Winnipeg Jets Rebrand

hockey week

I tried this concept a while ago and just got stuck. The idea was inspired by Mike Ivall's leaf-within-a-jet logo, but I decided "why not make the leaf INTO the jet?" and then I had to figure out a way to house that idea. I thought a lot about the RCAF Flyers team that won gold at the 1948 Olympics and the symbol used on the side of planes in the RCAF, the circle around a leaf.

Originally, I came up with this. Not bad, but lacking:

winnipegjetsrebrandjerseysmallcopy.jpg

Considering how overdone blue/blue is now, I wanted to move away from that, and use more the newly mentioned colors of blue/red/gold. I replaced the central leaf with the one used by the 1920 Winnipeg Falcons, and I had to stay away from blue to avoid Maple Leafs territory, and ended up with this:

WinnipegJetslogorebrand7copy-1.jpg

the last time I posted this idea, it was suggested that I use red-white-red for the trail to reflect the Canadian flag

I also made a version with a wordmark that could be easily changed.

WinnipegJetslogorebrand7wordmark.jpgWinnipegJetslogorebrand7returnpatch-1.jpg

Looking for a lot of feedback here guys. This one is by no means done. So what are your thoughts? What can be improved? Even if you think I should go back to the drawing board, say so.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

This is too much maple leaf... The one without the yellow maple leaf is nice but I would it as a "comeback patch" to put on the shoulders... The idea for such a patch is a nice idea since it's a new team in Canada (maple leaf) and path of the jet on the logo shows a turn around... It's brillant!

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

This is the first truly original Winnepeg Jets concept I've seen on here. I like the Maple Leaf jet a lot. My only legit complaint is it looks like a rocket or missle on a maple leaf. Also, the latest revision has it pointing down. I'm a fan of the jet pointing slightly up and to the right as in the first update you had. The concept is top-notch however IMO. A more detailed and professional version of this would be a great update if Winnepeg goes with the name 'Jets'. Nice job!

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

While I do love the idea of the jet and mapleleaf put together, the vertical version is way too close to the Toronto Maple Leafs. It'd never "fly". Love the creativity though, really well done. You might be able to get away with the jet/leaf combo if you illustrated it at a different viewing angle.

Hockey Week! This is prob'ly the best you've done! Out of all those choices, I'd say take the SECOND large one you posted. Rotate the letter 25-45 degrees left. And use that as the basis of the team identity.

Archived