Troy State Football New Logo Sneak Peek

footballfiji

Troy State's new logos were leaked a day ago. Apparently they are changing their name from TROY STATE TROJANS to just TROY TROJANS.

I'm not sure how to post pics but here is a link to the message board.

http://www.inside99.net/cgi-bin/webbbs_config.pl?read=78415

http://www.inside99.net/cgi-bin/webbbs_config.pl?read=78414

http://www.gotroystate.com/trojanboard.html

http://p205.ezboard.com/ftroystatesportsfr...icID=5273.topic

Whatcha Think?

hey quadi, pass dat zoloft :P

that mascot by itself...it blows. the wordmark version looks better...strangely enough, miles better. just keep the trojan helmet you were using, TSU..er, TU

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Wow, it looks like Phoenix finally did something different for a change... oh wait, no they didn't. Where have I seen that letter style before? Hmmm, let's see. Oh yeah, every other logo Phoenix has done. Blah...

"...and you want to be my latex salesman."

vandelay.jpg

Me personally, I would have gone with that same guy, but standing around, looking at a big horse with a puzzled expression on his face.

Why are there so many teams called Trojans (who lose the war) but none called the Achaeans (not sure of spelling) the winners? Spartans isn't the same.

Wow, it looks like Phoenix finally did something different for a change... oh wait, no they didn't. Where have I seen that letter style before? Hmmm, let's see. Oh yeah, every other logo Phoenix has done. Blah...

Testify, my brotha.

hey quadi, pass dat zoloft :P

panic_8_dot_jumping_log.gif

You should check out the song "Zoloft" on the new Ween album (entitled Quebec). I think you'll enjoy it, maybe even adopt it as your theme song...

Give me that Z-O-L-O-F-T

Give me a grip

Make me love me

vandelay.jpg

If they were going to go for so blantant a tie-in to the movie, why don't they just slap Brad Pitt's head on the helmet. However, if the stuff in the message board links is true (using the sword and shield only on the uniforms) this might actually have some potential FOR THE UNIFORMS. The logo is still purely asinine.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

I HATE PHOENIX DESIGN and for teh life of me I cant explain why teams keep giving them chances.

Thats all on that matter

Amen.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I personally like the logo. Although it really is another Phoenix Design cookiecutter type logo. None the less I dont think it really looks all that bad. The wordmark included logo is the better of the bunch definitely.

Quick question again (after my one about the Achaeans):

Is Troy State a historically Black University? If not, my bad, but I had the thought in my head that it was, and if it is, it seems kind of funny that their logo would be a white guy (a Turk?). Not much weirder than a bunch of white/black/hispanic NFL players calling themselves Redskins, but still kind of odd. The connection is obvious (Troy-Trojans) but that they would go with a personified Trojan instead of a helmet, sword, shield, horse (ouch!) etc.

Not much weirder than a bunch of white/black/hispanic NFL players calling themselves Redskins, but still kind of odd.

So what are you saying, all the players on the teams have to be a representative of their mascot? Are all the Houston Texans from Texas? Do you have to dig for gold before you tryout for the 49ers? I would hardly call Joe Morris a "Giant." He was only 5'4". That's just silly.

vandelay.jpg

Archived