ESPN NFL Helmet Power Rankings

LetsGoOakland9

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it's because a T looks like a thumbtack? That's why it sucks? Even though it's clearly a T?

I can't speak for WideRight, but why do you consider the "Titans have the best helmet IMO."? There's 32 NFL helmets...some creative, some rather boring, yet you consider the Titans out of all of them to be the best. How come?

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Based solely on looks & design, NOT TRADITION:

1. Rams

2. Eagles

3. Broncos

4. Buccaneers

5. Chargers

------------

28. Ravens

29. Bengals

30. Titans

31. Steelers

32. Browns

somebody got issues with the AFC North?

Surprised? He's got issues with the Browns and that's a fact haha I'm not sure how anyone could hate a 5 win team but he's been badmouthing them on here for years...

1. Rams

2. Eagles

3. Broncos

4. Buccaneers

5. Chargers

------------

28. Ravens

29. Bengals

30. Titans

31. Steelers

32. Browns

Surprised? He's got issues with the Browns and that's a fact haha I'm not sure how anyone could hate a 5 win team but he's been badmouthing them on here for years...

My rankings have nothing to do with wins or losses. The Browns come in last because they put no effort into their lids. Generic brown & white stripes on a plain orange helmet. Where's the originality in that? The gray facemask also ruins it for me. Some teams are just better off not playing the "retro game". Cleveland is definitely one of them.

6uXNWAo.png

1. Rams

2. Eagles

3. Broncos

4. Buccaneers

5. Chargers

------------

28. Ravens

29. Bengals

30. Titans

31. Steelers

32. Browns

My rankings have nothing to do with wins or losses. The Browns come in last because they put no effort into their lids. Generic brown & white stripes on a plain orange helmet. Where's the originality in that? The gray facemask also ruins it for me. Some teams are just better off not playing the "retro game". Cleveland is definitely one of them.

Yeah, where's the originality in being the only NFL team wearing a blank helmet?

Oh, wait...

1. Rams

2. Eagles

3. Broncos

4. Buccaneers

5. Chargers

------------

28. Ravens

29. Bengals

30. Titans

31. Steelers

32. Browns

Yeah, where's the originality in being the only NFL team wearing a blank helmet?

Oh, wait...

It's got nothing to do with being original. The Browns have a plain/boring helmet because they got left in the dust back in the 50s-60s. Too lazy to come up with a logo of their own, I suppose.

6uXNWAo.png

1. Rams

2. Eagles

3. Broncos

4. Buccaneers

5. Chargers

------------

28. Ravens

29. Bengals

30. Titans

31. Steelers

32. Browns

Oh, wait...

It's got nothing to do with being original. The Browns have a plain/boring helmet because they got left in the dust back in the 50s-60s. Too lazy to come up with a logo of their own, I suppose.

So look at other football teams...Penn State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Army, Navy, Boston College. All lazy too?

Just admit it you hate the browns. You're bitter and went on a stupid rant about their uniforms before. Get over it...I think it's funny your jets weren't even in the top 10 of this list. Whats so unique about a white helmet with a logo...yawn

1. Rams

2. Eagles

3. Broncos

4. Buccaneers

5. Chargers

------------

28. Ravens

29. Bengals

30. Titans

31. Steelers

32. Browns

Oh, wait...

So look at other football teams...Penn State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Army, Navy, Boston College. All lazy too?

Just admit it you hate the browns. You're bitter and went on a stupid rant about their uniforms before. Get over it...I think it's funny your jets weren't even in the top 10 of this list. Whats so unique about a white helmet with a logo...yawn

Penn State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Army, Navy, Boston College are National Football League teams? That's news to me!

And what the fvck does any of this have to do with the Jets? I don't believe I've mentioned them once in this thread.

6uXNWAo.png

1. Rams

2. Eagles

3. Broncos

4. Buccaneers

5. Chargers

------------

28. Ravens

29. Bengals

30. Titans

31. Steelers

32. Browns

Oh, wait...

Penn State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Army, Navy, Boston College are National Football League teams? That's news to me!

And what the fvck does any of this have to do with the Jets? I don't believe I've mentioned them once in this thread.

I said "other football teams"...never said they were NFL. You can't just say a team is lazy for not having a logo on the helmet, especially the browns because there would be riots in Cleveland if they ever messed with the helmet.

I bring up the jets, just like you bring up the browns. I felt like going on a random rant for no reason just because I don't like the team.

I bring up the jets, just like you bring up the browns.

Incorrect.

I brought up the Browns because IMO they've got the worst lids in the NFL.

You brought up the Jets.... I still don't know why you brought up the Jets.

6uXNWAo.png

Incorrect.

I never knew the Browns wore lids. Learn something new every day.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Incorrect.

I never knew the Browns wore lids. Learn something new every day.

yeah dude but they are too lazy to put logos on them...too bad

I always thought the Rams as a top 5 helmet was something I could state with certainty and not just be a homer on--I guess not.

But it's not just the Rams. I love helmets that don't just plaster a logo on the side. To me the Rams and Bengals have the best helmets.

I'm right with you. I did my ranking on ESPN (anyone can still, in fact; there may be time yet to change the rankings!), and my top two, in order, were Rams and Bengals.

Oh, by the way, thanks to this forum, I couldn't look at any helmet with a gray facemask the same way. A gray facemask with a gray helmet is one thing (like the Raiders). But previous favorites of mine (Cardinals, Colts, Giants...) are now tainted because all I can see is the stupid gray facemask.

I always thought the Rams as a top 5 helmet was something I could state with certainty and not just be a homer on--I guess not.

But it's not just the Rams. I love helmets that don't just plaster a logo on the side. To me the Rams and Bengals have the best helmets.

I'm right with you. I did my ranking on ESPN (anyone can still, in fact; there may be time yet to change the rankings!), and my top two, in order, were Rams and Bengals.

Oh, by the way, thanks to this forum, I couldn't look at any helmet with a gray facemask the same way. A gray facemask with a gray helmet is one thing (like the Raiders). But previous favorites of mine (Cardinals, Colts, Giants...) are now tainted because all I can see is the stupid gray facemask.

I'm okay with the Giants gray facemask because gray is actually a part of the color scheme, the other two, however look terrible.

On the Browns, their helmets look bush league. I wouldn't want a logo, but they should bring back the numbers on the helmet. Also, the gray facemask looks awful for them. Brown or white would be much better IMO.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

I bring up the jets, just like you bring up the browns. I felt like going on a random rant for no reason just because I don't like the team.

Do you try to be a condescending windbag 24/7 or do you just do it subconciously? I'm just wondering since I never see you post without an argument attached to it.

Cujo is allowed to dislike the Browns' helmet, much like you're allowed to dislike the Jets' helmet (if you actually do and you're not just saying it in a misguided attempt to "get him back" by insulting his favorite team). Hell, I hate the Browns' helmet. It's not even brown. That's like the Patriots deciding to slap the Union Jack on the side of their helmets.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

He's still pissed about the Jets blowing a ten point lead in 4 and a half minutes and losing to the Browns in the playoffs in 1986.

BB52Big.jpg

Do you try to be a condescending windbag 24/7 or do you just do it subconciously? I'm just wondering since I never see you post without an argument attached to it.

Cujo is allowed to dislike the Browns' helmet, much like you're allowed to dislike the Jets' helmet (if you actually do and you're not just saying it in a misguided attempt to "get him back" by insulting his favorite team). Hell, I hate the Browns' helmet. It's not even brown. That's like the Patriots deciding to slap the Union Jack on the side of their helmets.

Is Green Bay's helmet green?

Using your patriots comparison, Union Jack would be the opposite of a Patriot. So Being the "browns" the complementary color would be a shade of green, not orange.

The real top 5:

San_Diego_Chargers_Helmet.jpg

St_Louis_Rams_Helmet.jpg

Cincinnati_Bengals_Helmet.jpg

Philadelphia_Eagles_Helmet.jpg

Minnesota_Vikings_Helmet.jpg

agree 100%, maybe throw seattle an honorable mention.

All of these nominations subscribe to the notion that the best helmet uses the piece of equipment as part of the overall design, as a constraint perhaps. Notice, there are no primary "logos"on these helmets.

Different than logos thrown on negative or colored space like other helmets with logos.

Cool distinction I draw... thoughts please, fellow sports nerds?

Archived