2011 NBA Playoffs

Rockstar Matt

Teams down 0-3 are 0-98 all-time. Somebody's eventually got to do it. And if it's the 2011 Lakers, then damn it, let's make some history. GO LAKE SHOW!

You know, I've seen a lot of Lakers fans say this in the wake of Game 3, and I'm wondering why. How exactly have they shown in this series that they are ready and able to pull off such a comeback? They haven't even shown that they care enough to win just one game. They've choked away leads in the fourth quarter in two out of the last three games. Somehow I'm not convinced that they can "flip the switch" now.

Exactly. This series is exactly like the Spurs/Grizzlies playoff series, the Lakers' window of opportunity has closed, just like it has on the Spurs, and the Mavericks simply are a better team. It's their turn now and the possibility of a Mavericks/Thunder or Grizzlies playoff series sounds fun. Although it'll most likely be a Red River Shootout when it's all said and done.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teams down 0-3 are 0-98 all-time. Somebody's eventually got to do it. And if it's the 2011 Lakers, then damn it, let's make some history. GO LAKE SHOW!

You know, I've seen a lot of Lakers fans say this in the wake of Game 3, and I'm wondering why. How exactly have they shown in this series that they are ready and able to pull off such a comeback? They haven't even shown that they care enough to win just one game. They've choked away leads in the fourth quarter in two out of the last three games. Somehow I'm not convinced that they can "flip the switch" now.

Agreed, we've been saying they can "flip the switch" anytime they want since February. At this point I think that the "switch" isn't coming and the Lakers are done, finally.

Same reason you root for the Clippers season in and season out.

Hope.

Nowhere in there did I say they actually could do it. The most I said they could do was win Game 4 and 5 and force a Game 6. I don't know if they could come all the way back and win the whole thing. I know they haven't looked good at all. This has been the Mavs series. All I can hope for is that they do find the switch, flip it and get back in this.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Celtics looked a lot better tonight and Rondo looks like a warrior. This series may be decided by which road team wins first.

Rondo:

Game 1: 8 points 7 rebounds 7 assists LOSS

Game 2: 20 points 6 rebounds 12 assists LOSS

Game 3: 6 points 3 rebounds 11 assists WIN

Make sense of that. The Heat still have the better players and home court. Plus the Celtics have a better record when they have more than two days rest while the Heat actually played better with back to back games.

They say sometimes the series doesen't begin until the first home team loses. If Boston wins game 4 this series is right back to where it started.

Miami did not shoot well this game. They don't shoot they don't win, because they don't move the ball all that well in the halfcourt. Its that simple, and shooting rarely translates well on the road in the playoffs. I said under Tank's post that neither team could win playing the other's style and that appears to be what's happening in this series. None of the three games have been all that close, and I don't expect anything more then maybe a game or two being close either if that.

Memphis/Okc looks every bit like a back and forth battle. Two young teams with a ton of talent that still seem to be finding themselves. Think its going to serve as a very valuable lesson going forward for both teams regardless of who wins or loses this series.

Yeah all that confidence I had the other day? Yeah, what the :censored: was I thinking?

Terry is 5 for 5 from three. Lakers have 11 3's all series, and Dallas has 9 already this game. LA has taken 3 timeouts in the last 2 minutes or so.

Defense is still terrible. There is no one within 15 feet of the Mavs shooting threes. The Lakers bench (besides Odom) shouldn't see the floor for the rest of this series (if there is a rest of this series), and Steve Blake/Matt Barnes need to leave the building, NOW. They're being outrebounded, and almost look disinterested in rebounding. JJ Barea is still freely running around.

Ugh.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I thought Mike Tirico was being a prototypical over-the-top announcer when he called the Bynum foul "the most bush-league thing I've ever seen," but after seeing the replays, he might be right.

This whole series has just been a complete amplification of Phil. As such a hands-off, lackadaisical coach during his career, seeing retirement in his Montana cabin has just made it obvious that as soon as the Mavs proved they wouldn't collapse, he threw up his hands and gave up. Then when you consider the rumors of the unnamed teammate's wife causing Pau's fiance to dump him, and Phil's obvious lack of influence in the locker room to clear the air of that, it's no wonder that they're going Hindenburg and that Odom and Bynum lashed out the way they did, although their actions were inexcusable. As a Laker fan though, God I hope that Shaw isn't as passive if he gets the job. And Dwight wouldn't hurt either.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived