in this playoffs thus far?

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

It's a shame that somebodies got to lose this game. Both teams are ice cold in the clutch and playing hard without playing dirty. Great contest.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

So does anyone know when the last triple-overtime playoff game was? My apologies if it was recent, but I'm drawing a blank here.

I know there was Game 5 of Nets-Pistons in 2004, not sure about ever since then.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

As much as I'm loving the Grizzlies' story, this game gives the Thunder some major momentum. It's now a best 2-out-of-3 series with 2 games being played in OKC. I'd love to believe in the Grizzlies, but I just don't see them taking 2 out of these 3. And I think the momentum of winning this game is really going to carry into OKC's upcoming home game. You just know their crowd is going to be insane after what their team did tonight.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

So does anyone know when the last triple-overtime playoff game was? My apologies if it was recent, but I'm drawing a blank here.

2009. Celtics/Bulls.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I dont know if it was the LeBron stakes sucking the life out of last year's playoffs, but this year's NBA Postseason is a Million times better.

Personally I always enjoy those sporting moments where one generation is taking over from another, and I reckon that's one thing that's happening this year. Younger players and teams are standing upto and indeed beating the old guard. Interesting to see how the Spurs, Celtics and especially Lakers react over the next couple of years.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I actually am friends with a Celtics fan who went to the game last night. He sat right behind the Heat bench and was on TV a few times. After the game, he must've been ticked. Not to mention he drove 5 hours to get there.

I still don't think the C's are done yet. If they can get a win tomorrow night, they will no doubt win in Boston, and that leaves it to a game 7 at the Heat. Do I think it's likely? No. But with the Celtic's you can never count them out.

Either the Hawks will foul out half their roster this game or the Bulls will free throw their way to victory. Either way the Bulls are playing drunk.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived