ESPN NFL Helmet Power Rankings

LetsGoOakland9

LOL at people who get upset about other people's completely subjective lists. There's no incentive for them to put out "good" (or at least "well thought out") lists, as then people wouldn't bitch about it and post links to it for others to click on and make them money.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my top 10 are

1-49ers

2-Bears

3-Skins

4-Colts

5-Giants

6-Packers

7-Rams

8-Bengals

9-Steelers

10-Saints

and with that, our current rankings according to ESPN scoring system goes as follows:

Rams-47

Bengals-33

Eagles-25

Jags-20.5

Bucs-19

Vikes-18

Chargers-18

Seahawks-17.5

Colts-16

Saints-12

Cowboys-12

Steelers-11

Bears-11

Browns-10

Skins-10

49ers-10

Raiders-9

Dolphins-9

Packers-9

Giants-8

Texans-7

Falcons-5

Cards-3

Chiefs-3

Lions-2

Broncs-2

For those of you who did not specify order, each of your teams recieved 2 votes

Teams who got no love-

Bills

Jets

Panthers

Pats

Ravens

Titans

Soccer.jpg?t=1301776720England.png?t=1301868161Germany-1.png?t=1301800713FCB.png?t=1303259982

My Top 10:

1.Rams: They are called the rams, and they have ram horns on their helmet. Can't do better than that.

2.Eagles: I love the winged helmet look. It looks good with almost every color scheme.

3.Ravens: Best logo in the NFL, perfect for a raven.

4.Begnals: Very creative pattern. perfect for a team called the Bengals.

5.Chargers: How awesome of a name is the chargers? THe lighting bolt=classic awesomeness.

6.Bucs: Pewter is a surprisingly good color for a helmet. It also helps that it's predecessor was god awful (Fabio anyone?).

7.Packers: A classic helmet with a great look. I like the color scheme of yellow and green (duh), and they pull it of like no one else (except maybe Oregon).

8.Colts:Not a fan of gray face masks, but the colts make them look good.

9.Titans: Another one because they have a cool logo, but I also like the stripe they have. it's very creative.

10.Lions:This is mostly here because their new logo is awesome.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

They might as well call it "Teams That Have The Most History And Haven't Changed Their Helmets In A Long Time".

Um, the Chargers have had their current helmet for only a few years. It's a similar design but to say that they haven't changed their helmet lately is wrong.

Well, that's one exception. Not enough to invalidate my point, I don't think.

The Top Ten

1. Packers

2. Patriots

3. 49ers

4. Rams

5. Cowboys

6. Eagles

7. Colts

8. Raiders

9. Vikings

10. Dolphins

The Low Five

1. Bengals (I've always considered this an eyesore)

2. Bills (Thankfully they're fixing this, along with their entire identity, so that no one will have to change the channel to keep their eyes from bleeding)

3. Broncos (Flaming weasels... oh right, orange mane, overly sleek look, and cat pupils... of course that's supposed to be a horse)

4. Chargers (The definition of overrated, lose the navy blue, and maybe I'll elevate this)

5. Titans (I've always considered this an eyesore too)

In order

1- Saints

2- Steelers

3- Bucs

4- Giants

5- Rams

6- Browns

7- Eagles

8- Redskins

9- 49ers

10- Vikings

Special mention:

Pat the Patriot and Buccaneer Bruce

PS: Random thought, i like the grey facemask

dragonssignature.gif

Im from Costa Rica...so i dont have a huge english level...understand me

:rolleyes:

Okay, I'll bite.

My Top 10:

1. Dallas Cowboys (My favorite team as well as my favorite helmet.)

2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (I absolutely love their helmets and overall look.)

3. Philadelphia Eagles (I hate them with a passion... But, they have a great helmet.)

4. Washington Redskins (I hate them as well, but I love their helmet, especially the yellow facemask.)

5. Oakland Raiders (My second favorite team, and their helmet is awesome.)

6. Houston Texans

7. Green Bay Packers

8. Seattle Seahawks

9. St. Louis Rams

10. New Orleans Saints

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Top 5, in no order:

Eagles

Rams

Bengals

Seahawks

Browns

Bottom 5, in no order:

Panthers

Cardinals

Chiefs

Bills (until the rebrand)

49ers (logo doesnt match stripes, grey goes poorly with gold)

I agree the Panthers has gotta be the worst. The logo by itself has an odd shape, and it looks even worse on the helmet. They need to do something like the Bengals, just a head. Part of me was tempted to use the Bengals logo recolored for my Panthers concept :P

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

then people wouldn't bitch about it and post links to it for others to click on and make them money.

EXACTLY!

Stories/polls like this are perfect fare for posting on Twitter, etc... which leads to pageviews and ad impressions.

I rarely ever agree with Pauly-boy, but I do like his Top 10 retro list for the most part. I think there were better versions of the Eagles helmet than the era he picked and I don't think the Cowboys and Texans/Chiefs should've been on there, but I def love the retro Chargers helmet. When the lightning bolt is on there alone, it looks like something that an alternative-lifestyle man would wear (not that there's anything wrong with that :P ), but with the numbers combined wit it...TA-DA!!!...it looks great. I remember back in '05 when I heard that the Chargers were switching back to the white helmet and I was convinced they were gonna go back to that look...not the POS they used instead. I think the old Seahawks, the Browns 1960 - 1961, and the Eagles 1969 - 1972 helmets should've been switched out for his Eagles, Cowboys, and Texans/Chiefs helmets.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Meh. All those helmets are classic helmets, just showing that all of the writers just like the old school, classic look.

I say the Jags have a top 10 helmet

what? How do the Jags have a top 10 helmet?

Ok, after more thought. Their unique 2-tone helmet merits them some props.

Sure, but the logo takes them away.

Anyone who's ever owned a cat knows exactly what that Jaguars helmet logo is doing - hacking up a hairball is unmistakeable.

I don't know how the Jags received so few votes in the ESPN poll. The gold logo popping off the black helmet has always been gorgeous to me. I also like the way the helmet color runs through the logo. The Broncos are the only other team to do this.

As for my opinion, don't really have a top 10, but I'd put the Giants in the top spot.

FSU2.gif

Meh. All those helmets are classic helmets, just showing that all of the writers just like the old school, classic look.

I say the Jags have a top 10 helmet

what? How do the Jags have a top 10 helmet?

Ok, after more thought. Their unique 2-tone helmet merits them some props.

Sure, but the logo takes them away.

Anyone who's ever owned a cat knows exactly what that Jaguars helmet logo is doing - hacking up a hairball is unmistakeable.

346.gifeakbhfhxnv31fffgnct3ltlrd.gif

Did the same artist create both logos back in 1995? Both seem extremely generic and their mouths are identical. 2 of the worst logos in the NFL.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

1. Rams

2. Bengals

3. Vikings

4. Packers

5. Eagles

6. Saints

7. Chargers

8. 49ers

9. Cowboys

10. Seahawks

----------------------------

26. Raiders

27. Dolphins

28. Panthers

29. Bills

30. Redskins

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

Archived