Return of the Anaheim Bullfrogs with a new logo

MRKA

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God, has it been 17 years since the Fire Ants? I'm old... Sigh.

Yeah, and it was the Fire Ants that became my Oklahoma Coyotes. At the time I'd wished that they'd kept the Fire Ants name instead of going with the Coyotes and their Wile-E.'s-cousin-strung-out-on-meth logo. The only player that came over from Atlanta was Scott Drevitch, who as an outsider (non-CHLer) was a very underrated player locally, nevermind that he'd spent a fair bit of time in the AHL & IHL before coming to OKC for those two summers.

*raises hand*

Former St. Louis Vipers (1995) and Minnesota Blue Ox (1999) season ticket holder.

The 1999 season was a joke.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Former St. Louis Vipers (1995) season ticket holder.

So it's quite possible we have indeed been in the same building at the same time. Between the Vipers and the Stampede I was at The Kiel quite a bit during the Summer of 95.

The website for the new MLRH Anaheim Bullfrogs is up and running now, complete with the "new" logo discussed here earlier. Apparently the logo was designed by Bertagni Design in Tustin, CA. You can check it out here at www.anaheimbullfrogs.com

I'm sure everyone on here has seen Happy Gilmore, but does anyone remember the team that got Happy in love with hockey? The Vancouver Voodoo!!!!!! It was right at the start of the movie where his dad got hit in the head with a puck at a Voodoo game and died...Just thought I would throw that in since we are talking RHI.

Me and my brother were New Jersey Rockin' Rollers season ticket holders. I miss RHI. (Yea, i'm the one guy that misses it)

So do I. I went to a couple of Buffalo Stampede games in 1994. One was against New Jersey, the other was the second leg of the final against the Portland Rage.

I think I still have a tape of that game. I'll have to check.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a little update on the Anaheim Bullfrogs logos discussed earlier in this thread and its similarity to the Lumberjacks logo, it appears that MLRH has revised the logo and has posted this image to their websites www.mlrh.com and www.anaheimbullfrogs.com

28lgoja.gif

The 1999 season was a joke.

I'm curious about this.

I was living in Dallas in the summer of '99 and caught one RHI game at Reunion Arena. I was taken aback by the fact that both teams were wearing what looked like simple, mesh practice jerseys. Both teams were single color. I don't even think they had logos, though my memory isn't that great. I walked away thinking this was a pretty low-rent operation.

Did I just catch the league on its death throes?

• 4 months later...

Somehow this league is still going: http://www.mlrh.com/

(Logos are in the links)

Anaheim Bullfrogs

Arizona Arsenal

Buffalo Excitement

Chicago Carnage

Grand Rapids Grim Reaper

Hollywood Dream

L.A. Pama Cyclones (Complete clone and further bastardization of the Dodgers "LA" and Kings "LA" logo and the Kings black jersey)

Mission Axiom

MLRH Europe (Apparently a complete European division? I'm not sure.)

And apparently all their games (or at least this first set of games?) are being played at this roller rink in Irvine, CA in Orange County. (It's across the street from a Boomers, which for thsoe that dont know those is an arcade, go kart, mini golf, batting cage, laser tag place. And Irvine isn't Anaheim either haha) and they're having a a jersey retirement night? Seriously?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MJ5dWn1K0c

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Something's exciting the buffaloes!

I honesty read it as Buffalo Excrement. Maybe I've just read too much Mad magazine.

The name is hilarious, and kinda gay. It's like a team being named the "Fabulous".

Kinda gay?

Wanna elaborate?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived