Canucks Logo Idea

Riatt

Just a quick mock up, willing to go more in depth if the reception is good.

johnnyct.jpg

My biggest problem with the stick-in-rink logo is the stick itself, seems so generic. So I place The V-Johnny Canuck logo in the rink, and I think it looks much better. C&C appreciated.

Riatt.png

Excellent copying and pasting. The decapitated Johnny Head logo really isn't a good logo in any context, let alone slapped on top of a modified version of a currently-used logo that has had one of it's major features ripped out of it. The Johnny Head logo is like the Buffaslug of people logos. Those shapes barely make out a face, and if not for the dot for the eye, wouldn't be recognizable as anything.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Maybe I'll get bashed on this one but I have to ask. I've seen it used constantly and maybe I'm the uninformed ass but why do people loooooooove that logo of a fella with an upside-down mustache? Also, how it that logo somehow more badass when the fella's head is randomly chopped off and just thrown on top of a "V?"

Back on topic, I'm not a huge fan of throwing a logo (one that I literally do not understand) within another team logo. Why not give integrating them more a go? It might be interesting to see how the head logo (minus the "V," the "Vancouver" they plaster on the jersey should remind everyone where the team's from) could work into that rink shape. Maybe silhouette style or something?

You know, the logo mockup I did kinda looks like an X-Ray of a hilarious ER visit.

RE: the OP. I never did get the love for the C-smile rink logo. The stick looks thin and fragile compared to the implied line weight of the C. Perhaps the full Johnny Cunuck within (and with a little overlap over) the rink would make a more dynamic look.

Archived