New L.A. Kings primary logo

caperlogo13

This may have been discussed before (apologies if it has), but I'm not sure I like the new Los Angeles Kings primary logo.

Don't get me wrong here. I dig the fact they went back to the Gretzky-era black and silver, but since most teams are going the retro logo route, why not the Kings?

They could use the current crown design with the retro logo.

lakings20113.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That subject about the KINGS logo is being discussed on a nearby thread.

NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

The link is that-away

chevy.jpg

Please do not backseat mod.

Individual teams' releases warrant their own thread, even if there's a league mega-thread.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

yeah, forcing people into the various mega-threads is what killed mcfarlane's board, and it'll kill this one too. If you want to have a more focused discussion, start your own thread, nothing wrong with that. When it comes to news, new threads should be encouraged, not forced into megathreads.

I like the chevy logo better, too, but I think this works...I wish it wasn't a homeplate shape though, it's a little too baseball for me

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

It sucks. Simple as that. Even the Jack Nicholson lion from the original shield would be a better primary than this.

Legend has it that Luc Robitaille sketched this logo, and it looks like it. Because he's french maybe he really did want it to say THE at the top. Who knows. All I know is, it's a pencil. And it's awful.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

That subject about the KINGS logo is being discussed on a nearby thread.

NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

The link is that-away

chevy.jpg

Please do not backseat mod.

Individual teams' releases warrant their own thread, even if there's a league mega-thread.

You gotta me kidding me .... all I told him was it was being discussed elsewhere and I gave him the link to it, to save him the time for searching and also add a bit of humor to it. I didn't do any reprimanding in my wording in the very least.

If it appeared that I did, let an official Mod tell me so, just as one did towards a Winnipeg fan who started a thread this weekend and a Mod came in and closed his thread and told him to go to another thread about all NHL teams that may have a new look for '11/'12, yet it wasn't 'exclusively' for the Winnipeg JETS.

I didn't care in the least that he had started a thread on the LA KINGS logo. He said he hadn't been around here, posted the old Gretzky-era logo and appeared to wanna discuss it.

I live in the LA area, and I always thought the '88 logo looked like the Chevy logo ... and I had been following that thread that I 'offered' him direction to. Using a Chevy logo with a smiley and it's pointing upward toward the link ... in doing so I was merely attempting to add a bit of humor to it.

It's amazing when something that innocent can be taken that out of context when it was purely meant as a bit of humor which proves some people really have no sense of.

Perhaps in the future when someone indicates by what they say that they could use directions and I happen to know them, I'll simply tell them I'd so like to help but they'll have to go to the local AAA since that's their job.

Unbelievable :wacko:

Calm down, I wasn't directing it at you, per se, but the entire concept of funneling discussions into megathreads is a bad idea, and I've said basically the same thing every time someone mentions "it's in this thread" and points to something with more than 10 pages.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

yeah, forcing people into the various mega-threads is what killed mcfarlane's board, and it'll kill this one too. If you want to have a more focused discussion, start your own thread, nothing wrong with that. When it comes to news, new threads should be encouraged, not forced into megathreads.

I like the chevy logo better, too, but I think this works...I wish it wasn't a homeplate shape though, it's a little too baseball for me

Mega-threads suck. If the guy wants to talk about the Kings logo, let him talk about Kings logos. Why the hell would you want to read about Predators jerseys and a new Ottawa logo when you want to talk about the new Kings logo.

Back on topic: The Kings interestingly have changed to adapt to colors other LA teams wear. They started with a logo that mimicked the Lakers, then once they were sold in the 80's they changed to mimic the Raiders (who were in LA at the time). When they were again sold to a new owner, they added the purple. Amazingly they took the same colors as the Sacramento NBA team, who were also called the 'Kings'. I'm not sure why they ditched the purple, but maybe it has something to do with ditching the same exact colors as an NBA team with the same name. Maybe their identity was getting a bit lost. Black and White Raiders style is a unique look, and going back to a style where they had the most success might be a good idea.

But black and silver doesn't exactly scream regal or royalty. Purple and gold are the colors of royalty. Black and silver are the colors of Raiders.

It's just dumb. With an ugly logo.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived