Miami Heat Rebrand

AAO

There is one place where this concept is lacking: the spacing and smoothness in the basketball logo. Especially noticeable in the lower section of the ball, the curve isn't a smooth transition into the flame and it looks awkward. Also, the spacing in the threads of the ball just looks off and pieced together.

If you can fix those issues, I think you have a solid concept going on here.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is still way too static. There is no motion, no movement....it isn't dynamic at all. What you are doing now are sideways moves from an existing logo. With the original logo with the gradients, there was a movement to it. It clearly felt that the ball was on fire going through the hoop, like Glen Rice just dropped a trey on those mofo Magic bitches. You need that kind of dynamic in the logo, and right now in both versions it is lacking.

It may sound like I'm being an :censored:, but I'm not. We know your work and what you can do.

what i like about the old logo opposed to yours is that the yellow flames made an "M" at the top... where as yours, the red makes an "M" but takes away from the ball. It just doesnt look right. The old logo is much more fluent

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

The update is great. The one thing I would change is where the flame comes out of the ball. The farthest left red section should curve lower than it does, creating a smoother transition. I hope that makes sense.

Like this?:

HeatPrimary531V5.png

Yeah, probably what he was saying. It looked weird to me too, it looks nice now.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

to me the third panel of the ball on the top looks more like the ball ripped open than a flame..

If its supposed to look like the ball ripped open and yellow flames are coming from the inside, then you did great. But the middle two panels on the ball don't look like they're on fire to me. The far right panel does...

Maybe if you could throw a flame "hook" somewhere in the middle it may work .. ?

The ball logo just seems weird to me. The yellow part seems like an after thought to me. Is there anyway to incorporate the palm tree, possibly?

I think the scripts/wordmarks are a big improvement, especially the flame on the T. The script seems a lot cleaner and is easier to read.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

The update is great. The one thing I would change is where the flame comes out of the ball. The farthest left red section should curve lower than it does, creating a smoother transition. I hope that makes sense.

Like this?:

%7Boption%7D/IMG]

Yeah, probably what he was saying. It looked weird to me too, it looks nice now.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. It flows much better now IMO.

Archived